View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 67 of 107 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1591

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I think Havok83 brought it up, but I think it depends on how much of Karima is left, if anything.
    Not I. I say throw her away. With over 16 million mutants they have to worry about bringing back and creating a safe country for, I think diverting any efforts into inviting a sentinel onto the island and hoping they can permanently fix her is a lost cause and just asking for trouble
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-17-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    I honestly believe Karima is beyond saving but if the X-Men were to attempt to save her. Rogue needs to be amongst them because I personally believe Rogue has the best chance of reaching her. Well Rogue and Monet but after what happened last time Monet would most likely be very reluctant to aid Karima
    Again, thematically there may be hope for her, just as there will eventually be hope for the fate of humans. How either of these will manifest is not clear yet.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not I. I say throw her away. With over 16 million mutants they have to worry about bringing back and creating a safe country for, I think diverting any efforts into inviting a sentinel onto the island and hoping they can permanently fix her is a lost cause and just asking for trouble
    Ah, my mistake. I was mainly hinting towards the idea that it might be best to put her out of her misery. As for inviting her to Krakoa, yeah that's a terrible idea. Either way, I can only wonder what the X-men will decide.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but during the last issues of Hunt for Xavier, the story where cerebro goes rogue do they not defeat it by kind of overloading it when it attempts to catalogue humans? I believe cerebro even mentions their souls..? I scrolled through it the other day (I have the actual issues somewhere in my collection).

It makes you wonder if Cerebro could back up humans ?
    I was literally researching that story before I saw your post. Theres a lot of elements in there that nicely tie into what Hickmans been doing, I wonder if that was on purpose.

All-New Member

Don't know if this was mentioned, but the scientist at the end holding the pink crystal saying she can resurrect he husband...well that pink crystal looks very Nimrodesque.

Quote Originally Posted by MutantHipster View Post
    Don't know if this was mentioned, but the scientist at the end holding the pink crystal saying she can resurrect he husband...well that pink crystal looks very Nimrodesque.
    Reminded me of the Inheritors’ style but I doubt Hickman is touching anything from the Spider Office so it probably is Nimrod.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Did you actually watch "Sense8" because it was a hell of a lot more than that, had some very innovative narrative structures, detailed plotting, and explored multiple themes and concepts. The ability for people to experience the physical expressions of love of multiple people, including their own, at once was an extension of the growth of increased understanding and empathy that was the main theme of the series.

ETA: I could see Hickman doing something similar with the telepaths involved. If Jean connects all 3 (or four) of them to where individually and collectively they experience the love, lust, play, etc. of everyone, even the areas of uncomfortability and the corrections to mitigate that... it could be a very interesting exploration of these themes.
    NO ONE watched Sense8, that's why they canceled it! It's in the abyss binging on Firefly and Dollhouse, while waiting for girl boss to come over with her 'the get down' dvd collection.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    NO ONE watched Sense8, that's why they canceled it! It's in the abyss binging on Firefly and Dollhouse, while waiting for girl boss to come over with her 'the get down' dvd collection.
    I LOVED Dollhouse. I need to go find it on a streaming platform now

Tv show really to be not watched to be cancelled on netflix before the third season.

Dollhouse have some elements of Hickman's x-men: back up of memory can be implanted on someone else.

You guys why cant depowered mutants be repowered if they have Elixir and Proteus in the Five?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    You guys why cant depowered mutants be repowered if they have Elixir and Proteus in the Five?
    Unless they've retconned this bit – M-Day also removed the X-gene of DNA samples from the depowered mutants.

NOOOOOOOOOO....I am not pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Unless they've retconned this bit – M-Day also removed the X-gene of DNA samples from the depowered mutants.
    Unless you use Transmode virus/Phoenix Force/Mothervine/Terrigen crystals/M'kraan Crystal/Celestial Technology/Strikeforce Morituri to put it back

No one watched Sense8, that’s why they got

*checks notes*

Two season and a movie. Checks out.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Unless you use Transmode virus/Phoenix Force/Mothervine/Terrigen crystals/M'kraan Crystal/Celestial Technology/Strikeforce Morituri to put it back
    This makes me wonder why Xavier put the M-Day thing on the back burner for Genosha when the former can probably be done and over with so much quicker. Plus, isn’t Krakoa technically infected with the Transmode Virus? I feel like there’s a lot of easy work to be done to give depowered mutants their groove back.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    The sheer scale and scope and brutality of all these events is why people are boggled that there is ANYONE who doesn’t understand why mutants don’t trust humanity. Trust individuals? Fine, on a case-by-case basis. Trust them as a whole? Nah. Not after so much carnage and terror at the hands of human hatred and fear...

It’s like people not understanding why most people of color don’t trust cops...
    Yeah, humanity as a whole didn’t do anything after Genosha or Stryker or Terrigen Mists. Not that it dismisses human allies of mutants, just that the system that’s constantly screwing mutants over while humans get away with genocide isn’t gonna go away on its own. And it was a system created by....guess who.....humans, so the onus falls on them to get their **** together.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Proteus will fix this !