View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 9 of 107 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Very good issue. 12 helicopters out of 7 peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

Specific things I liked:
    • Serafina/Children of the Vault up in here.
    • Cable's room being matched with Cyclops' and Jean's rooms, and Rachel's room being matched with Wolverine's and Jean's rooms. Hickman is implying parentage with his floorplan.
    • Rachel's last name being concealed, because it isn't Summers or Grey.
    • Magneto's dialog with the mutant children.
    • Polaris calling out Cyclops' (formerly?) disingenuous bit about having a baby son.
    • The possibility that Hepzibah is hitting on Rachel, which further points to Rachel not being a Summers. (If she is not hitting on Rachel, then Yu made very odd choices making them move closer, and making the camera move in on them tighter, with each panel, followed by "let me get you another drink.")
    • Storm, Cyclops, Magneto, and Polaris working together as a team.
    • The Rockwellian mutant home.
    • Vulcan having a dramatic personality that jibes with his dramatic history, but makes him less of a bratty psychopath.
    • Corsair being a believable good dad, with his sons being believable good sons.

What I didn't like: Yu's art in general. Makes better sense for something that's more gritty, like an old-era Wolverine or X-Force book. (Maybe something new coming down the pipe, but at least nothing in wave one.) The Krakoa shots were unclear and uninspiring next to all the colorful, clear detail we've been experiencing with it so far. The style itself is too unclear for certain shots, like Polaris trapping all of those Orchis goons in metal. There's a lot of ambiguity regarding whether she killed them or not.
    Wait Rachel’s last name not appearing???

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it's like when women say things like "ugh, men are trash". Most of the time they don't actually hate all men and think they're all trash. It's like an emotional generalization that has some truth to it but it's not to be taken too literally.
    I think I get that? (I know I've done it myself,) but it's always harder to discern for me when I read it as opposed to when it's spoken, if that makes sense? Like, I can't quite gauge the tone she's going for...especially when you've got Magneto touting himself as a god still, but then Scott's just seems fine with his dad...?

I think I'm gonna have to see these guys interact with neutral strangers, to be honest, so I can get a better idea of what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    No, no; they can **** off of a short pier, nobody's gonna argue on that one.

I just hope Storm was only talking in regards to these particular humans and the humans like them, not all of humanity, such as old friends and those she does/has loved. (I still can't tell to be honest and I hate that I can't. Linguistically there's too much grey area in how she refers to 'they', 'them' and 'man.')
    To me Storm's behaviour makes a lot more sense now. She is doing missions with Scott to recover mutant children from Orchis facilities. I would hate the people experimenting and torturing children too, the Orchis agents and scientists are unforgivably evil at this point. This is exactly the same as the O.N.E. capturing the New Mutants and turning them into hybrid machine Sentinels by using the techno-organic virus to control them and make them compliant Sentinel slaves.

How much evil are you supposed to take from human government agents before you start getting jaded on whether they have any redeeming qualities at all.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

I think I get that? (I know I've done it myself,) but it's always harder to discern for me when I read it as opposed to when it's spoken, if that makes sense? Like, I can't quite gauge the tone she's going for...especially when you've got Magneto touting himself as a god still, but then Scott's just seems fine with his dad...?

I think I'm gonna have to see these guys interact with neutral strangers, to be honest, so I can get a better idea of what's up.
    magento is really drinking the kool-aid. H ereally think of himself as a god and scott and Polaris think it is fine;
    Something is very wrong

Specific things I liked:
    • Serafina/Children of the Vault up in here.
    • Cable's room being matched with Cyclops' and Jean's rooms, and Rachel's room being matched with Wolverine's and Jean's rooms. Hickman is implying parentage with his floorplan.
    • Rachel's last name being concealed, because it isn't Summers or Grey.
    • Magneto's dialog with the mutant children.
    • Polaris calling out Cyclops' (formerly?) disingenuous bit about having a baby son.
    • The possibility that Hepzibah is hitting on Rachel, which further points to Rachel not being a Summers. (If she is not hitting on Rachel, then Yu made very odd choices making them move closer, and making the camera move in on them tighter, with each panel, followed by "let me get you another drink.")
    • Storm, Cyclops, Magneto, and Polaris working together as a team.
    • The Rockwellian mutant home.
    • Vulcan having a dramatic personality that jibes with his dramatic history, but makes him less of a bratty psychopath.
    • Corsair being a believable good dad, with his sons being believable good sons.

What I didn't like: Yu's art in general. Makes better sense for something that's more gritty, like an old-era Wolverine or X-Force book. (Maybe something new coming down the pipe, but at least nothing in wave one.) The Krakoa shots were unclear and uninspiring next to all the colorful, clear detail we've been experiencing with it so far. The style itself is too unclear for certain shots, like Polaris trapping all of those Orchis goons in metal. There's a lot of ambiguity regarding whether she killed them or not.
    Rachel being Wolverine and Jean daughter would be a massive retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean like Lorna need to get away from Summer brothers.

I think it is clear that Lorna and Scott talk is about following their fathers steps and what they believe
    I liked the scene and also believed it was about their fathers and their destiny as the next generation of mutant leadership and heirs to the legacy of the two of the founders. The idea of Lorna having a close friendship with him works in that context. As for the idea of Lorna in a romantic triangle with either or both Summers... my vote is a strong no as well.

magento is really drinking the kool-aid. H ereally think of himself as a god and scott and Polaris think it is fine;
    Something is very wrong
    How many children have they rescued since the end of House of X?

Storm is exhausted because she has been running constant missions to save mutant children from humans. Some of those kids cheering Magneto were probably kids and teenagers he saved on previous missions.

I understand now why Storm joins the Marauders, she is leading the mission to recover mutant children from persecution all over the Earth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    To me Storm's behaviour makes a lot more sense now. She is doing missions with Scott to recover mutant children from Orchis facilities. I would hate the people experimenting and torturing children too, the Orchis agents and scientists are unforgivably evil at this point. This is exactly the same as the O.N.E. capturing the New Mutants and turning them into hybrid machine Sentinels by using the techno-organic virus to control them and make them compliant Sentinel slaves.

How much evil are you supposed to take from human government agents before you start getting jaded on whether they have any redeeming qualities at all.
    Well, yeah that's what I'm saying: The Orchis gang here and every government agency who thinks that this is even remotely acceptable? Those arseholes can **** right the way off for what they're doing to those children. For everything they stand for. Them and all the like of 'em. She can blast 'em to dust as far as I'm concerned!

I'm saying that I can't tell if Storm's tone is going to translate over to past friends and other, neutral humans? Like on this mission? Yeah she's justified in her actions; I just can't 100% tell where she stands on the broader whole, if you get what I mean?

BANNED

Something is very wrong.
    Magneto’s had a god complex since his debut sixty years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Wait Rachel’s last name not appearing???
    Plus Hepzibah and Corsair are kind of married I think, so it would be more Hepzibah trying to be a good "grandmother" and engage with the anti-social Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Lately he had left it. Now on House of X it is FULL back

Well, yeah that's what I'm saying: The Orchis gang here and every government agency who thinks that this is even remotely acceptable? Those arseholes can **** right the way off for what they're doing to those children. For everything they stand for. Them and all the like of 'em. She can blast 'em to dust as far as I'm concerned!

I'm saying that I can't tell if Storm's tone is going to translate over to past friends and other, neutral humans? Like on this mission? Yeah she's justified in her actions; I just can't 100% tell where she stands on the broader whole, if you get what I mean?
    We'll probably see in Marauders. I think she is just exhausted and jaded beyond words. It sounds like Storm has been running the most missions to recover mutant children, because even Scott was telling her that she should take some downtime because she looks tired.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Specific things I liked:[LIST][*]Serafina/Children of the Vault up in here.[*]Cable's room being matched with Cyclops' and Jean's rooms, and Rachel's room being matched with Wolverine's and Jean's rooms. Hickman is implying parentage with his floorplan.[*]Rachel's last name being concealed, because it isn't Summers or Grey.
    Stop. I am getting the issue at lunch but that idea just makes me have a lot of feelings, none of them good.

Rachel being Wolverine and Jean daughter would be a massive retcon.
    if this is the case, I would say massive is an understatement as they are rewriting her character and history with no relevant explanation.

To me; everyone seemed like they were flirting with each other. I like it!

Edited: Is Rachel even their daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Yes, the we are gods thing wouldn’t be at all new to either Lorna or Scott.

He isn’t on power manic kool aid right now, but in modern times his ego hasn’t been this swollen since maybe Genosha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    We'll probably see in Marauders. I think she is just exhausted and jaded beyond words. It sounds like Storm has been running the most missions to recover mutant children, because even Scott was telling her that she should take some downtime because she looks tired.
    I wish Yu's artwork would convey stuff like that a bit more clearly if I'm being honest? I'm having a lot of trouble reading some of those facial expressions...? (Still a hell of a lot of talent like, don't get me wrong!)