View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1591
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I wonder if Hickman deliberately wanted to create a Left-Right political divide in reaction to Dawn of X

Because yeah that has clearly occurred I think, it seems like most of the folks in favor of this are more on the left side, and those opposed more on the right

GENERALIZATION ^ I'm aware "not everyone" is that way
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I wonder if Hickman deliberately wanted to create a Left-Right political divide in reaction to Dawn of X

Because yeah that has clearly occurred I think, it seems like most of the folks in favor of this are more on the left side, and those opposed more on the right

I'm an independent so issues more move me than what feel is the made up idea of left vs. right. But i think in general your right.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

I wouldn't call religious fervor and nationalism, even well-meaning nationalism, "left", per se, but 2019 consistently tells me that words don't have meanings anymore so ok.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    P sure this happened.
    Nope. Just go look back at the issue lol.

They specifically don't face each as a nod to their underlying tension, which was put on hold for that night to celebrate the victory that is Krakoa.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-22-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I mean, Don’t you know that, like...LITERAL handfuls of humanity think mutants are deserving of dignities and compassion and the right to exist unmolested? Doesn’t the existence of a few dozen human allies outweighs racism? There were like TWO whole rallies for coexistence between the last genocide attempt and this one!
    LMAO. That is all.

Disagree. Most comics fans (and almost all LGBT supporters) are left wing. I'm so far left I'm off the plane in American politics, but I dislike the new status.

BANNED

Some people who are against it sound more like liberals than right-wingers. You know, the kind of people who think corporations or rich people care in any form about minorities or poor people in general.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Disagree. Most comics fans (and almost all LGBT supporters) are left wing. I'm so far left I'm off the plane in American politics, but I dislike the new status.
    hehe, I am so far left I have to live in Canada because I am too left for the United States. Of course I was born in Canada!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Some people who are against it sound more like liberals than right-wingers. You know, the kind of people who think corporations or rich people care in any form about minorities or poor people in general.
    I feel a lot of people who feel the X-Men are right seem to be people who have experienced racism and bigotry first hand. Once you have encountered these things in your own life it changes your perspective.

This isn't much different from the LGBT community, they were pariah's in society for a long time, so they formed their own communities where people lived in that area of the city. Hence the term the gay community, this was the place where you felt safest in the city as a member of the LGBT community. Which bars were ok to go to, which restaurants, which malls. These were things we thought about in the 80's and 90's and even the early 00's. It's been getting better, but the bigotry is still out there, it's just the bigots know they are minority now, at least here in Canada. But go back just 10 years and you still had to be careful walking around at night if you were gay, lesbian, or transgender because there was a serious chance you would be attacked or even raped by anti-LGBT bigots.

When you feel as a minority that you are being persecuted and oppressed no matter where you go, what can you do but try and establish your own safe community and work to protect each other.

To me Krakoa is the fantasy of the persecuted, the ultimate hope that you could gather together and find the promised land and be safe from your oppressors. But I understand that feeling myself not because of left of right politics, but because I have felt that oppression, I have felt that bigotry, and I have experienced it in my own life. When I was outed in High School in the 80's some kids tried to kill me and I was very lucky there were adults around to save me. To this day I get panic attacks if people touch my neck or I have anxiety if I wear a shirt or sweater that is tight around my neck. I would never wear a turtleneck because there is this deep fear that won't go away because back in High School these kids tried to kill me by trying to choke me to death with a tow rope. I think they were going to hang me if they didn't get caught.

"What does Twitter think of Krakoa?"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Most of XTwitter thinks Krakoa is awesome. Of course most of the people I talk to on Twitter are LGBT X-Men fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

"The muties have gone too far this time!"

"We are proud to announce our official support for this developing nation."

"Introducing the Wendy's Krakoa Burger! The only thing that tastes as good as this veggie delight is peace!"

"Finally! *various hand emojis*"

"Apocalypse?! Krakoa is CANCELLED! #MutantsAreOverParty"

"Humans can go to Krakoa too if they stan [INSERT KOREAN POP THING]!"

"So mutants are... leaving America? Why would someone do that..."

"Of course mutant/human relations would be fixed by-- *checks notes* --drugs!"

"jean grey plaese join twiter uguhguh"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I can easily see right wings liking Krakoa, specially the build the wall bunch.

I'm being leftist, I'm not really liking Krakoa much. It seems needed, but a distraction of what should happen
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-22-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Me too. AbnormallyNormal, that was a really insulting generalization. What is wrong with some of you, who can't abide fellow fans disagreeing with you? You can't abide educated fans with knowledge of sociology, psychology, politics, history, disagreeing with you? Wow, that was a low for posts on this forum. And I was beginning to think all you-all who think Krakoastan is wonderful are secret white nationalists! (Just kidding, sarcasm, can't help myself.)

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I feel a lot of people who feel the X-Men are right seem to be people who have experienced racism and bigotry first hand. Once you have encountered these things in your own life it changes your perspective.
    You couldn't be MORE WRONG! Your statement makes me cry! Once I've encountered "things like this" in my own life, I can see how demoralizing and disturbing this whole Krakoastan idea is because I love my X-Men fighting for social justice and peace and the ideal that we all have to live on this planet together and we all need to get along without sending whole groups to special places. I have to live with this **** on a daily basis where I'm at, and I do NOT want to abandon my home, my life, because a bunch of MAGAs and bigots want me gone. Freedom of choice, is the goal. I don't see mutants free to choose living in Krakoastan. The X-Men should be you and me, people who happen to develop wonderful or frightening powers, not super geniuses like Tony Stark or Reed Richards, just ordinary pre-teens ore teenagers like Kitty Pryde. Now they're immortal clones, programmed by Xavier with a ball on his head, living on a creepy living island, basically admitting they've given up the dream of sharing the earth. According to Marvel now, mutants can't even live on a natural piece of the earth. This must be absurdist dark comedy, because it isn't a super hero comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post

This isn't much different from the LGBT community, they were pariah's in society for a long time, so they formed their own communities where people lived in that area of the city. Hence the term the gay community, this was the place where you felt safest in the city as a member of the LGBT community. Which bars were ok to go to, which restaurants, which malls. These were things we thought about in the 80's and 90's and even the early 00's. It's been getting better, but the bigotry is still out there, it's just the bigots know they are minority now, at least here in Canada. But go back just 10 years and you still had to be careful walking around at night if you were gay, lesbian, or transgender because there was a serious chance you would be attacked or even raped by anti-LGBT bigots.

When you feel as a minority that you are being persecuted and oppressed no matter where you go, what can you do but try and establish your own safe community and work to protect each other.

To me Krakoa is the fantasy of the persecuted, the ultimate hope that you could gather together and find the promised land and be safe from your oppressors. But I understand that feeling myself not because of left of right politics, but because I have felt that oppression, I have felt that bigotry, and I have experienced it in my own life. When I was outed in High School in the 80's some kids tried to kill me and I was very lucky there were adults around to save me. To this day I get panic attacks if people touch my neck or I have anxiety if I wear a shirt or sweater that is tight around my neck. I would never wear a turtleneck because there is this deep fear that won't go away because back in High School these kids tried to kill me by trying to choke me to death with a tow rope. I think they were going to hang me if they didn't get caught.
    This has been my observation as well. And for what it’s worth, I’m sorry you had to go through that. I was pretty much always out, couldn’t hide who I was, and got picked on, mocked, assaulted on the regular through junior high and high school. I was never put in a position where people tried to KILL me, so I can’t even imagine...

But yes, I’m my own personal, anecdotal experience, people who have actually felt oppression, hatred, ‘otherness’ tend to be pro-Krakoa, whereas people who haven’t, no matter how ‘left’ they consider themselves, liken it to fascism.

I talked to a friend of mine about this, and presented it in two different ways:

1: a queer, trans person of color invents the cure for cancer. They offer that cure for free to PoCs and LGBT+ folks, but charge white people an affordable fee.

2: Rojava develops/discovers a resource that the world wants, and says, “We will happily offer it to any nation that recognizes our right to exist as a sovereign state. If you can’t accept that, that is your right, but you don’t get our resources because there is no trade structure for protecting our interests with nations who don’t recognize is as...well...a nation.”

In the first instance, the person discussed is not racist, but is discriminatory. More importantly, it goes against the Hippocratic oath. It is not racist, because queer, trans people of color have never had systemic power of oppression against white people. Racism is systemic and involves a power structure being used by those with power to oppress those without. But their actions ARE discriminatory and unethical on a medical level, if not a societal one.

In the second instance, Rojava is acting in the best interests of their burgeoning nation and their people, are offering their resources to EVERYONE, and only asking that they not be targeted for eradication as they work to establish a nation. They are using the leverage at their disposal to achieve recognized status as a nation from nations who might not otherwise be willing to recognize a female-led Middle Eastern nation. Without that recognition, there are aspects of trade that cannot be used unless both nations are recognized.

Krakoa is like the second instance. it is a group of people oppressed by everyone around them, coming together to fight for their right to exist, using the tools at their disposal.
    Last edited by zinderel; 10-22-2019 at 08:56 PM.