View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

    82 32.93%
  • ★★★★

    84 33.73%
  • ★★★

    55 22.09%
  • ★★

    18 7.23%
  • 10 4.02%
Page 52 of 107 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 1591
  1. #766
    Fantastic Member Domino_Dare-Doll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Even then you are misrepresenting the truth.The UK was never part of the Schengen agreement and that was never held up as a xenophobic policy from my perspective. So at no point was it allowed for a French or German national to just walk into the UK without a passport even though they could do so between their respective countries.
    I didn't mean to misrepresent the truth, I was merely commenting on what I'd observed from media reactions and online discussions in regards to the result.

  2. #767
    Libre. People Of The Earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paris.
    Posts
    3,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The main problem with this concern over the poor, poor humans who can't get into Krakoa is that people are getting too hung up on futile philosophical implications and dismissing material, practical aspects. It doesn't matter if mutants can get in a high horse and try to be the "better ones" when their nation is beginning to establish itself. Down the line, when mutant-human relations are in a better state (so, when humans stop trying to actively terminate mutants, who aren't going to war with them, so far), humans should be allowed on the main land. Before that, Krakoa doesn't have the luxury of underestimating them and the threat they might represent. Even if good people get there, you can't guarantee that they won't be captured by anti-mutant forces and have the information extracted from them through torture or other inhumane methods.

    It's really not that hard to understand.
    Corsair of all people wasn't on the Mainland as far as we can tell, was he? He was no UN ambassador, nor racial extremist but a father visiting his sons - so the whole "humans need to stop trying to actively terminate mutants" can go to hell here.
    Same remark I just made about the whole monolithic stance on sapiens and the lack of nuance in dealing with them.
    Blanket ban is too extreme of a stance.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."


    "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

  3. #768
    Fantastic Member Domino_Dare-Doll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    If you are seeking a consensus on the UK situation you are on a losing wicket.
    Ok, please elaborate for me so that I might better understand?

  4. #769
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Your example doesn't work. Why? Because you are assuming that ALL sapiens think the same when it comes to mutants. That they ALL hate them, that they ALL fear them, that ALL of them want to kill the mutants.
    It's a fallacy.
    People are not MONOLITHIC. People are PEOPLE. They are DIFFERENT, hold DIFFERENT beliefs and DIFFERENT views on things.
    As long as you don't integrate that in your examples, they'll keep falling flat on their face like this caricatural one.
    Except that when comes to safety issues 100% no exceptions is a fair stance because 1 slip up is all it takes. And humans don't need to come on Krakoa for humans and mutant relationship to get better. Coming on Krakoa does nothing for mutant /human reletionship The reason the example works when the husband proves that not he is not on alcohol and the wife feels comfortable he will be allowed some benefits. Mutants and the humans problems can be fix without Humans ever touching Krakoa. One day mutants are going to feel comfortable and the going to put down a settlement by the humans and if the humans don't kill the mutants it will be a step forward. Then more and more settlements will happen and before you know it humans and mutants are living together in peace.Without 1 human ever stepping foot on mainland Krakoa. The wife doesn't need to let husband into the house to fix the problem.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-17-2019 at 06:41 AM.

  5. #770
    Libre. People Of The Earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paris.
    Posts
    3,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Except in the marvel Universe they are monolithic and unequivocally racist.
    Ah yes, that unequivocally racist Corsair and his racist views on mutants this issue, and the Fantastic Four and their oppresive stance towards mutants back in HoX, yeah, sapiens are alllll the same… Can't find the panels supporting your belief here, but I'm sure you'll point them out for the sake of your argument.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."


    "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

  6. #771
    Sad & Brazilian PrezValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Corsair of all people wasn't on the Mainland as far as we can tell, was he? He was no UN ambassador, nor racial extremist but a father visiting his sons - so the whole "humans need to stop trying to actively terminate mutants" can go to hell here.
    Same remark I just made about the whole monolithic stance on sapiens and the lack of nuance in dealing with them.
    Blanket ban is too extreme of a stance.
    Corsair is still one person, who lives in space and hasn't been exposed to the mutant hating culture. He works as an exception. The blanket ban is certainly not right in some sense, but it's more practical than counting on people's good heart.
    Hunting's no fun when your prey doesn't move.

  7. #772
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,669

    Default

    Krakoa is now property of Xavier, Magneto and Moira and they say "No humans allowed". Do any of you allow people you don't like onto your private property? Geez, it's that simple.
    "Cable was right!"

  8. #773
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    8,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Ah yes, that unequivocally racist Corsair and his racist views on mutants this issue, and the Fantastic Four and their oppresive stance towards mutants back in HoX, yeah, sapiens are alllll the same… Can't find the panels supporting your belief here, but I'm sure you'll point them out for the sake of your argument.
    It's hard to justify this. so for krakoa every human is a enemy
    Zethrimon unblock me

  9. #774
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Ah yes, that unequivocally racist Corsair and his racist views on mutants this issue, and the Fantastic Four and their oppresive stance towards mutants back in HoX, yeah, sapiens are alllll the same… Can't find the panels supporting your belief here, but I'm sure you'll point them out for the sake of your argument.
    Sometimes the not everyone argument in my opinion seems like an easy way out safe space. It's easy to say Not all humans or not all this or that and then knowingly being the majority sitting back in safety and not getting out there to do anything to help or not adding your voice. It makes it hard to know who you can trust aside from those you already trust. The argument could be made on corsair not being in the main island and being an ally but there is nothing that said he couldn't go their in this issue and with images of Shogo on the main island it's still just forced assumption on lack of information and the word of one mutant. I would think if it was such a huge issue the council would have put it into law.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  10. #775
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Krakoa is now property of Xavier, Magneto and Moira and they say "No humans allowed". Do any of you allow people you don't like onto your private property? Geez, it's that simple.
    I thought it was a state.
    If I offended you, be assured that it wasn't my intention. English is not my first language.

  11. #776
    Mighty Member tuck frump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Krakoa is now property of Xavier, Magneto and Moira and they say "No humans allowed". Do any of you allow people you don't like onto your private property? Geez, it's that simple.
    Krakoa is alive and has expressed that it didnt want humans on itself. Do ppl just let anyone step on them when they feel like it? I mean except on thursday nights.

  12. #777
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I thought it was a state.
    And the founders can dictate who's allowed in or not.
    "Cable was right!"

  13. #778
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    And the founders can dictate who's allowed in or not.
    It doesn't mean they are not above criticism…
    If I offended you, be assured that it wasn't my intention. English is not my first language.

  14. #779
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    And the founders can dictate who's allowed in or not.
    Like a lot of churches don't allow openly gay pastors or preachers. I think that's more wrong than Krakoa not allowing humans free access. I wonder if they see that the same. It's exclusion.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  15. #780
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    8,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It doesn't mean they are not above criticism…
    They are more like dictators than founders...
    Zethrimon unblock me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •