View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 74 of 107 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1591
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Haven’t they spent decades hoping that humanity will stop trying to murder them, only to realize that--
    No. They've spent one decade fighting the good fight and then kicking rocks and deciding it was too hard. Never forget the infamous Marvel Rolling Decade. In a ten year period, these people have experienced Apocalypse, the Phoenix, Days of Future past, umpteen deaths and resurrections of the vanilla kind, Genosha (slavery), Genosha (genocide), operation zero tolerance, Decimation, gotten their faces plowed in by the Avengers, conquered the earth at least two times, and celebrated the return of the mutant species. Honestly, their current stance is almost understandable, because if I went through ten years of that, I'd be dangerously close to being utterly insane.

At the same time, they've nowhere near experienced the entirety of what humanity actually is. They're currently making a rush to judgement in a desperate attempt to err on the side of caution and safety. They think there's a plan. There is no plan.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Jean, sick of the ritual ceremony bs after her fourth rez: *grabs the mic from Ororo and shoves her out of the scene*: THE NEXT PERSON, MAN WOMAN OR NONBINARY, WHO BUYS ME A DRINK GETS TO VISIT THE WHITE HOT BOX
    Storm, catching her breath from all the shouting: A headsup would have been nice.
    hehe, yeah I could see the whole ritual getting old fast, it's like ok enough talk buy me a drink!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The drugs are a want in the sense that, If they rejected the deal. The Human species would go on dealing with the issues like they always have in the past. Yes the drugs are greatly helpful but in terms of being "blackmailed" which was being discussed. It is not a need and the deal is very rejectable. It is a very sci-fi question but if aliens came and offer that deal to earth now but the offer was to give up half of the landmass on earth for those things. The answer would be no. Humans want better cures, medicine and longer life but if the deal is bad they don't have to accept. It is vast vast upgrade but it is an upgrade none the less. You don't need upgrades you want upgrades. Electricity and tech aren't needs even though they have vastly improved life. Those drugs are in that same category they are clear upgrades but humans, in general, can survive without that change. That is why I said it is not a need in the context of that conversation. Remember the convo was blackmail and answer could easily been no your offer would greatly help us and save millions but we think the terms are too high and we will move on like we always have done.

Now with that of the way considering what the drugs can do the terms of the deal was fair. They could have asked more land, global rules for the treatment of mutants, etc, they just asked for recognition as a nation and any mutant born be consider citizens of Krakoa. And given what it would do for humans that is a fair trade. Some people were calling it blackmail no thats when medical companies jack up the insulin and other meds without other sources to make profits that is blackmail. Krakoa is an island with mutants on it and is already a nation for the price of improving millions of lives some high cost to pay for the small price of something that is already a thing? And some can correct me if a wrong but are scientists and doctors out here giving away there medicines and technology advancement away for free? Is the general practice to get some benefit from making something that helps? This wasn't even dirty commerce Krakoa actually undersold what they could have gotten for the medicine.
    Giving humans and different countries drugs in exchange for recognition/safety isn't inherently unfair/evil. I think the issue is that these are the X-men however, and they are supposed to be heroes with morals better than most. So, while the deal isn't evil, it isn't an action outright intended for the betterment of all. It takes some of the heroism out of the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    This is like saying "Well, mutant need a world where humanity isn't trying to work out ways to wipe them out all the time."

Feels like you are trying to hold mutants to a standard you are not holding humanity to.

To me, this just seem like the most sensible way to go about dealing with the people you are dealing with. Any attempt at talking about "Fair Is Fair..." when Sentinels exist is just beyond silly.
    To be fair, a majority of the mutants shown, and that we know, are X-men. The X-men are heroes and should be held to a higher standard than others, especially in comparison to the humans they fight.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 10-18-2019 at 02:27 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Rachel can't be homophobic. She is a lesbian
    Rachel has had onscreen romances with Korvus, and Franklin Richards, and was flirting with a human in his home until Selene killed him. Where's the proof she's lesbian?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Giving humans and different countries drugs in exchange for recognition/safety isn't inherently unfair/evil. I think the issue is that these are the X-men however, and they are supposed to be heroes with morals better than most. So, while the deal isn't evil, it isn't an action outright intended for the betterment of all. It takes some of the heroism out of the X-men.
    I guess it depends, they are going out of their way to make sure their drugs are affordable by everyone on Earth, even people in poor countries.

They are also taking steps to make sure that if their drugs are sold on the black market, they are saturating the black market too to ensure the price stays low there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Rachel has had onscreen romances with Korvus, and Franklin Richards, and was flirting with a human in his home until Selene killed him. Where's the proof she's lesbian?
    Here relationship with boys is very unsuccessful. Franklin was under the duress of a concentration camp, Korvus was forced upon her by the Phoenix Force, the bar owner who rescued her was flirting with her, I think Rachel was just grateful someone helped her in this strange world she didn't understand because so much was different.

There is so much subtext that Rachel has been secretly in love with Kitty since they shared a room in Excalibur. Claremont wrote X-Men The End showing that Rachel and and President Kate Pryde were a couple with kids. Claremonts original intention was that Rachel and Kitty were soulmates.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Dating men and being a lesbian arent mitually exclusive.

But also Nick Damiano was a snack and the best partner Rachel could have hoped for Kitty WHOM????

damianonick1.jpg

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I guess it depends, they are going out of their way to make sure their drugs are affordable by everyone on Earth, even people in poor countries.

They are also taking steps to make sure that if their drugs are sold on the black market, they are saturating the black market too to ensure the price stays low there as well.
    Is this stated anywhere? I would think maintaining an affordable price would keep other countries more inclined to buying from the source. I would think that controlling the black market prevents other countries from illegally buying the drugs.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Is this stated anywhere? I would think maintaining an affordable price would keep other countries more inclined to buying from the source. I would think that controlling the black market prevents other countries from illegally buying the drugs.
    Yeah, the whole reason the Black Market works is because the obscene profit you make is work the extreme risk. There is no doubt the X-Men are operating the Krakoa drugs at a massive loss profit wise.

BANNED

We wont have much insight until Maraders start but Krakoa cant have much control abt how its drugs are distributed in countries they have an accord with. And theres little doubt the power these miracle drugs grant will be abused by the people in charge if it works like in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Dating men and being a lesbian arent mitually exclusive.

But also Nick Damiano was a snack and the best partner Rachel could have hoped for Kitty WHOM????

damianonick1.jpg
    I can't deny he had a good name. I'm thinking 1997-ish Matt Leblanc making a special appearance. What's so special about it? He dies just before the end credits roll.

"Yo. Avenge me, Rachel."

All-New Member

Simply, because she is a Summers. Also, by default shouldn't Hope Summers be in Summer house? But uh her
    "Father" is now a teen probably.younger than her. As if that isn't happened before, with Nate and Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by MutantHipster View Post
    Simply, because she is a Summers. Also, by default shouldn't Hope Summers be in Summer house? But uh her
    "Father" is now a teen probably.younger than her. As if that isn't happened before, with Nate and Scott.
    Hope's relationship with Cable was broken years ago. She kicked Old man Cable out of her life and stole his X-force squad. Did she even care when Wi-Fi retired him?

All-New Member

I didn't pick up at first the Nimrod foreshadowing, until you guys pointed it out. Makes sense. Biblical Nimrod was described as a might hunter who built the tower of Babel. So when Erasmus described the dead scientist as mighty hunter and tower of a man it all clicked. Mutant hunter, Nimrod's tower of ascension. It's all there. Shiiett X-men catalyzed Nimrod creation!
    Last edited by MutantHipster; 10-18-2019 at 03:19 PM.