View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    He doesn't have telekinesis precise or strong enough for that.

Something interesting is that Rachel and Cable's rooms have an empty one in the middle. I guess they don't have a good relationship between them.
    I wouldn't want a room right next to my big sister either.
    "Cable was right!"

This was kinda meh. I really liked Cyclops/Polaris and every Magneto scene, not so much the rest. The family dinner fell flat and weird and Vulcan being reduced to dumb comic relief is a letdown. I really wish he wouldn't skip those reunions.

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    what the hell did they do to Vulcan? he talks in mindless dribble practically? did they revert him to before he went to Shi'ar space? I wish they'd explain things like him coming there.

Alex barely got any lines too and what was up with Cable?

I definitely think I liked it better when mutant powers didn't manifest till puberty. now there's all these mutie kids popping up outta nowhere.
    I think they tampered with his mind so he wouldn't be a cold blooded psychopath. It was funny.

BANNED

You know it’s a proper X-Men comic when Storm waters a plant.

I’m disappointed the X-Men were barbecuing meat. Still acting like degenerate, primitive humans. Hopefully it was synthetic like in Star Trek.

The Cyclops/Corsair stuff was corny.

Magneto being an attention whore is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    I thought the Cable dialog was such crap. This is something I would expect to see in a What IF story. Can someone shoot him already and grow back Old Cable?
    I gotta admit I loved the issue until we got to the Summer House and WiFi started talking. Please bring back OG Cable.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    You know it’s a proper X-Men comic when Storm waters a plant.

I’m disappointed the X-Men were barbecuing meat. Still acting like degenerate, primitive humans. Hopefully it was synthetic like in Star Trek.

The Cyclops/Corsair stuff was corny.

Magneto being an attention whore is spot on.
    Krakoa can generate animals, it has its own fauna. I am sure that it can generate meat without ethical problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Woo this was good, this is what my soul needed. Maybe i just feel sensitive today but i actually cried reading this and was shocked. It was just filled with so much compassion and tenderness that i really wasn't even really thinking about let alone expected. Storm's voice is beautiful in this imo. Another great suprise. And Scott, OMG, this man, this character just exudes awesome in this issue. If Lorna didn't falll in love with his ass from that speech i sure as hell did. lol

And Hickman is turning me into a Storm/Scott BFF Stan. lol. Can't wait til she's over at Summer House.
    Yeah, Scott/Storm BFF has been good, their exchange when he was resurrected was also great.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

The more I look at the scene, the more I think the Children of the Vault will be brought in. Her outfit was too specific of a choice .

Any flirting I’m the Lorna cyclops scene

This was so nice. Grey-Summers clan living happily as a family just warms my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    He doesn't have telekinesis precise or strong enough for that.

Something interesting is that Rachel and Cable's rooms have an empty one in the middle. I guess they don't have a good relationship between them.
    We don't know what level of control this cable has. We do know he is living with a two of the most powerful telekinetics in the marvel universe. Also why would Jean tell him to set the table only to set it herself. That doesn't make sense.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Vulcan was clearly his pre Moira self, because it would make no sense for Charles to bring back the maniac version. He talks like a stupid teen who just read old books and think the English spoken there sounds cool.

You have to wonder what kind of dumb girl is falling for his talk and breaking decorum when they sleep over.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The more I look at the scene, the more I think the Children of the Vault will be brought in. Her outfit was too specific of a choice .
    Hope we get some of mah boi Perro!

Something I took away from this, the X-Men were massively justified for attacking Orchis, they were imprisoning and experimenting on mutant children to help them create post-humans. Typical fascist racist organization, always targeting the children.

In some ways Post-Humans are kind of mutants because they are experimenting on mutants to create the tech to make post-humans. It's kind of a merger between human, machine, and some elements of mutant DNA. Of course all with the purpose to completely exterminate the mutant race.

After finding all those Sentinels and the imprisoned mutants, it's pretty obvious that the X-Men were taking out a very dangerous terrorist base that was engaged in the most horrific racism inflicted on children.

This was very much a Scott book. Secondary to Scott was Storm, Polaris, and Magneto. In the first half it was a good mix of all four of them and a good look at all four points of view. I don't know if Lorna and Scott are dancing around each other, I don't think they were, I think they were sharing the fact that in a way they are the kids of the founders, Scott is the kind of the son of Xavier, and Lorna is the daughter of Magneto. I definitely feel Lorna is going to be a consistent recurring character in X-Men or she will eventually be a team leader on her own book.

The dinner party is mostly just establishing that Scott is living on the Summer House on the moon, the smaller bubble that sits beside the bigger Blue Area habitat on the moon. Haha, Scott wanted a view so he wanted to live on the moon.
    We get to see Jean, Logan, Vulcan (acting a little crazy and dreaming of fire), Alex, Corsair, Hepzibah, Ch'od, Nathan, and Rachel.

So, that elephant in the room, Scott, Jean, and Logan have connected rooms with no doors, just open hallways. NO DOORS!! I don't know what's going on, but I think they are having lots of fun sharing rooms together.

As for the kids, Nathan had the most interaction and got to try and buy a weapon from Ch'od, and interacted with Jean.

Rachel is definitely an afterthought and she only exists as a background character.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Overall, I liked it.

Felt a bit off in places for me, particularly Vulcan and Cable. It's trying a tad too hard to show that everything is great with the X-Men.

But other than that it was fine.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!