View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

83 33.20%
  • ★★★★

84 33.60%
  • ★★★

55 22.00%
  • ★★

18 7.20%
  • 10 4.00%
Page 91 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1591

Humans - when will they learn?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    1) Yes, I’m saying that the polyamorous relationship isn’t just limited to Jean being involved with Scott and Logan, but also the two with each other. I thought I had made that pretty clear following that up with discussing sexuality and how Marvel isn’t gonna do something that major with characters like Cyclops and Wolverine.
    I get that. We're both in agreement over Hickman throwing in some major Scogan "subtext", but Editorial most likely shut it down. What do you think will be the alternative that we'll see in published form? All I'm getting is "Emma, Emma, Emma". Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    2) Nothing in that prompt implies what sort of connection is being made between Jean and Logan besides an obvious romantic/sexual attraction, so that meaning Scott’s involving himself in something more with Emma like being more emotionally invested means introducing a concept not really established beforehand. All we know is that ppl be f*ckin and lovin.
    That's the whole point. We've got so little intel, it's basically impossible to shut down any theory as long as there's a "Jean isn't doing it" component to it.

Random fanart by Vinnysaart on Deviantart for the haterz.
    97508c0.jpg

A costume like this for Jean could work btw.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I get that. We're both in agreement over Hickman throwing in some major Scogan "subtext", but Editorial most likely shut it down. What do you think will be the alternative that we'll see in published form? All I'm getting is "Emma, Emma, Emma". Just curious.

That's the whole point. We've got so little intel, it's basically impossible to shut down any theory as long as there's a "Jean isn't doing it" component to it.
    Honestly, it's actually possible that Hickman writes Emma as going completely solo these days. So far there hasn't even been one hint of any art showing Emma interacting with Scott beyond going to the Savage Land as part of the team in the upcoming X-Men story. Even in that art, Emma looks kind of annoyed riding the dinosaur behind Scott.

Lol, I would love it if the writers threw everyone for a loop and we find out Emma and Storm are dating and that is why Storm didn't take the Hellfire position, she didn't want to work with her girlfriend! That would be so hilarious!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Honestly, it's actually possible that Hickman writes Emma as going completely solo these days. So far there hasn't even been one hint of any art showing Emma interacting with Scott beyond going to the Savage Land as part of the team in the upcoming X-Men story. Even in that art, Emma looks kind of annoyed riding the dinosaur behind Scott.
    1. She's not behind Scott.
    2. Of course she's annoyed. He's totally being unprofessional and thinking about his last/next date with Lorna.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    In a sense, People Of The Earth isn't wrong.

Xavier and the X-Men are "light years away" from what they used to be.
    But...

That was the WHOLE point of HoX/PoX.

These characters are different...not because Krakoa is drugging them. Not because Xavier "messed with" their clones. Not because Moira used voodoo magic on Xavier and twisted him inside out...these characters are different because their entire world is different.
    Some readers are obviously having a very difficult time with that concept. Understandable, such a Dramatic Change can be quite unsettling.

We must pray for them.
    It's traumatic when your world is turned upside down… It doesn't matter if the change is good or not: people can lose it after wining a lottery. These characters don't look traumatized, having problems to adjust or talking about the past that was so different… They are just different.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Hickman be playing and I didn't saw any Scogan subtext. I see that fandom want to throw Emma on it...

I think that everyone gotta have a huge surprise

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It's traumatic when your world is turned upside down… It doesn't matter if the change is good or not: people can lose it after wining a lottery. These characters don't look traumatized, having problems to adjust or talking about the past that was so different… They are just different.
    Exactly, they are just very different from what they were.

I have another theory: characters are behaving atypically compared to their previous actions because they are not the characters we knew. We saw Charles Xavier at some point in "Astonishing X-men" saying "I have a new dream". So he sent himself in a mission to find a haven for mutants where they could feel in security. So he found Krakoa… and Krakoa hurt him badly. Full of regrets, the island tried to cure him and couldn't do it. So it cloned him, but the copy wasn't perfect. So it made him some kind of 'soft dictator'. Feeling lonely, this new Xavier wanted his X-men to be around him and went to search them. So, they came and saw there was something fishy. Xavier trapped them and made clones of them. So each time a mutant arrives in the island, he/she is normal. As soon as this mutant suspects something is amiss, he/she is replaced…

It explains everything… just Hickman doesn't show mutants having doubts… it's a lack.
    It’s a better theory than mine
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes it is but...
    Their world wasn't turned upside down. They just upgraded their living situation, for the vastly better. They don't look traumatised because nothing traumatic happened/is happening.
    And...going by HoX/PoX...They've already had months to acclimate.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    In a sense, People Of The Earth isn't wrong.

Xavier and the X-Men are "light years away" from what they used to be.
    But...

That was the WHOLE point of HoX/PoX.

These characters are different...not because Krakoa is drugging them. Not because Xavier "messed with" their clones. Not because Moira used voodoo magic on Xavier and twisted him inside out...these characters are different because their entire world is different.
    Some readers are obviously having a very difficult time with that concept. Understandable, such a Dramatic Change can be quite unsettling.

We must pray for them.
    - change is realistic
    - dramatic change is realistic for a certain number of characters who are completely in the know
    - dramatic change is NOT realistic for 50+ characters that are only getting part of the story...

UNLESS there’s some outside factor that we the reader don’t know about yet.

And that might be the case. Hickman can get me there. There’s a time gap where events/discussions/etc may have occurred. But we haven’t seen it yet. Which is fine. As long as he gets to it.

BUT if there’s nothing more to be revealed. And the characters are just different now. With no explanation...

THEN THAT’S POOR WRITING, at least in my mind. But most of the small sample set posting here don’t seem to mind, so perhaps the majority of the total readers don’t care either.

Bottom line: it’s been entertaining as all getup. I’m definitely in. For now at least. But if certain character changes don’t get explained at some point in the relatively near future, then I’m out. When that pivot point comes for me I don’t really know but it’s probably before the new year. Either way, it seems like the XMen will carry on happily and successfully I’m sure.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

We also don't know exactly how much is different about the past of these X-Men. Multiple timelines means easy retcons with an actual in story reason.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    - change is realistic
    - dramatic change is realistic for a certain number of characters who are completely in the know
    - dramatic change is NOT realistic for 50+ characters that are only getting part of the story...

UNLESS there’s some outside factor that we the reader don’t know about yet.

And that might be the case. Hickman can get me there. There’s a time gap where events/discussions/etc may have occurred. But we haven’t seen it yet. Which is fine. As long as he gets to it.

BUT if there’s nothing more to be revealed. And the characters are just different now. With no explanation...

THEN THAT’S POOR WRITING, at least in my mind. But most of the small sample set posting here don’t seem to mind, so perhaps the majority of the total readers don’t care either.

Bottom line: it’s been entertaining as all getup. I’m definitely in. For now at least. But if certain character changes don’t get explained at some point in the relatively near future, then I’m out. When that pivot point comes for me I don’t really know but it’s probably before the new year. Either way, it seems like the XMen will carry on happily and successfully I’m sure.
    there will be flashbacks... but we don't know what these flashbacks are.

I think it is cheap skip the building up and then add some cirurgic flashbacks

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Important to note...

"In. My. (Your). Mind" makes it applicable, ONLY for you. And while absolutely valid to you and your enjoyment of the product, does not speak to how it's perceived in general or the writer's actual intent.
    Perhaps, if you were to view it from a different perspective..."Outside yourself"...then you might see things differently.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Though with what Hickman has changed with Moira at the end of this Marvel could just do another death of hers back into a reality that looks a lot like the one that existed before Hickman took over, just with the characters that were dead back...so imho they being Marvel have left themselves an out after Hickman leaves if they wanted to...

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    We also don't know exactly how much is different about the past of these X-Men. Multiple timelines means easy retcons with an actual in story reason.
    pretty much picking and choosing what suits for his stories, and then people complain on new52 and bendis
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-21-2019 at 12:35 PM.