View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 55 of 107 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Someone remind me how many human allies flocked to the XMen when they lived in Utopia. There was no "no humans allowed" edict then. So someone please post a panel of Byron Braddock stopping by for a cup of tea or Corsair catching ball with his son on Utopias beach.

The minute mutants ask for some boundaries and proclaim something they created themselves is just for them, everybody wants to be involved. The real life parallels are incredibly funny.
    Cyclops_Corsair.jpg

Cyclops_Corsair_2.jpg

I mean ok, it's not on Utopia, but Scott's whole solo was about him spending time and bonding with his dad?

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Generally? They have. Totally? No. After all, it's hard to say everyone has the same opinion. Hickman is most certainly not showing all humans as bigots, but at the very least a segment of the ones antagonizing the X-Men. I admit that the current politic state of my country makes me more favorable to so called extreme measures against bigoted groups. The fact that I'm browsing this thread listening to Words of Wisdom, which is maybe too appropriate of a song for this theme, isn't helping in making me more empathetic to Marvel humans (and who am I to say Tupac was wrong). Anyway, human bigotry against humans has crossed far too many lines for me to say "I would definitely not do the same in their place". But I do hope things get to a point where such measures aren't necessary.
    Well in many ways, the countries that we live in do indeed make us see such things differently. There have been many people in the real world that have for example drawn a distinction between the US and European interpretations of ‘free speech’.

It is possible to see a difference in approach between British writers at Marvel and American writers on this distinction. Hate speech and extremism is much more easily legislated against in Europe because philosophically Europe has usually considered hate speech anathema to freedom.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Someone remind me how many human allies flocked to the XMen when they lived in Utopia. There was no "no humans allowed" edict then. So someone please post a panel of Byron Braddock stopping by for a cup of tea or Corsair catching ball with his son on Utopias beach.

The minute mutants ask for some boundaries and proclaim something they created themselves is just for them, everybody wants to be involved. The real life parallels are incredibly funny.
    Hah You took the thoughts out of my head on that subject.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Kavita Rao lived there, the mayor of San Francisco was a welcomed guest several times, Kyle visited Northstar. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Sadly, it often does take seeing a thing represented by fictional characters to help some people recognize the inherent humanity in the real life people they demonize freely.
    The history of polygamy in the modern world is strongly associated with rape. Child brides, extremist cults, women held captive in basements. That bias exists for reasons beyond a healthy disdain for libertinism, and apart from so-called puritanical prudishness.

Just because there is a tiny minority that willingly chooses to engage in it doesn't mean a sensible person shouldn't be skeptical of the majority, just as the existence of legalized prostitution doesn't mean that that occupation isn't rife with human misery caused by violence, drug addiction, and human trafficking even in countries where sex for sale isn't illegal.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Kavita Rao lived there, the mayor of San Francisco was a welcomed guest several times, Kyle visited Northstar. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.
    Mr Sinister posing as their PR rep
    Russian sex slaves were given sanctuary
    And the families of mutants were allowed

I would say that was weird but that’d be an understatement.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Wolverine is cool
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-17-2019 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Wolverine is cool

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They said the same thing about gay people a couple years back. If we keeping it real and what is more funny is the bible has several cases of men with multiple wives. I don't have a horse this race but I am just saying you can pull stuff from "the great moral book" where God allows more than one wife. My point is it interesting what horse people want to ride on times
    Gay people have nothing to do with it, as it doesn't have any bad ties like poligamy. I don't think Bible is any example as it has rape and incest as a normal thing. The book shouldn't be used as a moral compass, but here we are

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    The history of polygamy in the modern world is strongly associated with rape. Child brides, extremist cults, women held captive in basements. That bias exists for reasons beyond a healthy disdain for libertinism, and apart from so-called puritanical prudishness.

Just because there is a tiny minority that willingly chooses to engage in it doesn't mean a sensible person shouldn't be skeptical of the majority, just as the existence of legalized prostitution doesn't mean that that occupation isn't rife with human misery caused by violence, drug addiction, and human trafficking even in countries where sex for sale isn't illegal.
    I think you just used propaganda to make your point.

They said the same thing about gay people a couple years back.
    A couple of years ago? I think some people still spread this kind of rhetoric.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-17-2019 at 07:35 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Cyclops is cool
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-17-2019 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Cyclops is cool

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Mr Sinister posing as their PR rep
    Russian sex slaves were given sanctuary
    And the families of mutants were allowed
    They even gave Breakworld survivors a home, right? Utopia was much more open than Krakoa and they were facing tougher times.

If you think society on whole didn't say those exact about Gay people that they are saying about thing back I suggest you look at your history. But anyways moving on like I said it is it is interesting what horse people pick to ride on
    the difference is that gay people were never like that and they exist a lot more than poliamor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Cyclops_Corsair.jpg

Cyclops_Corsair_2.jpg

I mean ok, it's not on Utopia, but Scott's whole solo was about him spending time and bonding with his dad?
    Utopia didnt exist anymore at this point. Theres plenty of immigrants whose entire families cant come visit them bc of borders restrictions and its not treated as some human rights violations.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    They even gave Breakworld survivors a home, right? Utopia was much more open than Krakoa and they were facing tougher times.
    Utopia was run by Scott Summers and Emma Frost and wasn't on top of an island that didn't like the taste of flatscans.
    "Cable was right!"