View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 44 of 107 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
    BANNED

In favor of polyamory or not, "they are fictional characters" is not a valid argument for whether a thing makes sense. By that logic, anything should happen with any character because the characters' personalities and histories supposedly don't matter.

A more salient argument would be "all the tension over the years between Jean, Wolverine, and Cyclops was because they really wanted to have sex together, but each of them were too afraid to approach the others", though that's not in the comics either.

4 adults that consent in an open relationship that all care about each other.

I'm cool with it. Also they are fictional characters. And instead of doing it behind each others back they are all open and honest about it with communication.

Or that's how I am viewing it.

Even though Sinister made it seem like something else.

Human society has this view that monogamy is the best and right way to have a relationships.

But in this new status quo since they are trying to differentiate mutant culture. Maybe mutants don't have that strict rule and relationship constructs that human society does.

Doesn't mean every mutant is doing it. Just that maybe they're at the point now where they're like why not just give it a shot.
    Last edited by CGAR; 10-16-2019 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    You mean decades of characterization facts
    Yes that is how serialized/episodic fiction works. Hal Jordan, Bishop and Wally West could spend decades as hero and writer comes along makes them evil they are evil. Fans don't own the fiction, Marvel allows writers to use their characters and they have editors who are supposed push what they want the characters to be. It is why Iceman is gay, Kitty isn't official bi. If Hickman says Jean,Wolvie and Cyclops are in relationship and Marvel allows that becomes canon and in personality for the characters. Because well CHARACTERS ARE NOT REAL and writers give them personalities. You can argue about general past characterization off but if character from that point on is presented that way that is the character.

Good writers will present enough details for why the character changes or give you enough good stories that you don't care about the change. Bad writers don't and leave fans miserable.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-16-2019 at 11:24 PM.

Thats the best thing about stories. People can interpret them any way they want. Which Hickman stated he wants his readers to do. He alluded to something. And readers are taking it for whatever they want. If you don't like it thats fine.

My Notes

-If Hickman can make something useful from the Children of the Vault he deserves all the money he can get. I wonder what "they are wild gods lose in the world means"

-Good to see Celia Reyes and it might be just a Krakoa doctor uniform but I like the look anyways the more people not in the training suits the better . The concept of doctors is a little bit weird in this scenario with healing flowers and being able to be fully restored from death.

I guess Marvel bowed to might power of Polaris fan base and was forced to put in her a book for more than a couple of pages. On a more serious note, Polaris and Magneto are building a good relationship something I hope they don't abuse at the detriment of the character. Being at Magneto side is a role lets just hope it is not the only role. Interestingly, she duck away at the mention of spending time with Havok.

-Orchis at the moment is kinda boring as villains but at least they have potential tho. And at least they are building a solid cast with Omega Sentinel, Dr Gregor, Nimrod and the Director of Orchis.

-They are using Kid Cable exactly how I thought they would which is as a real teen kid for Cyclops and Jean. At some point they will bring back grizzled Cable but it makes sense to take advantage of him being young by building a family relationship we have never seen used before in the books.

- Wolverine living in Cyclops's house is weird, I don't know where this storyline is going. It feel like Hickman is trolling all of Cyclops,Jean, Wolverine and Emma Shippers.

-Vulcan is a bit nutty, Seem like they are going for a kid in grown body type thing. It feels like one of those androids learning to be human in movies

-I am not sure what he is going for with Rachel personality as yet it, It was supposed to be she was being standoffish I think

-Summer House (somebody thought that was clever) has couple empty rooms maybe mysterious new Summers brother and Hope. I like that they put extend settings to use the Blue area of the moon. I wonder what they are doing with Mars, Savage Land and Mansion

-Nimrod has a backstory now. I have always thought of Nimrod as bit stupid but I think they have put in enough back story to where I respect Nimrod place in X-men history more now.

Fantastic Member

I'm not loving the art. A step down from HoX IMO.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I think finally having a sense of hope and a feeling of security after a lifetime (or more, in Wolverine’s case) of being on the run and waiting for the next round of murderbots and religious fanatic kill squads to destroy your home again go a long way towards mending fences and putting little dramas into perspective. Krakoa is a new beginning for EVERYONE. WE. Know things aren’t as great as they seem. WE know there are serpents in the garden. But right now, the people we love and have followed most of our lives are seeing everything they’ve fought for comingvto pass. To them, it’s a brave new world and a perfect time to cast off human prejudices and just find ways for themselves to be happy.
    Well, this is definitely another way to view the setup that could make sense. Not sure about all of them, but it definitely seems plausible enough.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Prudery and holier-than-thou judgement of others based on Bronze Age morality is tiresome. It’s time to stop letting what some shepherds and nomads thousands of years back thought about how adults should act tell us how to live.
    Not sure what this has to do with the characters?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Well, this is definitely another way to view the setup that could make sense. Not sure about all of them, but it definitely seems plausible enough.

Not sure what this has to do with the characters?
    I will put this way all 3 of out for 4 have been dead "they could easily go life is too short not to be with ones you love". Yeah it is out of character for Wolverine and Cyclops but it just needs to be in character for Jean. If Jeans says she wants both of them or doesn't want to have to choose. She has the ultimate power to also go if the two of don't agree I will be fine by myself. Given the choice between none or sharing they would pick sharing. Emma is similar position with Cyclops, She knows he isn't leaving Jean so she can pick to share or have no Cyclops at all.

I don't think they will be official agreement thing, I think everybody is kinda just looking the other way thing. I don't care that much about it I do see certain the humor in it because it effectively kills the shipping wars on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I will put this way all 3 of out for 4 have been dead "they could easily go life is too short not to be with ones you love". Yeah it is out of character for Wolverine and Cyclops but it just needs to be in character for Jean. If Jeans says she wants both of them or doesn't want to have to choose. She has the ultimate power to also go if the two of don't agree I will be fine by myself. Given the choice between none or sharing they would pick sharing. Emma is similar position with Cyclops, She knows he isn't leaving Jean so she can pick to share or have no Cyclops at all.

I don't think they will be official agreement thing, I think everybody is kinda just looking the other way thing. I don't care that much about it I do see certain the humor in it because it effectively kills the shipping wars on the forums.
    Man, I couldn’t agree more!

Fantastic Member

My Notes

-I am not sure what he is going for with Rachel personality as yet it, It was supposed to be she was being standoffish I think
    Maybe she misses Kitty?

Watch how it's gonna turn out that Logan was just their assigned body guard all along and that he has to watch them sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Maybe she misses Kitty?
    I have no clue what the point of Rachel being in the book other than make a joke about spikes. I couldn't figure out if she was supposed to be annoyed or bored with the Cat girl.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I don't care that much about it I do see certain the humor in it because it effectively kills the shipping wars on the forums.
    It's always better to laugh. Either way, good point.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Watch how it's gonna turn out that Logan was just their assigned body guard all along and that he has to watch them sleep.
    That would be hysterical.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    One thing i didn't notice on my first read that i did on my second. The girl in the tube is directly referencing Magneto's line in House of X where he says "You have new gods now..." To which Cyclops said "that was quicker than i thought." and Magneto smiled saying "once he asserted his dominance, etc." Not sure if it was mentioned but that was a nice nod and piece of strategy. Now magneto knows for a fact one of those diplomats is working with Orchis.
    The ‘quicker’ line and the response was related to dealing with the ape guards. As there was evidence of time travel and or ‘atemporal development’ so at least information travelling in time, it doesn’t prove one of the diplomats is involved.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by bkart1978 View Post
    I can’t think of a bigger catalyst for characters to change - even in unexpected ways - than newfound immortality (or, if not eternal life, at least the likelihood of living a full one thanks to the occasional resurrection). I sure as heck would have slept around a hell of a lot more in my single days if I knew I didn’t have to worry about diseases (e.g. if I could just have Goldballs whip me up a new body if things went awry). We can’t definitively say what these characters we know would or would not do - we can guess based on past experience, but who knows how any of us would act in such a radically different world? Fear of death motivates plenty of my decisions on a daily basis. Without that? A lot of the old hang ups wouldn’t mean much anymore.
    I agree with this. A big thing such as immortality/resurrection would probably impact anyone in a big way. I would probably change my worldviews a lot about different things, including relationships and sex probably.