View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 78 of 107 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1591

Gold and Blue will stand the test of time! I don’t think this will!

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Where was this mentality from IVX to Extraordinary to Gold/Blue to Red to Rosenberg's Uncanny to AOX? Because a lot of posters who are loving HOX/POX and praising Hickman were among the most vocal critics of those books, and had no issue with posting their dislike. You can't expect to have a 100% lovefest for Hickman's X-men and no criticism from readers. Yes plenty of people do like it, but not everyone.
    The franchise felt like it was sputtering. It had nothing interesting to say, and fan enjoyment was at an all-time low. What I remember most from last year was another lime twist rendition of Apocalypse and the Four Horsemen, except with Nate Grey, Cable getting patched out by his crappy junior version, and Jean Grey vs Cassie Nova somehow being boring. Also all the red X-uniforms were ugly. And how come everyone on this board cheered when that kid with the sentinel died in Avengers Arena, but no one said boo about Trinary driving one around?
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    And how come everyone on this board cheered when that kid with the sentinel died in Avengers Arena, but no one said boo about Trinary driving one around?
    Cause Trinary wasn't spooning and spoon feeding the Sentinel
    +
    The cheering was moreso for the Sentinel dying...
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I don't particularly like this event, but it is way better than Gold could ever hope to be. Gold is the gold standard of how bad things can get.

The franchise felt like it was sputtering. It had nothing interesting to say, and fan enjoyment was at an all-time low. What I remember most from last year was another lime twist rendition of Apocalypse and the Four Horsemen, except with Nate Grey, Cable getting patched out by his crappy junior version, and Jean Grey vs Cassie Nova somehow being boring. Also all the red X-uniforms were ugly. And how come everyone on this board cheered when that kid with the sentinel died in Avengers Arena, but no one said boo about Trinary driving one around?
    I call BS on this. NOBODY cheering for anything in Avengers Arena. That entire event was a travesty from start to finish. Bad time to start collecting comics again, let me tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

I call BS on this. NOBODY cheering for anything in Avengers Arena. That entire event was a travesty from start to finish. Bad time to start collecting comics again, let me tell you.
    False.... Apex was That. Bitch
    GrindrStone(D)

Apex best girl. Tim's aight. Bring back Weird Alcade. It's super wack that Dennis Godless never got to write Finesse or Striker.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Hows Egypt? Did you enjoy the Nile?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Apex best girl. Tim's aight. Bring back Weird Alcade. It's super wack that Dennis Godless never got to write Finesse or Striker.
    The only Apex that matters lives in Tabula Rasa and NEEDS to be brought back right this instant.

BANNED

Will they? Then why have I already forgotten them?

Mighty Member

[QUOTE=PsychoEFrost;4639103]I don't particularly like this event, but it is way better than Gold could ever hope to be. Gold is the gold standard of how bad things can get.

Well the way Marauders is hyping Kitty and Emma at the expense of everyone else it just may be as bad as Gold.

[QUOTE=The tall man;4639135]
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I don't particularly like this event, but it is way better than Gold could ever hope to be. Gold is the gold standard of how bad things can get.

Well the way Marauders is hyping Kitty and Emma at the expense of everyone else it just may be as bad as Gold.
    So far there have been solid showings for Kitty, Emma, and Bobby and a strong character involvement moment for Storm.

Where was this mentality from IVX to Extraordinary to Gold/Blue to Red to Rosenberg's Uncanny to AOX? Because a lot of posters who are loving HOX/POX and praising Hickman were among the most vocal critics of those books, and had no issue with posting their dislike. You can't expect to have a 100% lovefest for Hickman's X-men and no criticism from readers. Yes plenty of people do like it, but not everyone.
    I didn’t like people &@$”ing on the joy of those who enjoyed those runs, either. Though finding people who ‘enjoyed’ those runs is...hard...because it is pretty universally agreed that the toxic death clouds that entire cities celebrated the coming of and the three or four genocide plots in a row were a mistake, spinning wheels, and/or proof Marvel had no idea what to do with the X-Men. They were criticisms of writers and editors, not criticisms of other fans excited at a new direction involving winning for once, however morally/ethically murky, or excited to see some representation of a ‘controversial’ minority into the plotline and being presented in a positive way instead of the standard condemnatory fashion.

That said, unlike with the Hickman run, which CLEARLY plenty of people enjoy, praise for those runs was exceedingly rare. In this case, it’s like someone loudly claiming to anyone who will listen that they don’t know what a Harry Potter is while attending a Hogwarts meet and greet. It’s deliberate joy-$&:!@ing, not legitimate criticism, in most cases, and it’s not cool.

Criticism is one thing. Whining about character arcs that you (using ‘you’ in the general sense, not singling you out specifically!) personally don’t like your favorite character involved in because you think polyamory/homosexuality/interracial marriage/non-white heroes/what have you is gross/wrong/perverted/forced/inappropriate is VERY different from “Do we HAVE to sit through another story about humanity being genocidal hate monsters? Can’t we get SOMETHING new?”

One is expressing a personal prejudice that punches down at other fans who might like seeing themselves represented. The other is criticizing the quality of the writing and plotting. That is the difference...
    Last edited by zinderel; 10-19-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Preach!
    There was negative comments about every one of these books, some even unfair
    This is a space of discussion, positive and negative. I want to understand why hickman can't be criticized.

He created most of the major villains used for Endgame and Infinity war. It was under his pen that Thanos went from being strong and dangerous to someone who could solo an entire Avengers team that included Hulk, Thor, and Captain Marvel. All at once. Hickman did some gnarly stuff for the brand. You want what he's bringing to the X-men, because what he's doing is what's going to end up on the screen. I love Grant Morrison, but he's like Alan Moore: You can't adapt his work, AT ALL. Too much weirdness, too much headspace. Hickman brings in a lot of crazy **** too, but there's a level of organization and control that the Scotsman can't match.
    Thanos Solo'd the avengers many times before Hickman. I don't even remember avengers fighting thanos on his run.
    having OCs on adaptations doesn't mean a lot.
    I don't think what he is doing going to end on the screen, I'm pretty sure it won't end so soon
    Both Morrison and Hickman tried a career writing for TV shows and it didn't worked out. Now seems like Morrison is involved on one, but it is years after writing reject scripts for tv and movies
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-19-2019 at 04:04 PM.

BANNED

Well, we have a poster who refuses to acknowledge this is the new ongoing status quo in 616 under a multi-year plan and not a temporary AU. And we have you. So I don't think the problem you're having is that criticism is forbidden, because it's not; your problem is that not enough people are agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Preach!
    There was negative comments about every one of these books, some even unfair
    This is a space of discussion, positive and negative. I want to understand why hickman can't be criticized.

Thanos Solo'd the avengers many times before Hickman. I don't even remember avengers fighting thanos on his run.
    having OCs on adaptations doesn't mean a lot.
    I don't think what he is doing going to end on the screen, I'm pretty sure it won't end so soon
    Both Morrison and Hickman tried a career writing for TV shows and it didn't worked out. Now seems like Morrison is involved on one, but it is years after writing reject scripts for tv and movies
    No one is saying you can’t criticize Hickman. Just stop verbally punching down at minorities and calling it criticism. That’s all I’m saying. Stop categorizing POSSIBLE character decisions you personally have a moral disagreement with as ‘gross’ or ‘perverted’ or ‘not possible’ and I’ll be cool. Maybe even apologize for doing so so many times Already instead of making excuses. That’d be nice too, though it isn’t necessary.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Good grief. For the life of me, I can't figure the efff out why there's so much drama over a comic book in which Cyclops hung out with Storm/Polaris/Magneto and told his father to stop being a square, lol.