View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 42 of 107 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    “What about the people who call homophobes homophobes? Aren’t they just heterophobes?!”
    “Well, _I_ think that the real bigots are the ones who call other people bigoted.”

That is what you sound like right there, just so you know. And, to more directly answer your question, what about it? If you loudly complain and insult and demonize adults for their consensual relationships just because you don’t get it or ‘approve’ (as if any adult should care what anyone not directly involved in their relationship approves of...) then you ARE a prude. If you don’t like it, don’t watch. You don’t get to tell anyone else what THEY can do or like, though.
    Those are fictional characters, I'm not offending anyone on real life

Also they have prior characterization that doesnt allow this freedom.
    People are completely ignoring that.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yeah, that's... that's not how it works. The offense comes from the sentiment, not the target.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Yeah, that's... that's not how it works. The offense comes from the sentiment, not the target.
    Sure talking about storytelling have nothing to do with real life

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The real answer? The same reason Jean Grey has a seat: a white-knuckled grip on the deepest bits of nostalgia that would really signify change were it to slip.
    What does that even mean? What are you talking about?

Also they have prior characterization that doesnt allow this freedom.
    People are completely ignoring that.
    You have repeatedly characterized the POSSIBILITY of polyamory being presented as normal and fine in horrible ways. And by characterizing the POSSIBILITY as gross or disgusting or wrong or perverted, you tell poly people reading what you post that they are those things. By saying the same words to anyone who thinks a poly setup would be interesting, you reinforce that you find polyamory to be those things. That makes you look like both a prude and a bigot.

It is NOT. A good look.
    Last edited by zinderel; 10-16-2019 at 10:11 PM.

You have repeatedly characterized the POSSIBILITY of polyamory being presented as normal and fine in horrible ways. You do not own these characters. You do not write these characters. You do not get to dictate what they do or do not do. And by characterizingvthe POSSIBILITY as gross or disgusting or wrong or perverted, you tell poly people reading what you post that they are gross, or disgusting or wrong or perverted.

It is NOT. A good look.
    I dont own but there is out of character behavior. Marvel cant change that, you cant change.

I didnt wrote any of that, also people need to separate

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    What does that even mean? What are you talking about?
    probably the most (in)famous love triangle in marvel comics

Amazing that a floor plan for a house has brought so much drama. Hickman's data pages are all powerful.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

I dont own but there is out of character behavior. Marvel cant change that, you cant change.

I didnt wrote any of that, also people need to separate
    You don’t get to dictate what is in or out of character. What is on paper is what is on paper. It is canon. Unless we are told otherwise on paper or in canon, what we see characters say and do is what they say and do. The author and the editors determine what is in character. And frankly, I don’t see much out of character here. I see that you don’t like it, but that doesn’t make it bad or out of character.

Wow. What a fantastic read this was. The dialogue and the pace. Marvel, the X-Office, and Hickman are really going all out by wanting to make this the next seminal moment in X-Men history.

The ideas are so fresh and grand. This is what I've always wanted for the X-Men. If anyone ever recalls my posts in all of those "make your own team" or "revamp the X-Men" threads-- I always stated I wanted the X-Men to rebuild Genosha with stories that focused on mutant society and civilization. Their economy, politics, culture, etc. And Hickman is doing just that, but way beyond what I imagined.

This is absolutely breathtaking and exactly what the X-Men needed. Whether you like it or not, it's generating plenty of conversation in all mediums.

I'm all for the Age of Krakoa.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

You don’t get to dictate what is in or out of character. What is on paper is what is on paper. It is canon. Unless we are told otherwise on paper or in canon, what we see characters say and do is what they say and do. The author and the editors determine what is in character. And frankly, I don’t see much out of character here. I see that you don’t like it, but that doesn’t make it bad or out of character.
    These characters have story, nothing say they are poliamor much the contrary, thery are mono. Anything else is fan wishing and cheap retcons

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Amazing that a floor plan for a house has brought so much drama. Hickman's data pages are all powerful.
    He must have surely known.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    One of those spare rooms is probably for Sinister. Actually, i want creepy sinister spying on other characters from the bushes to become a recurring thing.
    I kept imagining Sinister was going to crash the party!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    probably the most (in)famous love triangle in marvel comics
    Yes, a love triangle that now seems to have moved past nostalgia into three or four dimensions, thanks to the Sinister Secrets, some key panels in HoX, and this issue.

These characters have story, nothing say they are poliamor much the contrary, thery are mono. Anything else is fan wishing and cheap retcons
    God forbid relationships or characters evolve past your own prejudices...