View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 87 of 107 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1591

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Honestly both are pretty terrible. One's like a punch to the face and the other is a kick to the groin. The punches continue to come to this day with Kitty and Piotr.
    My face is still hurt to be honest
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yet, it didn't do permanent damage to the characters or relationships. Peter and MJ are together and in love just not husband and wife.
    meanwhile this mess on the x-men has been handled so terrible it has resulted on a bunch of people hating fictional characters and relationships. Every character or relationship involved has been damaged. So yeah OMD is still better.
    Makes VERY PAINFUL sense, this.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Yet, it didn't do permanent damage to the characters or relationships. Peter and MJ are together and in love just not husband and wife.
    meanwhile this mess on the x-men has been handled so terrible it has resulted on a bunch of people hating fictional characters and relationships. Every character or relationship involved has been damaged. So yeah OMD is still better.
    OMD and its aftermath were a lot better for sure. Far easier to come around

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    My face is still hurt to be honest
    I know what you mean. Spider-man didn't deserve it...
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 10-20-2019 at 08:26 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

I have not bought Spidey since OMD. It erased the marriage I grew up with for decades. That's not the same thing as a marriage that ended in death.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I have not bought Spidey since OMD. It erased the marriage I grew up with for decades. That's not the same thing as a marriage that ended in death.
    it ended in cheating and fridging. Leagues worse

BANNED

Not every death in comics is 'fridging.'

Same

I don’t understand what X-Men fans are mad about here. Nothing is erased here, Scott and Jean are p much still together and have a big family. Sure there are hints of polyamory but It’s still Scott and Jean marriage, the rest are just snacks.

If Peter and MJ were married and had Felicia on the side. It will bring me joy .. as long as it’s not Gwen. Imslep

Not every death in comics is 'fridging.'
    Jean did kind of die in a stupid way with a stupid throwaway character that they made up just for the story. Even if they intended it to be Magneto originally, they couldn't stick with it because of the uproar from fans that felt that it was massively out of character for Magneto. Then another writer wanted to use him again so they had to retcon it as Xorn the whole time.

Personally I felt that they were cowards as writers and editors. They actually had a good story to tell here, what is the aftermath of Scott and Jean's marriage breaking apart. Where does Jean go from this, does she form her own team at a new location, does she leave the X-Men and join the Avengers, or maybe venture out into space on an adventure with the Starjammers or Guardians of the Galaxy.

But instead of using Jean someplace else and maybe following up on how this impacts Scott, Emma, and Jean. Instead they just killed her off. But even in that they were cowards as writers because they still kept bringing her character in using different ways to impact Emma and Scott, but never giving any of the characters resolution or closure.

One of their greatest mistakes as writers was when they did bring Jean back, they should have had her confront and talk to Emma. Heck, I even thought they should have Jean be the one to pull Emma back into the X-Men. To me that would have been a good story to tell, and it might even heal some of the breach in the fandom. It's not like they didn't set the tone for it in the Jean Grey miniseries, Ghost Jean and Emma were interacting there and even helping each other. To me after fully returning they should have had Jean drag Emma back into the fold whether she liked it or not.

I hope Hickman addresses it at some point. Not just Jean and Emma sharing a beer. But Jean and Emma going on a mission together and being forced to have a conversation about these things even if it does make Emma and Jean uncomfortable.

Anyway, I think editorial mandated getting rid of Jean and she was fridged/killed off in a stupid storyline with a fake Magneto.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    it ended in cheating and fridging. Leagues worse
    Cheating was just a plot. Don’t see how it’s worse than OMD.

Not only was the “erase marriage” thing st00pid, Peter was acting like a moron throughout the issues and was whining nonstop instead of taking actions. Jeez OMD is literally the worst.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I hope Hickman addresses it at some point. Not just Jean and Emma sharing a beer. But Jean and Emma going on a mission together and being forced to have a conversation about these things even if it does make Emma and Jean uncomfortable.
    What do Jean and Emma get of being friends? I don't hate Emma but I don't think she does any good near Jean.
    It just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe they shouldn'tbe enemies but friends is something different and I don't think they can or want them to be friends.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-20-2019 at 08:53 PM.

BANNED

One More Day was shoes-on-hands dumb. Imagine hating a character so much you think it's a good idea to have Spider-Man make a deal with the devil.

Jean's and Scott's marriage ending made sense. Shouldn't have been restarted after Maddy anyway. Then the fridging of Jean just made it entirely irredeemable.

Kitty and Piotr don't need to be married. That was just unnecessary. Her character is supposed to be 20-22. They should come back together, but editorial should keep them fun and light.

Who else? R&G, of course. Long may they live. But if they break up, fine. Totally in character as long as they get back together in a few years. Those crazy kids.

Bring on Jubes and the British guy with no mouth.

Where are Nathaniel and Benji?

Where are Eye Boy and Nature Girl?

Can we get our new drug magnate to tame Namor once and for all?

Nightcrawler demands more shipping!
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-20-2019 at 08:56 PM.

What do Jean and Emma get of being friends? I don't hate Emma but I don't think she does any good near Jean.
    It just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe they shouldn'tbe enemies but friends is something different and I don't think or want them to be friends.
    I don't have illusions about them being friends. I would just like to see some closure for their story, even if they remain work acquaintances, I just feel like their story could use some real closure. People can talk out some of their differences to try and find common ground without actually ending up friends after.

I know I sort of ship Emma and Jean out of fun, but that's not what I mean here. Taking the current story, I think there is room to continue their conversation from the Jean Grey mini series and at least finish the conversation.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

It just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe they shouldn'tbe enemies but friends is something different and I don't think they can or want them to be friends.
    I like them better as frenemies. They respect each other....mostly, and can depend on each other professionally, but dislike each other personally. And not merely over Scott. I always felt Emma disliked Jean for her own reasons - mainly her belief that Jean always got the better end of the same stick Emma was stuck with the short end of. In Emma's mind, no matter what she did, she would always be held at arms length and the first person suspected when anything bad happened, while Jean would always be embraced and above suspicion no matter what. It was petty, but she went after Scott initially to stick it to Ms Grey. Him seeing the core of a horribly wounded yet still somewhat decent person under her bitterness and bitchy armor, and her actually falling in love with him were not part of the plan.

Emma, like most of the X-Men, has some serious emotional issues, and her time with her family taught her the worst lessons for dealing with people.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Why not though?