View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 19 of 107 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I love how magneto keeps referring to himself as a God. he is so delusional. I wonder will his arrogance one day result in the fall of krakoa.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    Sad to see X-man fall down to this level of incel fueled perversions.
    This should be the cover quote for the trade paperback.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Not bad. We got X-Men rescuing mutants, Magneto worship, villain screen time and Summers.

Wolverine was so out of place tho. Geez.

9/10.
    Because usually Logan fits right in at parties
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Amazing Member

Yes its the poor slobs who never get any who get off the most from these sorts of fantasies. You don't go from a life long Scott-Jean relationship, marriage, breakup, death, rebirth and deep friendship to wife sharing "arrangement" out of the backpages of penthouse. Unless - THESE AREN'T REALLY THE X-MEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Do you know what ‘incel’ means?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I love how magneto keeps referring to himself as a God. he is so delusional. I wonder will his arrogance one day result in the fall of krakoa.
    Oh sure but its fine when Storm does it for years.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    if it is a open relationship why would someone care if Scott got out of the combined circle? it is open there isn't cheating on a open relationship
    b. of course logan/jean/scott would never happen. Years of dispute and then they all resolve to have threeways? dumb stuff.
    c. Jean was attracted to Logan, but that is how it was, it wasn't even a triangle. She was really ok with not having anything to do with Logan.

i'm not big on poliamory, specially on fiction that needs constant tension and character developments. It is even worse that it doesn't fit these characters

That was married with a kid. Jean and scott aren't married anymore and the have kids.

That is Moira and Wolverine.
    To me it just feels like everybody is cjheating again but is okay this time. That Scott and Logan aren't enough for Jean or that Jean and Emma aren't enough for Scott.
    Some people are into it and that is okay but to me it does nothing, it feels empty and dumb because they are all going to break up anyway and these characters are just coming from the same thing under Morrison.
    Boring and redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    LMAO

It was more like an example of why Matt Fraction's run was nonsensical/abysmal, actually.

What Cyclops/Xavier were doing was really not particularly more impressive than what Magneto did with Genosha.
    We're blaming Magneto for Cassandra Nova's Sentinels destroying Genosha now? Please try to make sense.
    What? Those to whom you are responding are correct! When you are presented with evidence from the comics, you blame the real-world writers. Magneto is bipolar. Before he was de-aged and re-aged and somewhat healed, it used to be far worse. The Silver Age insanity included cycles of manic/psychotic-high god-complex. But he also has been shown to cycle down into deep depression. After the Genoshan massacre--which he did blame on himself because he thinks he should have saved his people and could have stopped the omega sentinels single-handedly but we know he couldn't have--he was lost and humbled and joined Xavier on Genosha to try and rebuild it. Then came Decimation. It broke him. That his own daughter would wipe out mutant-kind like that. He plunged into deep depression. He even was planning to kill himself. After he escaped the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicopter, he had no powers thanks to Wanda. He wandered (remember Qwerty's diaries in "Messiah Complex" and his fight with his old Acolytes whom he defeated without his powers?) Anyway, Magneto was defeated and down and totally ready for a leader like Scott Summers to take the point in saving mutants. He bent the knee to Summers with true humility.

I have not read this comic so I don't know if this voice is off or not. But in general, Magneto will always be the boy in the striped uniform behind the barbed wire--there is nothingness inside him, there is self-hatred and despair and incredible rage. He called himself a murderer before he was out of his teens (he was in the Auschwitz Sonderkommando) and felt from that point on he was beyond redemption. The more he misused his powers, the more manic and psychotic he became in the Silver Age. But always, the bluster, the "god complex" is compensation for the self-hate and despair that is really at his core.

In this case, currently on Krakoa (like I said, I haven't read the actual dialogue), he's won! Xavier has come around to his point of view! Everything he always dreamed of has come true. He's euphoric, but I gather the Krakoan flowers can act as mood stabilizers so he won't go manic. It's a typical overreaction of someone who survives horrors, overcomes extreme hardships, and wins everything. It's typical compensation given the way humanity has viewed mutants as monsters and losers. But also--Hickman might be showing us a Magneto going manic again, which will not end well for his and Xavier's alliance.

BANNED

Yes its the poor slobs who never get any who get off the most from these sorts of fantasies. You don't go from a life long Scott-Jean relationship, marriage, breakup, death, rebirth and deep friendship to wife sharing "arrangement" out of the backpages of penthouse. Unless - THESE AREN'T REALLY THE X-MEN.
    So, it's not that you don't know, you just want to find a term to associate with another of your tiresome anti Hickman rants. And you clinged to the hottest buzzword.

Thanks for clarifying.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

A good issue, the opening scene and the post-battle scenes were the highlight for me. The Orchis raid was exposition heavy, but it eventually evened out. Yu's art was alright, but I would have preferred someone better at expressions.

Serafina! It's not clear whether this is the same one we know though. I love the negative, inverted color scheme.

I wonder about those two high energy kids they rescued, are they maybe biological "bombs"?

Gregor and Orchis are inventing their own form of resurrection, my guess is that it will be more mechanical or technology based than the Five method.

My only concern about the polyamory is that they will continue to strongly hint it but never explicitly confirm it to give themselves a measure of plausible deniability.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 10-16-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Oh sure but its fine when Storm does it for years.
    She followed a man in wheelchair who said her place was not here because she thought she was a goddess?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    To me it just feels like everybody is cjheating again but is okay this time. That Scott and Logan aren't enough for Jean or that Jean and Emma aren't enough for Scott.
    Some people are into it and that is okay but to me it does nothing, it feels empty and dumb because they are all going to break up anyway and these characters are just coming from the same thing under Morrison.
    Boring and redundant.
    It is boring as hell.

Just cheapen every relationship. I want to see relationships explored, not character all over having sex with each other.
    Repeat: out of character;

Readers also need to separate fantasies from their entertainment

This couldn't be made with Gambit and Rogue? seems more like their things

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    We better get floor maps for everyone else’s homes as well (including who is sleeping where and which bedrooms have adjoining doors).
    Yana/Piotr/Kitty connected rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    LOL

If the Founding Father of a nation leaves temporarily (for any reason) and that nation suffers a horrible terror attack during his leave it's his fault.

Got it.
    He went psychotic again (after the Carrion Cove Sugar Man machine amped his powers and fried his brain), gathered an army, declared war on the world and the X-Men stopped him again (Eve of Destruction) and Wolverine gutted him, severed his spinal cord, and Xavier left him for dead on Genosha. He was in a wheelchair, with just enough power to put up shields and gather the final thoughts of the dying in that black box when one of the omega sentinels aimed directly at the room he was in. It's established continuity that Magneto's powers don't work very well when he's sick or injured. He couldn't move, but he knew it was his fault that he was in a wheelchair in the first place. Magneto knew he'd f*cked up.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It is boring as hell.

Just cheapen every relationship. I want to see relationships explored, not character all over having sex with each other.

Repeat: out of character;

Readers also need to separate fantasies from their entertainment

This couldn't be made with Gambit and Rogue? seems more like their things
    spirit2011, I have come to the conclusion that you are loving all of this. Every bit of it. :-) You can't wait for each issue to come out so you can come onto these threads and pretend you hate it all. You are one of us now. You are family. Welcome to Krakoa.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

First of all I was completely right about Hickman’s story and the real big bad that mutants face is human nature itself. I’m going forego gloating about that. But are we seriously NOT about to talk Storm and Cece working in tandem. I loved it! Not only was Ororo monitoring the massive energy output of the two children, she was actively keeping their radiation in check. Biiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssshhhhhhh!