View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 13 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I guess I just can't see Scott and Logan agreeing to essentially share Jean like this. I mean, unless this involves threesomes, most people in these relationships work on a schedule, with certain partners pairing up on certain days.

Can we really buy that the three of them sat down to do this?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Well, we have this too.

Oh, I'm pretty sure Sinister is lying and never did any tests, because it would be out of character for him to not check that the people from the genetic line he's obsessed since the Victorian age actually belong there.

BANNED

Need to read this again but I very much enjoyed it:
    - bitchshfjfkdlsms they brought Serafina back Im so happy. Yu made a good compromise tweaking her design so it would still work. I didnt think anyone other then Bachalo could make her look good.
    - the character dynamics were at the heart of this issue and its been so long since we've had that. Of course it mostly focused on Scott but Im hoping theres a bit of turnout in future issues. Not to mention everyone got a little time in the spotlight. I didnt particularly care for a Summers family rzunion but this is the best way it could have been done.
    - Yeah Yu's art is a little static and confusing but the colorist made the effort to have Karima look BROWN so gj.
    - anyone still denying Scott/Jean/Logan are fucking is deluding themselves. If the connecting rooms disnt cement it, Cable calling Jean mom was the cherry on top.
    - issue was a lot of set up but it felt dynamic and exciting. There's something uplifting and joyous abt the Summers all living on the moon and giving a portal to their dad so he can visit and Magneto playing with kids. Cyke's heart to heart with Lorna felt a little out of place but I guess he wanted her to feel included since she wouldnt join the family dinner.

Pretty great overall. I expected more datapages tho and hoped for more Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Oh, I'm pretty sure Sinister is lying and never did any tests, because it would be out of character for him to not check that the people from the genetic line he's obsessed since the Victorian age actually belong there.
    He has all these characters DNA, of course he tested

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Need to read this again but I very much enjoyed it:
    - bitchshfjfkdlsms they brought Serafina back Im so happy. Yu made a good compromise tweaking her design so it would still work. I didnt think anyone other then Bachalo could make her look good.
    - the character dynamics were at the heart of this issue and its been so long since we've had that. Of course it mostly focused on Scott but Im hoping theres a bit of turnout in future issues. Not to mention everyone got a little time in the spotlight. I didnt particularly care for a Summers family rzunion but this is the best way it could have been done.
    - Yeah Yu's art is a little static and confusing but the colorist made the effort to have Karima look BROWN so gj.
    - anyone still denying Scott/Jean/Logan are fucking is deluding themselves. If the connecting rooms disnt cement it, Cable calling Jean mom was the cherry on top.
    - issue was a lot of set up but it felt dynamic and exciting. There's something uplifting and joyous abt the Summers all living on the moon and giving a portal to their dad so he can visit and Magneto playing with kids. Cyke's heart to heart with Lorna felt a little out of place but I guess he wanted her to feel included since she wouldnt join the family dinner.

Pretty great overall. I expected more datapages tho and hoped for more Rachel.
    Do you think Marvel/Disney gonna allow it? really? this is the max they gonna show
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-16-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    yes, because character development.

Magneto failed with Genosha
    LMAO

It was more like an example of why Matt Fraction's run was nonsensical/abysmal, actually.

What Cyclops/Xavier were doing was really not particularly more impressive than what Magneto did with Genosha.
    We're blaming Magneto for Cassandra Nova's Sentinels destroying Genosha now? Please try to make sense.

A good issue.
    I almost died laughing with Vulcan and Logan .

It left no strong impression but went well with establishing the new status quo and how this version of the X-men will work and who their enemies are following House of X.

I also find it funny how the writer understands fans and readers and knows how to push the buttons correctly. What I'm trying to say is that the fact that Jean's room was between Scott's and Logan's was a master's play just to see how the fans here reacted . To say that Logan is here to sell is not a lie but it is not the whole truth either .

The high number of characters in the story can be a problem but at the same time increases the range of options to explore.

I really hope this family will have their moments of happiness after so long.

And contrary to popular belief not everyone has accepted that Krakoa is a good thing Polaris still seems to have doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    LMAO

It was more like an example of why Matt Fraction's run was nonsensical/abysmal, actually.

What Cyclops/Xavier were doing was really not particularly more impressive than what Magneto did with Genosha.
    We're blaming Magneto for Cassandra Nova's Sentinels destroying Genosha now? Please try to make sense.
    No, but he wasn't there to help

Comics don't always elicit strong emotions from me, but this one certainly did. Mostly glee and laughter. A few Hickman tropes here, sinister females who talk in ominous black, ideas scattered like candy, political divisions being delineated, but I wasn't expecting to laugh this much.

My only negative is that I am not really a fan of Yu's scratchy style which always distracts me and never makes me feel at home. Which is a shame because his storytelling is always great and he has one of the best eyes when it comes to establishing the scene.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member

What are the chances Adam X is a Summers brother?

Wolverine just had to ruin the perfect Summers-Grey family. This is what we mean when we say Wolverine's shoehorned everywhere.

And the connecting rooms. Ugh. Couldn't keep it to fanfiction now, could they?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I guess I just can't see Scott and Logan agreeing to essentially share Jean like this.
    Its a good thing she's a person and not a bike then.

Do you think Marvel/Disney gonna allow it? really? this is the max they gonna show
    Thruples are really not that scandalous thing you make it to be. Marvel has done much more controversial moves in the past. And Disney probably dont care, its not like ppl buy comics anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    What are the chances Adam X is a Summers brother?
    Id rather a sister if they are to get another sibling

No, but he wasn't there to help
    LOL

If the Founding Father of a nation leaves temporarily (for any reason) and that nation suffers a horrible terror attack during his leave it's his fault.

Got it.
    Last edited by Supernature; 10-16-2019 at 09:21 AM.

LOL My favorite part (other than Serafina, of course) was Lorna rejecting Scott's invite to move to the moon with the Summers. "Yeah, I'm crazy but not THAT crazy".

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Wolverine just had to ruin the perfect Summers-Grey family. This is what we mean when we say Wolverine's shoehorned everywhere.

And the connecting rooms. Ugh. Couldn't keep it to fanfiction now, could they?
    I don't think we will see anything realy definitive on that. I'm pretty sure this will be open.

What work on fanfics doesn't work on stories

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    LOL

If the Founding Father of a nation leaves temporarily (for any reason) and that nation suffers a horrible terror during his leave it's his fault.

Got it.
    he sensed a attack and he ran away

or I'm wrong? but i remember someone telling me this