Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

God bless his soul, Lobdell is trying.

If this was an issue in a regular monthly, I might quite like it. (He kind of butchered Earth 23, which is my favorite Earth, but that's a minor complaint).

Hoiwever, this series is clearly setting up a status quo that removes Wally from the rest of the DCU. It's not "Suicide Squad" bad, but I remain cautious.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    God bless his soul, Lobdell is trying.

If this was an issue in a regular monthly, I might quite like it. (He kind of butchered Earth 23, which is my favorite Earth, but that's a minor complaint).

Hoiwever, this series is clearly setting up a status quo that removes Wally from the rest of the DCU. It's not "Suicide Squad" bad, but I remain cautious.
    I still think this is setting up wally to join morrison's tshirt and jeans superman . They are both didio's projects. This clearly leading somewhere. With the crisis thing, on top of the 5G thing. The kids might be being used again. The return of the mobius chair also hints something big.

I'm not reading this because I don't trust Lobdell but you guys are making me think I should pick up the trade. I mean President Superman might be my very favorite alt-Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    I'm not reading this because I don't trust Lobdell but you guys are making me think I should pick up the trade. I mean President Superman might be my very favorite alt-Superman.
    I’m a wait and see person myself as I would wonder when the other shoe will drop in this mini series.

Incredible Member

Am I the only one annoyed by them recapping and having to mention events that happened in issue 1? I mean seriously, this has only gone for 2 issues and you have to tell people what happened in the last issue?
    It's just a waste of space if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed he kind of messed up Earth-23. I supposes in some ways an outed President Superman has less baggage than a President with a secret identity, but eh.

i enjoyed this issue. Wally was fun, the multiple Earths were fun, and I personally quite like the Snyder/Didio/Lobdell cosmology.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Am I the only one annoyed by them recapping and having to mention events that happened in issue 1? I mean seriously, this has only gone for 2 issues and you have to tell people what happened in the last issue?
    It's just a waste of space if you ask me.
    That's Lobdell for you
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Mighty Member

I don't like Scott Lobdell, but if this issue was written by another writer, it would be liked and praised by the critics. The story is interesting, the concepts are fun, the characterisation is mostly correct, and the plot-twists are interesting and give a sense of hope that is needed in a Flash tite. Lobdell is very doing his best.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

"Wally beats up the Marvel Universe" was a fun read

I knew they were coming back in this series but I wasn't expecting it to be teased so soon.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I'm digging this so far, it's like a pseudo-sequel to Mutliversity. But I dunno how well the episodic nature of the plot so far is gonna turn out for the rest of this mini, though. This also seems pretty underrated... At least on forums.

Hate to say it but I’m of the beliefs that Wally shouldn’t have kids. It is just too weird with Barry running around and then existing would mean that he should have been like twenty years since Wally became his sidekick. Also I tend to agree with John Byrne’s stance that superheroes should not be given kids (though I find a few exceptions to work) because it ages and changes the character too much and these are timeless characters that should be preserved for generations. So I hope the versions that appeared in the end of this issue are from an alternate reality because he really was in the best shape before they were brought back into the picture which laid the path for the crap that should never have happened, though he still must be redeemed somehow with those actions being retconned away.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    So I hope the versions that appeared in the end of this issue are from an alternate reality because he really was in the best shape before they were brought back into the picture which laid the path for the crap that should never have happened, though he still must be redeemed somehow with those actions being retconned away.
    huh? so dying over and over, getting jobbed to damian and then getting treated like a dumb little kid by the justice league was better for him? the path of crap had already been laid way for flash war.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Hate to say it but I’m of the beliefs that Wally shouldn’t have kids. It is just too weird with Barry running around and then existing would mean that he should have been like twenty years since Wally became his sidekick. Also I tend to agree with John Byrne’s stance that superheroes should not be given kids (though I find a few exceptions to work) because it ages and changes the character too much and these are timeless characters that should be preserved for generations. So I hope the versions that appeared in the end of this issue are from an alternate reality because he really was in the best shape before they were brought back into the picture which laid the path for the crap that should never have happened, though he still must be redeemed somehow with those actions being retconned away.
    That is your opinion and you are welcome to it. However, I am in the opposite camp and believe that characters should grow over time and not be stuck in an endless loop. Having a family, kids, etc should open the door for further exploration and stories.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    That is your opinion and you are welcome to it. However, I am in the opposite camp and believe that characters should grow over time and not be stuck in an endless loop. Having a family, kids, etc should open the door for further exploration and stories.
    Plus, Wally is the embodiment of the Legacy. If there is one guy who should have children and let them take care of The Flash legacy, it's Wally West.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I agree with most of what you say here but didn't Jenny Ognats from Legionnaires appear first?
    I suppose but Jenni's always been the odd one out. She acted as more a cameo rather than intended to be a longstanding cast member a lot of the time. She's more a LOSH character than Flash character in my eyes (debuted in it), but that might just be my bias. She's in 10x as many Legion stories as Flash or Impulse ones, after all. Heck, one of the two Flash arcs she was really a part of had more Iris II in it than her (Chain Lightning).
    Last edited by Dred; 10-18-2019 at 09:16 AM.