View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 100 of 107 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1591

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Money and connections can create blind eyes where oversight is concerned, and Emma had plenty of both at the time, and came from a family used to dealing in corruption.
    "Oversight" is a non-issue if you are going to a mob doctor.

Which is essentially what we are talking about.

Any attempt at trying to go into what duty Emma would have had to a professional guild or medical board is just laughable.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I'm a huge Emma fan, but she was easily 90% to blame for what happened. I can't help but notice the people who hate the idea that Scott was not well enough to consent are the same people who want Scott to die for hurting Jean.
    By all means, in hindsight it looks terrible when you break it down. However, I'm unsure if Morrison intended it to be romantic in a way. That worries me honestly. It comes too close to looking terrible. However, I don't think Scott should be viewed as only slightly to blame for the situation. It just seems to be terrible no matter how you look at it, which is quite unfortunate.

I hope something similar never happens.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 10-22-2019 at 12:23 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    By all means, in hindsight it looks terrible when you break it down. However, I'm unsure if Morrison intended it to be romantic in a way. That worries me honestly. It comes too close to looking terrible. However, I don't think Scott should be viewed as only slightly to blame for the situation. It just seems to be terrible no matter how you look at it, which is quite unfortunate.
    I don't think Morrison intended it to be romantic. Emma's posture and smile indicate otherwise when Scott asks her for help (BTW possibly the least flattering image of her ever).

It was probably intended as character drama, with Emma messing with Scott to mess with Jean.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I don't think Morrison intended it to be romantic. Emma's posture and smile indicate otherwise when Scott asks her for help (BTW possibly the least flattering image of her ever).

It was probably intended as character drama, with Emma messing with Scott to mess with Jean.
    I agree with you there. However, at this point, we're supposed to believe she's fallen in love by this point. So, it seems like quite the mess or as one might say, a soap opera. So, you're right, it's probably just drama for the sake of drama. It definitely ended in a weird manner though.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

By all means, in hindsight it looks terrible when you break it down. However, I’m unsure if Morrison intended it to be romantic in a way. That worries me honestly. It comes too close to looking terrible. However, I don't think Scott should be viewed as only slightly to blame for the situation. It just seems to be terrible no matter how you look at it, which is quite unfortunate.

I hope something similar never happens.
    Talia & Batman?
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

The thread derailment is strong here.
    And it always ends up with a Jean/Emma thing lol. Amazing.

I think Morrison wanted to break Scott and Jean up and went for the easy, soap opera-ish way to do it with the affair. The therapist thing was only used to show Scott's insecurities and depression, to give some background to the early midlife crisis.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Give the parallel a prize! But BEFORE Morrison spun that narrative, it WAS supposed to be consensual between Bruce and Talia. He admitted he made a mistake remembering the lore...then let it be pushed as the new canon anyway.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    "Oversight" is a non-issue if you are going to a mob doctor.

Which is essentially what we are talking about.

Any attempt at trying to go into what duty Emma would have had to a professional guild or medical board is just laughable.
    The Hellfire Club catered to many of the rich and powerful, so it is pretty feasible that she could have received a licence there, even if it was only worth the paper it was printed on. People like that want to appear legitimate in public, after all.

Plus by that point she was working at the Xavier institute, she probably needed to have some level of actual knowledge. I imagine she probably has at least an honest degree in teaching with at least a minor in couseling in order to run her previous school. And that is at the minimum without getting into the broad hyper competence a comic character often has, like how Stark and Richards seem to know every branch of engineering and non biological science at the highest levels. I think magic might have more rules than super science, but that is another subject.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The thread derailment is strong here.
    And it always ends up with a Jean/Emma thing lol. Amazing.

I think Morrison wanted to break Scott and Jean up and went for the easy, soap opera-ish way to do it with the affair. The therapist thing was only used to show Scott's insecurities and depression, to give some background to the early midlife crisis.
    In this board, it’s always about these 3. No matter what the topic, it ends up with Jean/Scott/Emma. That’s why polyamory will solve it. We can all be a big happy fanbase!

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Give the parallel a prize! But BEFORE Morrison spun that narrative, it WAS supposed to be consensual between Bruce and Talia. He admitted he made a mistake remembering the lore...then let it be pushed as the new canon anyway.
    It’s retconned now right? It’s considered consensual.

But yea Morrison is fked up!

The Hellfire Club catered to many of the rich and powerful, so it is pretty feasible that she could have received a licence there, even if it was only worth the paper it was printed on. People like that want to appear legitimate in public, after all.

Plus by that point she was working at the Xavier institute, she probably needed to have some level of actual knowledge. I imagine she probably has at least an honest degree in teaching with at least a minor in couseling in order to run her previous school. And that is at the minimum without getting into the broad hyper competence a comic character often has, like how Stark and Richards seem to know every branch of engineering and non biological science at the highest levels. I think magic might have more rules than super science, but that is another subject.
    She's a telepath, knowledge and degrees shouldn't be a problem. She's also shown engineering and biology knowledge in the past. And she seems to be good with business and politics. She probably had the competence to be a therapist at the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I’m sorry, Im so confused rn. People with PTSD are capable of consent; Scott was depressed like many of us, we still consent and have sex.

It is morally unethical to prey on people and married folks but to compare it to rape, I think not.
    It's not that different from taking advantage of someone who's drunk, if you think about it. If the person is under the influence of any type of substance that affects them mentally, or isn't in their right mind due to trauma or some mental disorder, it's unethical and you're taking advantage of a vulnerable person.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Then Morrison went to cricize Alan Moore for the frequent sexual abuse on his comics. But Morrison had no problems using it twice;

how he made a mistake if the book it happened is a one shot easy to track?

In this board, it’s always about these 3. No matter what the topic, it ends up with Jean/Scott/Emma. That’s why polyamory will solve it. We can all be a big happy fanbase!
    !
    But it is Logan/Jean/Scott and it won't solve a thing

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It's not that different from taking advantage of someone who's drunk, if you think about it. If the person is under the influence of any type of substance that affects them mentally, or isn't in their right mind due to trauma or some mental disorder, it's unethical and you're taking advantage of a vulnerable person.
    No, it’s not the same. A drunk person is mentally incapable of consent, testify and drive. They are literally not in their right mind. A person with PTSD is capable of consent, sign a contract and drive. And unless Scott was diagnosed and was officially her patient calling it rape-y is not right either. I did say it’s unethical, not only was Scott depressed but also a married man but calling it rape is a stretch

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

But it is Logan/Jean/Scott and it won't solve a thing
    It did, for me. Y’all need to up ur game

It did, for me. Y’all need to up ur game
    Me? who needs to do is marvel and give a love interest for jean that is new instead of OOC behavior and same old

I agree with you there. However, at this point, we're supposed to believe she's fallen in love by this point. So, it seems like quite the mess or as one might say, a soap opera. So, you're right, it's probably just drama for the sake of drama. It definitely ended in a weird manner though.
    Many times on fiction I see writers/directors think something is consensual and romantic when in reality is rape.
    I don't think there is nothing beautiful or uplifting about Emma "love" for Scott. And it is even more revolting that Scott fell in love with her.

She could buy degreees and licences. And Emma was legit Scott's therapist, she even did Gambit and Rogue therapy.
    But this time she did it with them together

Last edited by spirit2011; 10-22-2019 at 06:37 AM.