View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 41 of 107 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

You know, Hickman is making it abundantly clear that Orchis is a villain. Which makes me question even more how I feel about Karima. Is she long gone?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Truth. Seeing the captured mutant children did it for me. The "humans are rightfully afraid" no longer stands with me. Orchis is a monster and needs to be handled with appropriately.
    Yeah, it’s being understated just how much of a leap in ignorant rhetoric an in-universe, baseline human would have to go through to get from “afraid of something super powerful” to “yeah i support kidnapping mutant children and experimenting on them teehee

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I don’t even like Wolverine, but I want the poly thing to be true for two reasons:

1) It’ll make certain people’s heads explode.
    2) It might help people understand the concept better and stop demonizing poly folks.

I have some very close friends who have been in a poly relationship for years, and it’s fine, they talk, they laugh, they go on dates, they watch TV, they are just...people. Not ‘freaks’, not ‘weirdos’, not ‘perverts’, not ‘gross’ (all words I have seen posters on these boards use to describe poly people ever since that Sinister Secret came out.)
    The way people on this board have been talking about polyamory has been dehumanizing and just gross. I hope Marvel lets Hickman go all out with it since apparently fictional characters and metaphors help people understand ““tough”” concepts (eg racism) rather than real-life history and people existing. Plus, the fun head ‘splosions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The real answer? The same reason Jean Grey has a seat: a white-knuckled grip on the deepest bits of nostalgia that would really signify change were it to slip. I say put Jean, Logan and a couple of affiliated others in a house on Mars.
    Jean and Scott have a family together. Logan is the only glare in the family photo.

It doesn't mean anything in the same way which wing of the mansion Jean slept in the night of X-Men #1 by Lee and Kirby didn't mean anything. The graph in this issue is just a fun sight-gag.
    But these are two completely, different contexts. A wing of a mansion is different than sharing a small, intimate space next to two people who love you with not even a door separating you. Also, again, HOX6....

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The way people on this board have been talking about polyamory has been dehumanizing and just gross.

Yep.

It's been pretty disheartening to read, actually.
    I would think, as X-Fans, we'd be better at being accepting.

But after reading an entire thread about how Idris Elba can't play Magneto in the MCU, I can't say I'm surprised anymore.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

The way people on this board have been talking about polyamory has been dehumanizing and just gross.
    I'm sorry Tycon
    It really wasn't my intention to offend you or say polyamory is something bad. It is a totaly valid way of love (just not mine)
    Sorry again

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Regarding the rooms deal, I'm a Jean/Scott fan (which counts for nothing that ship is dead) and I don't exactly have a problem with Jean and Logan (not a fan but don't hate if it happens) but It does bother me if everybody is sleeping with everybody. Makes everything feels so cheap to be honest not a fan, I know Cyclops will probably do the same with Emma but I just don't like to do many people at the same time. Not bad just not my version of romance.
    If it were three connecting rooms shared by Jottemma instead...But I get the deal about how the emerging Krakoan society seems to encourage everybody sleeping with everybody. Make more mutants, indeed.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    What happens when Logan starts going to Scott’s room more than Jean’s? The drama of it all.
    I'd very much like for this to happen. 🙏

BANNED

Jean and Scott have a family together.
    Do they though? Jean's biological connections are all dead. Rachel is an adult that doesn't get the multiverse. Scott chose Emma. She does kind of have Cable, but even he is her clone's child. None of these people she has ever interacted with for any significant length of time besides Cable, up until he was 12. Vulcan and the Star-Jammers are hardly connected to her at all. It's all very one-sided. They needed to give Jean somebody in that house to bounce off of. Storm, Logan, somebody.

But these are two completely, different contexts. A wing of a mansion is different than sharing a small, intimate space next to two people who love you with not even a door separating you. Also, again, HOX6....
    What I mean is that the rooms exist literally as just that infographic, which is there simply as a nod to the way a lot of our minds work. It's an in-joke, but it doesn't mean anything for the character relationships.

Re House of X #6: people are adding things that weren't there. You must imagine my surprise to discover that the vaunted smile between Jean and Emma in the issue didn't actually happen. The room graphic is a nod to our interests in the characters' sexualities, but the beers were just about the X-Men not seeing any beef between each other as they celebrated Krakoa.

I could be totally off, but I wouldn't hold my breath for any post-coital poly bed scenes or shared toothbrushes or anything like that.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    You know, Hickman is making it abundantly clear that Orchis is a villain. Which makes me question even more how I feel about Karima. Is she long gone?
    pretty sure the omega process page back in HoX implies she was in her "dormancy" period and was always going to end up wanting to kill mutants

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post

Yep.

It's been pretty disheartening to read, actually.
    I would think, as X-Fans, we'd be better at being accepting.

But after reading an entire thread about how Idris Elba can't play Magneto in the MCU, I can't say I'm surprised anymore.
    Well what about people calling the people againste it prudes and puritans?

Also dont use my faves for some OOCz PSA. Also there is already poliamor on comics

Fantastic Member

Really loved this issue, was cool seeing the summers clan having dinner and the banter with logan and gabriel.Great seeing Polaris get some shine, hope it keeps up,also enjoyed her talk with cyke. Think the whole poly thing is a bit too early to be freaking out about or making assumptions about, after all everyone in this relationship are pretty much single and Jean has had feelings for Scott and logan. And with how everything has gone over the years I can see him being open to trying it out on a tryout basis,(I remember him being accepting of her feelings for logan back in the day,because he knew where her heart was.) I mean they all look happy. I still think it has more to do with the missions starting in the summers house anyway, maybe logan just wants to be in the ready at all times?

Anyway here's to more Awesomeness!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    To me it just feels like everybody is cjheating again but is okay this time. That Scott and Logan aren't enough for Jean or that Jean and Emma aren't enough for Scott.
    Some people are into it and that is okay but to me it does nothing, it feels empty and dumb because they are all going to break up anyway and these characters are just coming from the same thing under Morrison.
    Boring and redundant.
    How can they be cheating on each other if they're all in a relationship with each other? That's not how cheating works. It requires, you know, some sort of betrayal of trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Do they though? Jean's biological connections are all dead. Rachel is an adult that doesn't get the multiverse. Scott chose Emma. She does kind of have Cable, but even he is her clone's child. None of these people she has ever interacted with for any significant length of time besides Cable, up until he was 12. Vulcan and the Star-Jammers are hardly connected to her at all. It's all very one-sided. They needed to give Jean somebody in that house to bounce off of. Storm, Logan, somebody.
    Yes they do

Biological connection isn't necessary for family.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Well what about people calling the people againste it prudes and puritans?

Also dont use my faves for some OOCz PSA. Also there is already poliamor on comics
    “What about the people who call homophobes homophobes? Aren’t they just heterophobes?!”
    “Well, _I_ think that the real bigots are the ones who call other people bigoted.”

That is what you sound like right there, just so you know. And, to more directly answer your question, what about it? If you loudly complain and insult and demonize adults for their consensual relationships just because you don’t get it or ‘approve’ (as if any adult should care what anyone not directly involved in their relationship approves of...) then you ARE a prude. If you don’t like it, don’t watch. You don’t get to tell anyone else what THEY can do or like, though.
    Last edited by zinderel; 10-16-2019 at 09:33 PM.

The way people on this board have been talking about polyamory has been dehumanizing and just gross. I hope Marvel lets Hickman go all out with it since apparently fictional characters and metaphors help people understand ““tough”” concepts (eg racism) rather than real-life history and people existing. Plus, the fun head ‘splosions.
    Sadly, it often does take seeing a thing represented by fictional characters to help some people recognize the inherent humanity in the real life people they demonize freely.