View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 11 of 107 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Why are some xfans so thirsty? “Omg x and Y interacted! They must be in a relationship now.”

Same with randomly picking background characters or people who appeared for an arc and stanning them for life.

This issue was just ok, dialogue was heavy handed and I thought much of the humor fell flat. The only character that sounds right is Magneto.
    That is x-men twitter in two setences; LOL very annoying

I was a bit disappointed by this. The dialogue felt off, though I don't know if that's just due to how Hickman is writing it or is there a deeper purpose behind it. The art wasn't great, Leinil yu to me works best on the darker, grittier books. The highlight of the issue was Serafina. Has me wondering if this is connected to why the New Mutants have to go get Cannonball to meet his ex.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Magneto does have a little personal animosity towards russians. they were behind Anya's death.

P.S. i love Yu's art. i hope that he sticks around.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Rachel is not Scott's biological daughter according to UXM Annual #14.
    I just went to check it out and I can't find anything to suggest that. In fact, Sinister's family trees take her into account as part of the Summers-Grey family.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Rachel being Wolverine and Jean daughter would be a massive retcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Stop. I am getting the issue at lunch but that idea just makes me have a lot of feelings, none of them good.

if this is the case, I would say massive is an understatement as they are rewriting her character and history with no relevant explanation.
    Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Rachel is not Scott's biological daughter according to UXM Annual #14.
    Correct.

CC's intention with breadcrumbs left behind. Hickman's just picking it back up and running with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    A character development that was only happening in your head it seems.

Complaining about Magneto's massive egos being OOC is just really funny.

What's next? Wolverine stabbing people is OOC?
    If Wolverine stopped stabbing people, yeah it would be OOC

Magneto had his ego more in control lately

Extraordinary Member

I just don't get why all of the Summers people have to live together like this. It just seems...odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Incorrect.

Correct.

CC's intention with breadcrumbs left behind, as any Phoenix II and/or CC fan knows. Hickman's just picking it back up and running with it.
    Well, we have this too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    A character development that was only happening in your head it seems.

Complaining about Magneto's massive egos being OOC is just really funny.

What's next? Wolverine stabbing people is OOC?
    Not OOC, but I can see how it contradicts a bit of development here and there. But then the guy's flip-flopped so many times I'm not surprised. (Magneto that is,)

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    If Wolverine stopped stabbing people, yeah it would be OOC

Magneto had his ego more in control lately
    Care to post some examples?
    He was as egotistical as ever in his solo, X-Men Blue and in Bunn's Uncanny X-Men.
    What book are you referencing specifically?

Mutants be all over the place with that god complex! Magneto has it, Apocalypse had it, Charles probably has it now, Franklin Richard's has it. It's such a recurring thing it's almost plausible why humans are so anti mutant. Now their stopping death, and forcing procreation on their subjects. This is all gonna end terribly I give Krakoa about a year and half before it gets Genosha'd!

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Incorrect.

Correct.

CC's intention with breadcrumbs left behind. Hickman's just picking it back up and running with it.
    His intention is Rachel being Scott and phoenix daughter.

people are reading things wrongly

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Mutants be all over the place with that god complex! Magneto has it, Apocalypse had it, Charles probably has it now, Franklin Richard's has it. It's such a recurring thing it's almost plausible why humans are so anti mutant. Now their stopping death, and forcing procreation on their subjects. This is all gonna end terribly I give Krakoa about a year and half before it gets Genosha'd!
    Franklin is so powerful that he could be considered a God. he build entire universes

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I just don't get why all of the Summers people have to live together like this. It just seems...odd.
    No one said they “have” to. What’s odd about family and friends wanting to live together?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    I was a bit disappointed by this. The dialogue felt off, though I don't know if that's just due to how Hickman is writing it or is there a deeper purpose behind it. The art wasn't great, Leinil yu to me works best on the darker, grittier books. The highlight of the issue was Serafina. Has me wondering if this is connected to why the New Mutants have to go get Cannonball to meet his ex.
    Personally, I think there's only so many times you can really give Hickman the benefit of the doubt as to whether or not he meant something deeper. At least on an issue-to-issue basis.

Personally I don't think he has a great grasp of the voices...seems kinda emotionless?

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    To me Storm's behaviour makes a lot more sense now. She is doing missions with Scott to recover mutant children from Orchis facilities. I would hate the people experimenting and torturing children too, the Orchis agents and scientists are unforgivably evil at this point. This is exactly the same as the O.N.E. capturing the New Mutants and turning them into hybrid machine Sentinels by using the techno-organic virus to control them and make them compliant Sentinel slaves.

How much evil are you supposed to take from human government agents before you start getting jaded on whether they have any redeeming qualities at all.
    Not to mention in this issue her very instant was to not only run to the aid of a human but one Lorna identified as post human. Not only that she was in a very vunerable position as she checked on her, no idea what the girl's programming could have been. So obvs Storm isn't dismissing all humans. It's like right in the issue. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/