View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 8 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    It was not cute. It was most OOC of the issue.
    He literally messed the timeline because he had a tantrum because his father died unworthily.

I think it goes quite in line with Kid Cable.

Amazing Member

The children of the vault are post human after all, a lot of foreshadow in this issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I love Yu’s Raza.

Ok, I was waiting for someone to mention Raza and I have to ask... what happened to his ponytail and pirate stache?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Everything just came off stiff and robotic. Maybe it's Hickman's writing or Leinul Yu's art. But something was off. Just can't put my finger on just what yet.
    Yu feels rushed and sometimes empty

It is good to see jean being a mother, so the 3 stars feel justified

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I guess we should prepare for people defending the poor, poor human at ORCHIS for experimenting on children. They have no choice, right?
    No, no; they can **** off of a short pier, nobody's gonna argue on that one.

I just hope Storm was only talking in regards to these particular humans and the humans like them, not all of humanity, such as old friends and those she does/has loved. (I still can't tell to be honest and I hate that I can't. Linguistically there's too much grey area in how she refers to 'they', 'them' and 'man.')
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 10-16-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Aren't the Inhumans still based on the moon?? That would make for some awkward confrontations...

I just don't understand how their all so okay with kid Cable when he straight up murdered the older version. The one they knew for years... I'm just saying at some point you gotta draw a line all this Barney **** can only last for so long.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    But how are the Children a "non-couple couple" who friends would have any expectations of?
    Remember Luz (Children of the Vault) and Indra?

I know it's a long-shot, but knowing Jonathan loves what Mike Carey did during his Legacy period and now with one of the CotV members appearing, I still believe I might be on to something.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Very good issue. 12 helicopters out of 7 peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

Specific things I liked:
    • Serafina/Children of the Vault up in here.
    • Cable's room being matched with Cyclops' and Jean's rooms, and Rachel's room being matched with Wolverine's and Jean's rooms. Hickman is implying parentage with his floorplan.
    • Rachel's last name being concealed, because it isn't Summers or Grey.
    • Magneto's dialog with the mutant children.
    • Polaris calling out Cyclops' (formerly?) disingenuous bit about having a baby son.
    • The possibility that Hepzibah is hitting on Rachel, which further points to Rachel not being a Summers. (If she is not hitting on Rachel, then Yu made very odd choices making them move closer, and making the camera move in on them tighter, with each panel, followed by "let me get you another drink.")
    • Storm, Cyclops, Magneto, and Polaris working together as a team.
    • The Rockwellian mutant home.
    • Vulcan having a dramatic personality that jibes with his dramatic history, but makes him less of a bratty psychopath.
    • Corsair being a believable good dad, with his sons being believable good sons.

What I didn't like: Yu's art in general. Makes better sense for something that's more gritty, like an old-era Wolverine or X-Force book. (Maybe something new coming down the pipe, but at least nothing in wave one.) The Krakoa shots were unclear and uninspiring next to all the colorful, clear detail we've been experiencing with it so far. The style itself is too unclear for certain shots, like Polaris trapping all of those Orchis goons in metal. There's a lot of ambiguity regarding whether she killed them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Agreed. Lorna's close friendships among the original X-Men pretty much died in the Silver Age. Rebuilding them would be great.

As for the idea of turning Lorna into the Summers brother girlfriend for the brothers to fight over? They did that in the Ultimate Universe having her date both and it rendered Lorna into not a character, but a pretty trophy for two men to lock horns over.

The scene between Scott and Lorna was well done, but I did feel the Lorna and Magneto scenes was quite strong as they were working together very well though nominally under Scott's leadership something they forgot at times.
    Jean like Lorna need to get away from Summer brothers.

I think it is clear that Lorna and Scott talk is about following their fathers steps and what they believe

Quote Originally Posted by stwaz View Post
    Aren't the Inhumans still based on the moon?? That would make for some awkward confrontations...
    They are in the Grey Area, which is on the other side of the Moon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Ok, I was waiting for someone to mention Raza and I have to ask... what happened to his ponytail and pirate stache?
    I don’t know but I like bald Raza, though he looks a bit too much like Deathlok.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    No, no; they can **** off a short pier, nobody's gonna argue on that one.

I just hope Storm was only talking in regards to these particular humans and the humans like them, not all of humanity, such as old friends and those she does/has loved. (I still can't tell to be honest and I hate that I can't. Linguistically there's too much grey area in how she refers to 'they', 'them' and 'man.'
    I think it's like when women say things like "ugh, men are trash". Most of the time they don't actually hate all men and think they're all trash. It's like an emotional generalization that has some truth to it but it's not to be taken too literally.

Them last panels! Oof.
    Overall, chill issue. 8/10

Didn’t enjoy the Summer BBQ hangout.