View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 58 of 107 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Haha! That's where they get you! Polygamy is as baseline heterosexual as it gets. It's for the most part a power fantasy forced by a male on his female partners. The dynamic is soooo skewed that it--it suddenly occurs to me as I'm writing this that the Jean/Logan/Scott thing is actually the physical opposite of what I've been complaining about, and I don't have the wherewithal to really understand a woman choosing to be with two dudes, so I'm a quietly back out now.
    Still 2 men can really opress a woman into it. Some men have a fetish that their wife go with another men. Heard bad stories about it

people are talking emma into it, forgeting that it owuld involve more than just one woman. the gossip implied it going to see much more than just one woman out of the triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Should we talk about the history of marriage?
    There is alot of marriages stories. good try

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Did anyone think Corsair's putdown of his own self a s a "dumb human" compared to his son and his people, while conversing with Scott, feel sort of forced narrative-wise?

Like when I read it I hear Cary Elwes' character Major Forbes from "Glory" (1989) going "Well I is sorry, mas'sa. You be the boss-man now and all us chill'ins must learn your ways," except it's not sarcastic but sincere.
    It was just a dad complaint. My dad would tell me to slow down while driving, but what did he know? He only had to pay for it if I wrecked the damn car.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

We don't know if it's poliamory or if Scott and Jean are simply in an open relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Should we talk about the history of marriage?
    Well I have always found it fascinating that in the long history of marriage that the private vows taken by Angela and Sera would be considered a legal marriage, and yet 90% of the readers and at least two subsequent writers decided to treat them as single. But I guess that is off topic.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    We don't know if it's poligamy or if Scott and Jean are simply in an open relationship.
    Jean owuld never enter a open relationship

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    No, I don’t think any put downs of humanity in a HiX-amen comic can be compared to oppressed groups with internalized racism. That was a case of metaphorical white guilt.
    Right. Corsair would understand Scotts pov a lot better if he bothered spending more then one evening every 4 years with him so he can put his discomfort in a box somewhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think it is hard to compare the building of Krakoa as a nation to a real world thing, mainly because of the many complications that mutants have to face and the endless killing/plotting against them.

Either way, I didn't like the way they are portraying humans to the mutant children. They should know better than not be on their [human's] level.
    That's pretty much my stance on it too; there's definitely some justification and cause to celebrate, but eye-for-an-eye can't end end well, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Okay? That was the whole point, yes. People are making the argument that x-men aren't letting humans on krakoa and those same people probably don't have a problem with the church they support not allowing gays to run services as though they are less than.
    That's one thing to disagree with others opinions, that's another to insinuate disgusting things about them as a result. This is not the first time this happened here on this board, that's both offensive and shameful.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

We don't know if it's poliamory or if Scott and Jean are simply in an open relationship.
    Agreed. people have gone straight to All these characters sleeping with each other, mm and ff action. But it may simply be Scott & Jean have decided to keep things more casual after all their history. So while they care for each other, they may still be seeing other people. They may not even consider themselves married, since Jean deaths have certainly overworked "Til Death Do Us Part."

Jean doesn't seem the type to do that given she's always been the more demure type of girl. But Hickman can make it work if he wants to.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-17-2019 at 08:06 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Still 2 men can really opress a woman into it. Some men have a fetish that their wife go with another men. Heard bad stories about it
    Are u calling Cyclops a cuck?

As someone as already said, things have changed quite a bit. And Jean has had a lot of extreme/powerful experiences with the Phoenix and such. One can assume she changed a bit.

That's you projecting your truths on your favorite character. People change and evolve. Jean's been through death and a lot of ****. Cyclops was in a relationship with Emma for years. Jean has always cared for Logan. We don't know the specifics of their arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    As someone as already said, things have changed quite a bit. And Jean has had a lot of extreme/powerful experiences with the Phoenix and such. One can assume she changed a bit.
    That i sjust how Jean is. There is no change to how she sees relationships.

everyone keep throwing change as it can chenge the core of a person. It can't

That's you projecting your truths on your favorite character. People change and evolve. Jean's been through death and a lot of ****. Cyclops was in a relationshipt with Emma for years. Jean has always cared for Logan. We don't know the specifics of their arrangement.
    i'm not projecting anything.

find proof she is into open relationships

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    That's pretty much my stance on it too; there's definitely some justification and cause to celebrate, but eye-for-an-eye can't end end well, surely?
    The prejudice started at the top with Xavier. Look at the language he uses while coaxing Scott to open his eyes. Don't keep them shut, don't look down. That's what they do. Moira sure did a number on baldy.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Agreed. people have gone straight to All these characters sleeping with each other, mm and ff action. But it may simply be Scott & Jean have decided to keep things more casual after all their history. So while they care for each other, they may still be seeing other people. They may not even consider themselves married, since Jean deaths have certainly overworked "Til Death Do Us Part."

Jean doesn't seem the type to do that given she's always been the more demure type of girl. But Hickman can make it work if he wants to.
    he can't even write Jean with a personality. but a writer can write anything he wants, making sense or not.

if they aren't feeling like being together, Jean should be on her own discovering a new relationship.