View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 10 of 107 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Lately he had left it. Now on House of X it is FULL back
    In X-Men Blue, he found out that the United States government had multiple detention centres all over where they were holding mutant civilians in permanent detention and he made it his mission to free them all by any means necessary.

Do I think the X-Men are becoming very jaded with humanity, yeah for sure, but I think that this has been building for a while, you can only have the government experimenting on, torturing, and killing your people and children so much before all you want is to kill every last one of the bastards responsible for this evil.

Why do you think that the Allies bombed Germany into submission at the tail end of World War II. Everyone was just over the extreme evil that the Nazi's were perpetuating and after what Germany did to Britain, it was just about vengeance at the end, they wanted to bomb Germany into the dark ages to make sure they would always remember what happens if they let a racist regime try to take over Europe ever again.

At some point the evil you are fighting becomes so horrific that the battle to stop that evil starts changing you because you have to go to extremes to stop them.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Plus Hepzibah and Corsair are kind of married I think, so it would be more Hepzibah trying to be a good "grandmother" and engage with the anti-social Rachel.
    That's how I saw it. Too much horniness around here, we see ships and sex everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I wish Yu's artwork would convey stuff like that a bit more clearly if I'm being honest? I'm having a lot of trouble reading some of those facial expressions...? (Still a hell of a lot of talent like, don't get me wrong!)
    yeah, I didn't like Yu's art either, I felt like I was seeing very generic and average comic art over all. I gave this book 4 stars because honestly the art takes away one star right off the bat.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Where was Xavier while all this was happening?
    I would have thought that Corsair would have at least made some reference to the dark incident with Vulcan but apparently it is not a problem.
    Vulcan was too similar to Shatterstar. His respect for Wolverine was in a similar vein to Shatterstars reveration for him though admittedly he didn't go overboard with it.
    Why Cable would ask for Jeans permission to exchange weapons when he has shown himself to be a law unto himself till now is head scratching.
    Liked seeing Cyclops optimistic about the future for once.
    The leisurely get together was a nice touch after all the tension and death of House of X.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    In X-Men Blue, he found out that the United States government had multiple detention centres all over where they were holding mutant civilians in permanent detention and he made it his mission to free them all by any means necessary.

Do I think the X-Men are becoming very jaded with humanity, yeah for sure, but I think that this has been building for a while, you can only have the government experimenting on, torturing, and killing your people and children so much before all you want is to kill every last one of the bastards responsible for this evil.

Why do you think that the Allies bombed Germany into submission at the tail end of World War II. Everyone was just over the extreme evil that the Nazi's were perpetuating and after what Germany did to Britain, it was just about vengeance at the end, they wanted to bomb Germany into the dark ages to make sure they would always remember what happens if they let a racist regime try to take over Europe ever again.

At some point the evil you are fighting becomes so horrific that the battle to stop that evil starts changing you because you have to go to extremes to stop them.
    Allies didn't bombed germany into submission. Russians fought and arrived on Berlim on their own.

I still see the relation between freeing mutants on labs and detention centers, and Magneto thinking of himself like a god.

there is that classic SVU line "you fight monsters, take care of not becoming one". something like that

I just don't see this complete regression of Magneto and everyone fine with it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    To me; everyone seemed like they were flirting with each other. I like it!

Edited: Is Rachel even their daughter?
    Rachel is not Scott's biological daughter according to UXM Annual #14.

Magneto is winning, it is normal for his god complex to resurface again.

It's hard to feel a god when you're being kicked everywhere.

So, this was okay, at best. Magneto was insufferable, borderline laughable, so much so that Lorna pointed it out (which was not cute, just kind of embarrassing). Her conversation with Scott was nice, though. The Scott/Ro conversation, though, I found super awkward, misplaced, over-expository and philosophical, and dull. Not their best look.

Why would the Summers-Grey clan set up shop in the place Jean died? I know poetic irony is a thing, but that was too on the nose even for an issue that lacked any and all subtlety.

Jean was basically wallpaper, not that I expected anything else in "the Scott Summers story". Vulcan and MiniCable were done dirtier in that they seemed mis-characterized as opposed to under-characterized, IMO, so, yay (?)

I could not care less about the Orchis people no matter how hard I tried. The reverse-extinction theme is a nice riff-off of the last few years of X-Comics, but yeah, not feeling it.

Props to Hickman for going through with the polyamory thing even though it's bound to be incendiary. Probably not going to go well in the end, but hey, he actually went there. Can't wait for someone to inevitably go beyond the established relationship limits and into cheating territory so it can blow up in their faces (again). The architectural plans were fun, though.

Also, would it have killed them to keep Silva and/or Larraz for the freaking flagship? Yu's style gets old quick. Hope they shuffle around a bit down the line.

2/5 overall, because it was very underwhelming.

Lately he had left it. Now on House of X it is FULL back
    So he was OOC lately and Hickman is writing him in character? Anyway this isn't even true LOL.

Allies didn't bombed germany into submission. Russians fought and arrived on Berlim on their own.

I still see the relation between freeing mutants on labs and detention centers, and Magneto thinking of himself like a god.

there is that classic SVU line "you fight monsters, take care of not becoming one". something like that

I just don't see this complete regression of Magneto and everyone fine with it
    Yes, SVU came up with that...

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    So he was OOC lately and Hickman is writing him in character? Anyway this isn't even true LOL.
    More like character development derailed

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Magneto is winning, it is normal for his god complex to resurface again.

It's hard to feel a god when you're being kicked everywhere.
    I don't think so. he is past that, and h ehad his back kicked a lot since the 60s

Extraordinary Member

I personally don't believe in polyamory, but whatever works for these three grown and consenting adults.

That being said, this all just seems too perfect.

Serafina/Children of the Vault ongoing now, please.

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    So, this was okay, at best. Magneto was insufferable, borderline laughable, so much so that Lorna pointed it out (which was not cute, just kind of embarrassing). Her conversation with Scott was nice, though. The Scott/Ro conversation, though, I found super awkward, misplaced, over-expository and philosophical, and dull. Not their best look.

Why would the Summers-Grey clan set up shop in the place Jean died? I know poetic irony is a thing, but that was too on the nose even for an issue that lacked any and all subtlety.

Jean was basically wallpaper, not that I expected anything else in "the Scott Summers story". Vulcan and MiniCable were done dirtier in that they seemed mis-characterized as opposed to under-characterized, IMO, so, yay (?)

I could not care less about the Orchis people no matter how hard I tried. The reverse-extinction theme is a nice riff-off of the last few years of X-Comics, but yeah, not feeling it.

Props to Hickman for going through with the polyamory thing even though it's bound to be incendiary. Probably not going to go well in the end, but hey, he actually went there. Can't wait for someone to inevitably go beyond the established relationship limits and into cheating territory so it can blow up in their faces (again). The architectural plans were fun, though.

Also, would it have killed them to keep Silva and/or Larraz for the freaking flagship? Yu's style gets old quick. Hope they shuffle around a bit down the line.

2/5 overall, because it was very underwhelming.
    There isn't reason to care on relationships on polyamor. Someone cheated? that is even possible? LOL

the story telling is completely destroyed and characters are just bodies

The Red Dragon

Why are some xfans so thirsty? “Omg x and Y interacted! They must be in a relationship now.”

Same with randomly picking background characters or people who appeared for an arc and stanning them for life.

This issue was just ok, dialogue was heavy handed and I thought much of the humor fell flat. The only character that sounds right is Magneto.

More like character development derailed
    A character development that was only happening in your head it seems.

Complaining about Magneto's massive ego being OOC is just really funny.

What's next? Wolverine stabbing people is OOC?
    Last edited by Supernature; 10-16-2019 at 08:47 AM.