View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 53 of 107 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The problem is that you want to make it about real people and Marvel humans have been shown to be generally in favor of what's been done to mutants, from the sentinels to the vaccination and the concentration camps/prisons ran by ONE.
    They really haven’t. Occasionally we have had some poor editorial and writer decisions to show some kind of consensus but generally that has never been the situation outside of specific controversial eras.

The era immediately after Secret Wars which was never really addressed to anyone’s satisfaction has been all but forgotten.

A mutant cure has usually been presented as an option for scared individuals and sold to the public by unscrupulous and often corrupt politicians, not reasonable or normal people.

Over and over again the implication is that extremists can hold sway over the nations they have managed to sway to their will.

To paint everyone in the MU as a mutant hating bigot is to totally misrepresent the stories we have all been reading for years. Hickman isn’t doing that and neither should we.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's hard to justify this. so for krakoa every human is a enemy
    No, it is this science fiction world. Someone can put anti-mutant virus in "friendly" human without them knowing. Everybody is a threat that is the only way you stay 100% safe.No exceptions. Humans will never be a threat to Krakoa because humans will never be allowed on Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Like a lot of churches don't allow openly gay pastors or preachers. I think that's more wrong than Krakoa not allowing humans free access. I wonder if they see that the same. It's exclusion.
    These churches don't allow gays to step inside? To prey?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

X-Men : Void Sex needs to be a mini.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

First off, there hasn't been any proof in the comics that all humans aren't allowed on Krakoa. People are reaching that conclusion a bit prematurely.

That being said, and as much as I don't particularly enjoy agreeing with the not all humans crowd, banning all humans from Krakoa would be problematic. It would put human parents in the impossible situation of having to decide whether to maintain custody of their children or give them up to Krakoa in the belief it will be a more safe place for them to live. As for a specific example, there are the Guthries, one of the most supportive families in comics, who themselves have been the target of violence because of their familial relations. If they weren't allowed on Krakoa, that would be pretty shitty (although it would explain why Paige nopes out of Krakoa).

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    These churches don't allow gays to step inside? To prey?
    They don't let them lead the services because they do assume gay men "prey" on children. Where as it's been shown time and time again they are preyed on by the very leaders they are clamoring for. And there are places humans don't allow openly gay people, yes.

Also to get technical like you. Mutants don't allow humans to step inside Krakoa? That is false. All of krakoa is connected as said many times so humans have stepped inside Krakoa.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-17-2019 at 06:57 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Like a lot of churches don't allow openly gay pastors or preachers. I think that's more wrong than Krakoa not allowing humans free access. I wonder if they see that the same. It's exclusion.
    The church thing is a horrible example since religious establishments are just businesses now but...

so what? The people in charge of Krakoa can dictate who has access to it.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Also, why is Hope not there? Besides Pod People weirdness.

Don't say "Bad blood." cause I'm just gonna point to the genocidal tyrant making steaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Has Hope even met her father's murderer aka Kid Cable on panel so far?
    She's too important now that she has another set of "Lights" to work for her. She also has to be readily available for resurrections. Meanwhile unless it happened during the time jump she has not officially met or spoken with teen Cable or Rachel on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Also glad to see we got to see Corsair express some worry on what is going on with his kids, though I doubt he is aware they are pod people...then again i would love to see that reaction and what he may do about it.
    I think this has to do with 2 factors: 1) humans are not allowed on Krakoa, regardless of relationships, unless accompanied by a mutant (one that is under Krakoa's influence); 2) If he went he would certainly realize something is wrong and that would be the end of Corsair...again

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Would Xavier have Vulcan when he was off in space? What’s the range of Cerebro? We know it couldn’t reach the sun.
    Well there are a couple of ways to explain it. 1) Rachel was using a version of Cerebro that Xavier installed on the Shi'ar vessel they used to get into space. So her scanning for Gabriel might have picked up some of it; 2) Once Xavier entered the M'Kraan crystal and was repowered her got a scan that was held in the crystal. In the time jump he contacted the Shi'ar and got to collect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Do they though? Jean's biological connections are all dead. Rachel is an adult that doesn't get the multiverse. Scott chose Emma. She does kind of have Cable, but even he is her clone's child. None of these people she has ever interacted with for any significant length of time besides Cable, up until he was 12. Vulcan and the Star-Jammers are hardly connected to her at all. It's all very one-sided. They needed to give Jean somebody in that house to bounce off of. Storm, Logan, somebody.
    Yes, they are a family. Jean has accepted Rachel as her daughter, as has Scott on several occasions. Nate and Rachel are psi-bonded, and likely have gotten close after X-Force. The Starjammers all know Jean and have interacted with her on several occasions, same with Rachel. Vulcan is the odd one out as he was a super villain and he tortured and fought Alex and Rachel, as well as killed Corsair. So why NO ONE from the Starjammers or Alex/Rachel has brought that up is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I have no clue what the point of Rachel being in the book other than make a joke about spikes. I couldn't figure out if she was supposed to be annoyed or bored with the Cat girl.
    I feel like Hickman is likely having her be a little standoffish given what has happened to her over the past couple years. Also he probably doesn't know what to do with her and decided to make her the angsty daughter from a sitcom.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    We have a clear answer on this now, I was listening to Battle of the Atom and the excalibur artist said Brian braddock isn't allowed on Krakoa. We have seen that probably Corsair wasn't allowed in either. Shogo is probably allowed in only in a habitat as well. I don't know why some fans keep seeing this as some sort big deal that humans can't go on Krakoa. I think solution is the habitats the human family of mutants can stay in the habitats. From what we seen the the Habitats can be huge.
    Humans aren't allowed on Krakoa for a number of reasons, regardless of familial ties. You're right that the solution to this are the biomes or habitats that whomever lives there controls access. But I think part of the reason why humans aren't allowed in as they will learn what is really going on with the new mutant attitude and where the original bodies might be versus the pod peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Well, I don't doubt it was said but I'll need to see that in print before I buy it. That said, I also think there's the possibility of a difference between Krakoa admitting a powered non-mutant hero like Brian Braddock (or any human Avenger) and admitting the father of Cyclops, who has no going interests on Earth or as a superhero enforcer. We don't know Corsair was disallowed, we only know Scott's home is the moon. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Captain Britain was on the Avengers side during AvsX and is therefore an enemy of mutantkind. Nothing to do with race.
    I think you're confusing Logan and Brian as that's certainly not true. Brian was a voice of reason with Beast in that book as he was the only one to mention how Rachel was the longest running host and never had issues with the Phoenix. And after that space confrontation with the PF he was not involved with any of the fights with the X-Men. Also how is he an enemy to his sister, wife, and daughter but Wolverine isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    This is my suspicion. Braddock is not Corsair or Shogo. Captain Britain is an inactive Avenger and Avengers-affiliated superhuman.
    Again, you can't say that Brian is barred because he has been an Avenger but Wolverine (who actively fought the X-Men during AvX), Storm, Rogue, and Havok all get passes on their membership of being an Avenger. I think Brian and Corsair are both not allowed for the same reason: they are human. Also I think that Brian being closely involved with several members of the Krakoa community and Council (Meggan, his daughter, Betsy, Kurt, Rachel, Kitty, Piotr) puts him at odds as he might be suspicious of the new attitudes of these characters.

Also, why has no one brought up that his wife and kid are mutants in this discussion on him not being allowed. I think he and Shogo have similar interests/situations as their family unit are mutants but they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Sure, we Don't know 100% whether they went to the Mainland or not. Personally, I doubt they did. And chance are, they didn't go on the Mainland, since apparently according to some other poster, Magneto was stating a law to the UN ambassadors, not just empty words: Brian Braddock was barred from the Mainland because of his sapien status.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    How Krakoa can't allow the family of the mutants? it is just pure madness
    Agreed, but I think part of the reason is that the truth of what is going on behind the scenes might be problematic.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    First off, there hasn't been any proof in the comics that all humans aren't allowed on Krakoa. People are reaching that conclusion a bit prematurely.
    No. People are just taking a blanket statement Magneto made as the gospel.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

That being said, and as much as I don't particularly enjoy agreeing with the not all humans crowd, banning all humans from Krakoa would be problematic. It would put human parents in the impossible situation of having to decide whether to maintain custody of their children or give them up to Krakoa in the belief it will be a more safe place for them to live. As for a specific example, there are the Guthries, one of the most supportive families in comics, who themselves have been the target of violence because of their familial relations. If they weren't allowed on Krakoa, that would be pretty shitty (although it would explain why Paige nopes out of Krakoa).
    Not to mention future mutant parents of human children who already live on Krakoa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    No. People are just taking a blanket statement Magneto made as the gospel.
    Yeah but to be fair, nobody in narrative has disagreed with Magneto in this regard yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

so what? The people in charge of Krakoa can dictate who has access to it.
    Okay? That was the whole point, yes. People are making the argument that x-men aren't letting humans on krakoa and those same people probably don't have a problem with the church they support not allowing gays to run services as though they are less than.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Yeah but to be fair, nobody in narrative has disagreed with Magneto in this regard yet?
    Has anyone in the narrative specifically agreed with him in that regard yet?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

So many people are making so many definitive claims about a story that is SO FRESH AND INCOMPLETE.

We haven't gotten everyone's perspectives. We are ONE title/issue POST Hox/PoX.

We don't know how Jubilee feels. Or Dani. Or.....a lot of people.
    We also don't know how their respective human parents feel. And we may not.

Too many "This is how it is" with very few facts to support.

BANNED

Has anyone in the narrative specifically agreed with him in that regard yet?
    Jean appeared to back up the sentiment in HOX #1, saying how humans couldn't pass through the portals or be admitted onto Krakoa without express permission. Not a specific agreement, but not contradictory either.