View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 59 of 107 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    The prejudice started at the top with Xavier. Look at the language he uses while coaxing Scott to open his eyes. Don't keep them shut, don't look down. That's what they do. Moira sure did a number on baldy.
    Yeah, gotta admit there have been a few linguistic red flags like that too. I want to root for this direction, but, man...Xavier...

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Yeah, gotta admit there have been a few linguistic red flags like that too. I want to root for this direction, but, man...Xavier...
    Few? I think almost every issue there is a redflag

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Okay? That was the whole point, yes. People are making the argument that x-men aren't letting humans on krakoa and those same people probably don't have a problem with the church they support not allowing gays to run services as though they are less than.
    I don't support anything that makes me get up early on Sundays or stay up late in Wednesdays.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But is this really how you build a nation? Is this really how you set things up?

I mean, in this issue, you have a kid who seems to really not like humans. It's rather understandable, sure, but is it a good idea? What do you do about a whole generation of mutants who not only fear humans, but sort of hate them too?
    You start by providing them with safety and security. Magneto didn't tell the children that he wanted them to go to war with the humans, he said that he himself is tired of fighting with humans, that he will protect them with all his powers and prevent humans from hurting mutants on Krakoa. I know Magneto gets into his whole god complex stuff, but on the other hand his philosophy right now is just to provide safety and security for the mutant children so they have a chance to grow up without being subjugated and oppressed.

When Israel was first founded they had pretty strict controls on who could travel there. The Jewish people who survived WWII just wanted safety and security for themselves, they just wanted to know they could leave their homes and go for a walk or go to the theatre without being attacked or arrested or rounded up to a train to go to the gas chambers.

Do you think it's any different for mutants right now. In the last few years in the Marvel U, the human organizations have been so horrendous and extreme that even I felt in Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men that all the hope had gone out of the world for mutants, that it was just bleak endless oppression, subjugation, torture, and genocide being inflicted on mutants by humans.

They finally have a safe place where they don't have to be afraid all the time, that they don't have to worry that people are going to come and kill their children. They are being cautious. We don't know if they have rules for people to visit yet, because it hasn't been discussed. We don't even know if the Starjammers were prevented or allowed to visit the mainland. But seriously, Scott and the Council most definitely trust the Starjammers because they gave them a flower portal which allows them to return to the Moon Biome from anywhere in the universe.

Personally, I would vote for a closed border if I was on the mutant council. The reason is that they are still building the infrastructure of their country and trying to get everyone settled. They are building a standing police force, standing military, standing intelligence service. If a human does come to Krakoa they need to be able to deal with the possibility that said human may be a terrorist trying to kill or bomb everyone. Also, if they do allow VISA's to visit the main island, then they have to have the process and be ready to do a background check on the visitor.

I am sure there are lots of humans that are supportive of mutants rights. The problem is they are not the ones in charge of the governments, they are not running the government agencies. I remember when Maria Hill was trying to walk the fine line of trying to be sympathetic to mutants, but the problem was some of her own agents wanted to kill mutants. She was fighting elements of her own agency to try and use her authority to be better to mutants. Of course Dark Beast took advantage of that and used SHIELD as a weapon against Wolverine's school, but SHIELD had also secretly built super Sentinel weapons that Maria Hill wasn't even aware they had which was revealed at the tail end of Battle of the Atom.

So even when you have a human trying to help mutants, you have 100 others trying their damnedest to kill every mutant they can.

To me the current state is tenuous and volatile. Even with all the peace agreements the nation of Krakoa is living under the potential threat of an imminent devastating attack. They are a nation that is less than a year old and they are still building their infrastructure and defences against a very hostile world. So yeah they are putting restrictions on travel to their country, because the civilian population of Krakoa are exhausted from the constant threat of genocide and are just trying to enjoy a moment of freedom.

I could imagine for some mutants the site of a normal human would actually trigger massive PTSD and anxiety, after everything they have done to mutants and the fear the mutants have lived with.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    That's one thing to disagree with others opinions, that's another to insinuate disgusting things about them as a result. This is not the first time this happened here on this board, that's both offensive and shameful.
    Okay. Yes that is a part of human nature making insinuations about stories, people, objects. Doesn't make them true or false. It's usually how one arrives to an answer and poses a statement of thought.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    We don't know if it's poliamory or if Scott and Jean are simply in an open relationship.
    The debate is really about whether All Three are in a mutually consenting polyamorous relationship, and whether we should be particularly bothered that the comics hint at that. I am almost positive we won’t see a story starting with Logan climbing out of a sleeping Scott’s bed and answering the phone to Jean who then calls him darling and flirts with him before talking business, but I can rejoice that the text allows me to imagine that without direct contradiction.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

So is no one going to talk about Karima? What happened to her? Last we saw of her, her sentinel tech had been inert and she was capable of having it removed but now she seems even more machine than ever before. Plus that blank look in her eyes. Just what's gone on with her since Wood's X-Men?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    he can't even write Jean with a personality. but a writer can write anything he wants, making sense or not.

if they aren't feeling like being together, Jean should be on her own discovering a new relationship.
    Ah well. Such is the life for comic fans who like specific characters. They don't always get written in ways we think is appropriate and have what we consider slumps or character-assassination. Not really much point fighting it.

Just play the waiting game for them getting a writer who happens to share your taste. Hickman dropped the bridge on one of my favs. But they'll be in a non X-Book in Jan. written by a writer with solid past treatment of the character. Maybe that will be better. Can't be worse than the infamous 6 -Rosenberg, Chaykin, Pak, Hickman, Austen, and Bendis. lol

We'll see where Jean goes in X-Force. Hopefully her personality will be better there. Hickman isn't known for characters being very personable.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-17-2019 at 08:16 AM.

BANNED

I guess the two writers who wrote the best Jean dont know her as well as spirit2011.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Few? I think almost every issue there is a redflag
    Well, when you have Storm who is canonically one if the nicest and most accepting people on Earth stomping around a place calling humans a conquered species who should beg for mercy they don't deserve, that goes from being a red flag to "flee to Canada. Just do it."
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    so what?

10char
    exactly so what? lol. i said what i said and you seemed to want some kind of expulsion on it. otherwise why just repeat it after saying the church is not a good example. I don't understand the point you were making or trying to make or if there was one.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So is no one going to talk about Karima? What happened to her? Last we saw of her, her sentinel tech had been inert and she was capable of having it removed but now she seems even more machine than ever before. Plus that blank look in her eyes. Just what's gone on with her since Wood's X-Men?
    She had a relapse most likely. I think in one of the diagrams it explained that once you're infected as an Omega, you're screwed.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Ah well. Such is the life for comic fans who like specific characters. They don't always get written in ways we think is appropriate and have what we consider slumps or character-assassination. Not really much point fighting it.

Just play the waiting game for them getting a writer who happens to share your taste. Hickman dropped the bridge on one of my favs. But they'll be in a non X-Book in Jan. written by a writer with solid past treatment of the character. Maybe that will be better. Can't be worse than Rosenberg, Hickman, Austen, and Bendis. lol
    Jeen was a lot better treated than Jean since she came back. it's heresy talk that Taylor did much better than Hickman with a lot of fewer issues.

It's really bad that jean use is being bait to some poliamory

the problem is when fans want to get a character assassination so they can have all character having sex.

BANNED

We dont talk abt Woods run. Garbage.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

I'm absolutely here for Scott's platonic convos. Him and Storm were great, but I need more of Scott and Lorna given that they're basically the successors to the founding fathers.