View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 83 of 107 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1591

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    If wasn't for Creed they wouldn't get the pendrive with info about nimrod/mothermold, if wasn't for Creed Red widow wouldn't complete his mission on her solo.
    Everyone get a very nervous breakdown. she hsould treat people equally
    in what world does anyone treat everyone equally. lol. So you want Jean to be beyond human. You want her to be beyond normal emotion. People like people better. People see better qualities in other people. People think other people have a better chance of becoming a better person than other people. It happens. No one blanketly treats everyone equally. I like my dad more than my mom.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

If wasn't for Creed they wouldn't get the pendrive with info about nimrod/mothermold, if wasn't for Creed Red widow wouldn't complete his mission on her solo.
    Everyone get a very nervous breakdown. she hsould treat people equally
    Cassandra would understand what she did wrong and her punishment with some compassion put inside her. I owuldn't say this was a "hahaha you are good and you are free now". understand how bad you ddi really put people throught something bad. Even worse than prison
    But you don't want her to treat people equally. You want her to despise and attempt to kill two characters, and forgive literally everyone else. Cassandra killed 16 million, Mister Sinister has been making her life hell for years, as has Creed.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    For me it feels like he cleaned up any argument against it if someone wants to go that way. The only reason two people would feel that they could be with other people and still be together and not actually be shown as miserable is if they know in the end no one else matters as long as they come home to each other. Scott left Maddie because Jean is Jean, Scott may have been with Emma and it was what it was but he still wanted Jean. Jean will always want Scott. It's on the other people to deal with it. IMO Scott and Jean have all the power in this relationship if it is that.
    Firstly, Scott and Jean have separate rooms. That's kind of a big deal. Secondly, Logan has a designated room if Scott and Jean's actual home. Somewhat diminishes the 'I'm coming home to you' argument. Thirdly, I'm in total agreement over your assessment of Scott and Jean having all the power. Problem is, Emma and Logan haven't exactly canonically been thrilled with being second best. Scott/Jean playing parental figures and amiable/loving exes-with-benefits would make more sense than Emma and Logan going through the same BS all over again, no?
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 10-20-2019 at 12:37 PM.

It would make me question why Jean is subjecting herself to this. Seems like a decadent relationship, it is a huge part on relationships know to let it go and know when to get out
    Logan has a designated room in their home. Jean's totally cool with Scott not giving a crap about the people she's banging while he's doing the dishes. Nobody's being subjected to anything and nobody's a victim, lol.

Never saw him wasting pages to develop romantic relationships. Not even on FF he wasted on reed and Susan relationship. It just existed
    I didn't say anything about romantic relationships. I explicitly referred to it as a 'game of chicken'. Refer to the following comment.

He can't do Poli, so he is hitting to get people talking. it is very simple
    I assume you meant 'hinting at it' rather than 'hitting', right?

Partial agreement, here. Can't help but think it's a mixture of Hickman not wanting to actually write relationship drama (fair enough), but getting folks to freak the efff out over it and thus generating free publicity (high risk high reward, could backfire).

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I’m currently re-reading Moon Is A Harsh Mistress, because Hickman is giving me huge Heinlein vibes, I’ve never read a comic by him before. The plot of MIAHM is a revolution, so there’s lots of details on how to run a revolution, it’s fascinating.

Now, to the comic at hand, if I was Moira and wanted to control Krakoa from behind the scenes or bring down Xavier/Eric, I would want, from what we have seen of her previous lives, to have Wolverine working with me.

Heinlein runs his revolution in cells of three. So Wolverine needs to set up a cell of three. How about himself, Scott and Jean? Who better than the Captain Commander and the best telepath on the Quiet Council? And in turn, Scott recruits three people to his cell, eg. Emma/Alex/Ororo? And Jean recruits three to her cell etc etc. And so it goes.

And why the Barbarella Love Cave (thank you, Pandafarmer) on the moon? Well Krakoa simply needs a moon base and Scott likes the view and everyone just assumes it’s a clan marriage. But it’s private and away from prying ears and eyes. And Scott has just confirmed to Eric’s daughter how happy and content with the new status quo he is, and so not planning a revolution.

This is all pie in the sky, but it’s what I’d do, if I was trying to mess with heads.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Logan has a designated room in their home. Jean's totally cool with Scott not giving a crap about the people she's banging while he's doing the dishes. Nobody's being subjected to anything and nobody's a victim, lol.
    That is not how it looks, there was a lot of love involved to just be reduced to sex. Something is very wrong

I didn't say anything about romantic relationships. I explicitly referred to it as a 'game of chicken'. Refer to the following comment.
    Alright then...

I assume you meant 'hinting at it' rather than 'hitting', right?

Partial agreement, here. Can't help but think it's a mixture of Hickman not wanting to actually write relationship drama (fair enough), but getting folks to freak the efff out over it and thus generating free publicity (high risk high reward, could backfire).
    Seems like the case.

I think it is weird a writer not wanting to write romantic relationships. If he wants to write for TV and movies it will be hard

for me the reason is Marvel not allowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    But you don't want her to treat people equally. You want her to despise and attempt to kill two characters, and forgive literally everyone else. Cassandra killed 16 million, Mister Sinister has been making her life hell for years, as has Creed.
    No, I don't want jean to forgive everyone.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-20-2019 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whist View Post
    I’m currently re-reading Moon Is A Harsh Mistress, because Hickman is giving me huge Heinlein vibes, I’ve never read a comic by him before. The plot of MIAHM is a revolution, so there’s lots of details on how to run a revolution, it’s fascinating.

Now, to the comic at hand, if I was Moira and wanted to control Krakoa from behind the scenes or bring down Xavier/Eric, I would want, from what we have seen of her previous lives, to have Wolverine working with me.

Heinlein runs his revolution in cells of three. So Wolverine needs to set up a cell of three. How about himself, Scott and Jean? Who better than the Captain Commander and the best telepath on the Quiet Council? And in turn, Scott recruits three people to his cell, eg. Emma/Alex/Ororo? And Jean recruits three to her cell etc etc. And so it goes.

And why the Barbarella Love Cave (thank you, Pandafarmer) on the moon? Well Krakoa simply needs a moon base and Scott likes the view and everyone just assumes it’s a clan marriage. But it’s private and away from prying ears and eyes. And Scott has just confirmed to Eric’s daughter how happy and content with the new status quo he is, and so not planning a revolution.

This is all pie in the sky, but it’s what I’d do, if I was trying to mess with heads.
    I'm rather thinking Xavier sucked up so hard to Emma and psychically nudged Scott and Lorna into becoming efff budies just to get them on his and Erik's side of the inevitable conflict. Obviously won't work on Emma, but oh well.

Agreed on the Moira/Logan stuff, though. PoX #6 made it painfully obvious.

That is not how it looks, there was a lot of love involved to just be reduced to sex. Something is very wrong.
    Of course there is. Scott is happy, period. Instant red flag.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 10-20-2019 at 01:10 PM.

New theory:

Characters are behaving atypically compared to their previous actions due to the fact that Krakoa, in addition to making pretty teleportation powers, etc., is also at all times kicking out massive amounts of opium, as well as marijuana/ganja/reefer/hash/hemp/herb/hashish/pot/weed/grass/dope/chronic/cheeba/doobage/cannabis/bud throughout its entire system, including the family habitats. X-folk just don’t know how to deal as of yet.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Scott Summers and James Howlett. From rivals, to brothers in arms to....Eskimo brothers??!

Imagine this in Ken Brockman's voice as you read this.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

How are Scott and Jean 'annihilated?' They are clearly still in a relationship and cohabitating as the heads of a family. They just have a couple more sides to their relationship now, namely Logan and almost certainly Emma.

As for showing the development, Hickman said in his latest interview some of this character material from the timejump would be fleshed out in flashback during relevant upcoming story. This development would seem to be a candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    How are Scott and Jean 'annihilated?' They are clearly still in a relationship and cohabitating as the heads of a family. They just have a couple more sides to their relationship now, namely Logan and almost certainly Emma.

As for showing the development, Hickman said in his latest interview some of this character material from the timejump would be fleshed out in flashback during relevant upcoming story. This development would seem to be a candidate.
    the last we saw of Jean and Scott tey were passionately for each other ignoring Logan and Emma. and the secret it says that Scott has his women on the side. So it wouldn't be only 4.

and I mean the couple was enough for a time and having side people dimish it by a lot

Flashbacks aren't enough to organic develop this. It already look forced, then a simply flashback would be laughable. And never saw Hickman bothering with romantic relationshisps
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-20-2019 at 03:14 PM.

BANNED

It said Scott was up to much the same and more. That dont mean multiple women he could just be doing more with Emma. Also Im seeing you're starting to accept the situation congratulations!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    It’s Adam and Eve, not Adam and Eve and James.
    It's adam4adam
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Scott Summers and James Howlett. From rivals, to brothers in arms to....Eskimo brothers??!

Imagine this in Ken Brockman's voice as you read this.
    Hahahaha Now I want this to be a thing
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    It said Scott was up to much the same and more. That dont mean multiple women he could just be doing more with Emma. Also Im seeing you're starting to accept the situation congratulations!!
    More really implies more women.

the last we saw of Jean and Scott tey were passionately for each other ignoring Logan and Emma. and the secret it says that Scott has his women on the side. So it wouldn't be only 4.

and I mean the couple was enough for a time and having side people dimish it by a lot

Flashbacks aren't enough to organic develop this. It already look forced, then a simply flashback would be laughable. And never saw Hickman bothering with romantic relationshisps
    Rosenberg said that Scott and Jean reuniting was not the definite end of the other ships (those being JeanLogan and Scemma) but just an acknowledgement of the love square. It wasn’t about ignoring the other people around but that it was an emotional reconnection between two people who were married. And the Sinister Secret isn’t worded that way, in fact it does kind of imply that the poly isn’t as heteronormative as people thought but I don’t think we’ll ever get to see those sides of the open relationship.

And have multiple relationships doesn’t diminish any of them, just like how multiple deep friendships don’t “ruin” or “contradict” each other.