View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 66 of 107 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    We are not sure that The Five's procedure can work with humans. Perhaps the eggs produced by Goldballs are only compatible with mutant DNA.
    Not necessarily. In fact, the only reason that they’re capable of holding any DNA is because of Proteus’ reality warping does I don’t see why it wouldn’t work beyond just mutants.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    We are not sure that The Five's procedure can work with humans. Perhaps the eggs produced by Goldballs are only compatible with mutant DNA.
    That's interesting to consider. I'm not sure that would be the solution for Karima, but in general I think it will be interesting to see what the X-men come up with.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

They've been resurrected before with phalanx technology and some deals with N'astirh

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    That's interesting to consider. I'm not sure that would be the solution for Karima, but in general I think it will be interesting to see what the X-men come up with.
    transfer her into another machine? get into a new mutant body?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    transfer her into another machine? get into a new mutant body?
    I think Havok83 brought it up, but I think it depends on how much of Karima is left, if anything.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The sheer scale and scope and brutality of all these events is why people are boggled that there is ANYONE who doesn’t understand why mutants don’t trust humanity. Trust individuals? Fine, on a case-by-case basis. Trust them as a whole? Nah. Not after so much carnage and terror at the hands of human hatred and fear...

It’s like people not understanding why most people of color don’t trust cops...

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    It’s like people not understanding why most people of color don’t trust cops...
    I can understand… trust is a human thing based on experience. I call the logic into question.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I can understand… trust is a human thing based on experience. I call the logic into question.
    What is illogical about no longer offering blanket trust or having faith in the better angels of human nature after so many examples of humanity as a people responsible for so much death and destruction and horror? Haven’t they spent decades hoping that humanity will stop trying to murder them, only to realize that, when the chips are down and their backs are against the wall, those they trusted are ether not there for them, are working FOR the people trying to murder them, or are too busy not caring/objecting their children with strange drug cocktails to care? A handful of human allies does not counter MILLIONS of dead mutants at human hands.
    Last edited by zinderel; 10-17-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Double post, apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    She was originally human and Sinister has a catalogue of everyone on the planet. Same way that they revive mutants, they can save her. It’s just a matter of if they’re willing to in order to help a victim.
    No it doesn’t work like that. Cerebro hasn’t been recording humans.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

We dont know if Cerebro even can backup human psyches.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    What exactly can they do to help Karima? Given the Omega Sentinel infographic presented in HoX/PoX?
    Exactatiously!

If HiX-Man makes an attempt to help her...all well and good...I suppose...but
    It was my understanding that she's beyond saving at this point...and may work better as a bone-fide X-Villain (which is what I believe Hix-Man was going for in HoX).
    However, I'm not that invested in her deliverance, personally, either way...so...
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but during the last issues of Hunt for Xavier, the story where cerebro goes rogue do they not defeat it by kind of overloading it when it attempts to catalogue humans? I believe cerebro even mentions their souls..? I scrolled through it the other day (I have the actual issues somewhere in my collection).

It makes you wonder if Cerebro could back up humans ?

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I think we know it wasn’t part of Forge’s brief so we can assume it can’t. Indeed why would anyone think it could? It would need to have already backed her up well before now.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-17-2019 at 03:24 PM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    What exactly can they do to help Karima? Given the Omega Sentinel infographic presented in HoX/PoX?
    I honestly believe Karima is beyond saving but if the X-Men were to attempt to save her. Rogue needs to be amongst them because I personally believe Rogue has the best chance of reaching her. Well Rogue and Monet but after what happened last time Monet would most likely be very reluctant to aid Karima
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account