View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 54 of 107 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    So many people are making so many definitive claims about a story that is SO FRESH AND INCOMPLETE.

We haven't gotten everyone's perspectives. We are ONE title/issue POST Hox/PoX.

We don't know how Jubilee feels. Or Dani. Or.....a lot of people.
    We also don't know how their respective human parents feel. And we may not.

Too many "This is how it is" with very few facts to support.
    We are 13 issues in, everyone can give opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    First off, there hasn't been any proof in the comics that all humans aren't allowed on Krakoa. People are reaching that conclusion a bit prematurely.
    Absolutely. Indeed they haven’t even discussed a law for this yet.

That being said, and as much as I don't particularly enjoy agreeing with the not all humans crowd, banning all humans from Krakoa would be problematic.
    It is indeed problematic to use the ‘not all humans” line. But it is at least a defence against the “all humans” claim.

It would put human parents in the impossible situation of having to decide whether to maintain custody of their children or give them up to Krakoa in the belief it will be a more safe place for them to live. As for a specific example, there are the Guthries, one of the most supportive families in comics, who themselves have been the target of violence because of their familial relations. If they weren't allowed on Krakoa, that would be pretty shitty (although it would explain why Paige nopes out of Krakoa).
    To be honest, I do expect some of these issues to come up in stories. The new status quo begs exploration of such issues. We have many months if not years to explore this kind of thing.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    No, it is this science fiction world. Someone can put anti-mutant virus in "friendly" human without them knowing. Everybody is a threat that is the only way you stay 100% safe.No exceptions. Humans will never be a threat to Krakoa because humans will never be allowed on Krakoa
    nah they have tech to detect that. and how do you know a mutant can't be infected?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    They really haven’t. Occasionally we have had some poor editorial and writer decisions to show some kind of consensus but generally that has never been the situation outside of specific controversial eras.

The era immediately after Secret Wars which was never really addressed to anyone’s satisfaction has been all but forgotten.

A mutant cure has usually been presented as an option for scared individuals and sold to the public by unscrupulous and often corrupt politicians, not reasonable or normal people.

Over and over again the implication is that extremists can hold sway over the nations they have managed to sway to their will.

To paint everyone in the MU as a mutant hating bigot is to totally misrepresent the stories we have all been reading for years. Hickman isn’t doing that and neither should we.
    Generally? They have. Totally? No. After all, it's hard to say everyone has the same opinion. Hickman is most certainly not showing all humans as bigots, but at the very least a segment of the ones antagonizing the X-Men. I admit that the current politic state of my country makes me more favorable to so called extreme measures against bigoted groups. The fact that I'm browsing this thread listening to Words of Wisdom, which is maybe too appropriate of a song for this theme, isn't helping in making me more empathetic to Marvel humans (and who am I to say Tupac was wrong). Anyway, human bigotry against humans has crossed far too many lines for me to say "I would definitely not do the same in their place". But I do hope things get to a point where such measures aren't necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    We are 13 issues in, everyone can give opinions.
    Omg.

I didn't say anything about opinions.
    I said people are making claims without facts.
    For example: All humans hate mutants & NO humans are allowed on Krakoa.

Omg.

I didn't say anything about opinions.
    I said people are making claims without facts.
    For example: All humans hate mutants & NO humans are allowed on Krakoa.
    no humans allowed on krakoa is a fact. betsy bother can't go to krakoa

nah they have tech to detect that. and how do you know a mutant can't be infected?
    Well they can't avoid that risk now they? It is island filled mutants but guess what they can 100% for sure stop
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-17-2019 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Has anyone in the narrative specifically agreed with him in that regard yet?
    No. Indeed we have seen how laws will get decided and that law isn’t yet part of the story. If it was a law it wouldn’t be very good law because it is ambiguous. Using the term ‘Man’ can mean ‘all humans’ or can just mean ‘mankind’ in a general rhetorical manner.

In other words what Magneto said is irrelevant until we see how it is applied and or legislated for.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Well they can't avoid that risk now they? It is island filled mutants but guess what they can 100% for sure stop ?
    Mutants aren't bulletproof to treason and other tamperings

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So many people are making so many definitive claims about a story that is SO FRESH AND INCOMPLETE.
    Honestly. It's like who knew the Fantastic Four fighting the Wizard would've led to Johnny Storm dying to Annihilation Wave?

wuff.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Someone remind me how many human allies flocked to the XMen when they lived in Utopia. There was no "no humans allowed" edict then. So someone please post a panel of Byron Braddock stopping by for a cup of tea or Corsair catching ball with his son on Utopias beach.

The minute mutants ask for some boundaries and proclaim something they created themselves is just for them, everybody wants to be involved. The real life parallels are incredibly funny.
    Last edited by tuck frump; 10-17-2019 at 07:14 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Okay? That was the whole point, yes. People are making the argument that x-men aren't letting humans on krakoa and those same people probably don't have a problem with the church they support not allowing gays to run services as though they are less than.
    so what?

10char
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The problem is that you want to make it about real people and Marvel humans have been shown to be generally in favor of what's been done to mutants, from the sentinels to the vaccination and the concentration camps/prisons ran by ONE.

But sure, let's keep the narrative alive that all sapiens are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It's the mutants on Krakoa that appear to me monolithic, they don't seem to have different opinions on the politics on Krakoa.
    Maybe it's the reason why they cannot imagine the people outside Krakoa might have diverse opinions.
    There certainly is a lack of diverging opinions presented here.
    Yes, they "might" all want the same thing. But just on the how, there should be different opinions being expressed. Hopefully, other voices will be heard down the line - beyond Xavier/Magneto that is.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Someone remind me how many human allies flocked to the XMen when they lived in Utopia. There was no "no humans allowed" edict then. So someone please post a panel of Byron Braddock stopping by for a cup of tea or Corsair catching ball with his son on Utopias beach.

The minute mutants ask for some boundaries and proclaim something they created themselves is just for them, everybody wants to be involved. The real life parallels are incredibly funny.
    I don't think so. Mutants have human families what that were excluded just because of genes

Mutants aren't bulletproof to treason and other tamperings
    Okay, Mutants are risks is one they have they to take, they don't have to take any risk on humans. It is that simple

Marcus To on Battle of the Atom podcast https://www.xavierfiles.com/2019/10/...-2019-special/ at 32:46 he talks about Brian not being allowed on Krakoa