Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46
  1. #31
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta
    Posts
    3,882

    Default

    God bless his soul, Lobdell is trying.

    If this was an issue in a regular monthly, I might quite like it. (He kind of butchered Earth 23, which is my favorite Earth, but that's a minor complaint).

    Hoiwever, this series is clearly setting up a status quo that removes Wally from the rest of the DCU. It's not "Suicide Squad" bad, but I remain cautious.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

    To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    God bless his soul, Lobdell is trying.

    If this was an issue in a regular monthly, I might quite like it. (He kind of butchered Earth 23, which is my favorite Earth, but that's a minor complaint).

    Hoiwever, this series is clearly setting up a status quo that removes Wally from the rest of the DCU. It's not "Suicide Squad" bad, but I remain cautious.
    I still think this is setting up wally to join morrison's tshirt and jeans superman . They are both didio's projects. This clearly leading somewhere. With the crisis thing, on top of the 5G thing. The kids might be being used again. The return of the mobius chair also hints something big.

  3. #33
    Fantastic Member justinslot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    305

    Default

    I'm not reading this because I don't trust Lobdell but you guys are making me think I should pick up the trade. I mean President Superman might be my very favorite alt-Superman.

  4. #34
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    I'm not reading this because I don't trust Lobdell but you guys are making me think I should pick up the trade. I mean President Superman might be my very favorite alt-Superman.
    I’m a wait and see person myself as I would wonder when the other shoe will drop in this mini series.

  5. #35
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Am I the only one annoyed by them recapping and having to mention events that happened in issue 1? I mean seriously, this has only gone for 2 issues and you have to tell people what happened in the last issue?
    It's just a waste of space if you ask me.

  6. #36
    Mighty Member Jody Garland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

    If this was an issue in a regular monthly, I might quite like it. (He kind of butchered Earth 23, which is my favorite Earth, but that's a minor complaint).
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed he kind of messed up Earth-23. I supposes in some ways an outed President Superman has less baggage than a President with a secret identity, but eh.

    i enjoyed this issue. Wally was fun, the multiple Earths were fun, and I personally quite like the Snyder/Didio/Lobdell cosmology.

  7. #37
    Astonishing Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Am I the only one annoyed by them recapping and having to mention events that happened in issue 1? I mean seriously, this has only gone for 2 issues and you have to tell people what happened in the last issue?
    It's just a waste of space if you ask me.
    That's Lobdell for you
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


  8. #38
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    870

    Default

    I don't like Scott Lobdell, but if this issue was written by another writer, it would be liked and praised by the critics. The story is interesting, the concepts are fun, the characterisation is mostly correct, and the plot-twists are interesting and give a sense of hope that is needed in a Flash tite. Lobdell is very doing his best.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

  9. #39
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    "Wally beats up the Marvel Universe" was a fun read

    I knew they were coming back in this series but I wasn't expecting it to be teased so soon.

  10. #40
    Fantastic Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    290

    Default

    I'm digging this so far, it's like a pseudo-sequel to Mutliversity. But I dunno how well the episodic nature of the plot so far is gonna turn out for the rest of this mini, though. This also seems pretty underrated... At least on forums.

  11. #41
    BAMF!!!!! KurtW95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,214

    Default

    Hate to say it but I’m of the beliefs that Wally shouldn’t have kids. It is just too weird with Barry running around and then existing would mean that he should have been like twenty years since Wally became his sidekick. Also I tend to agree with John Byrne’s stance that superheroes should not be given kids (though I find a few exceptions to work) because it ages and changes the character too much and these are timeless characters that should be preserved for generations. So I hope the versions that appeared in the end of this issue are from an alternate reality because he really was in the best shape before they were brought back into the picture which laid the path for the crap that should never have happened, though he still must be redeemed somehow with those actions being retconned away.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

  12. #42
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    So I hope the versions that appeared in the end of this issue are from an alternate reality because he really was in the best shape before they were brought back into the picture which laid the path for the crap that should never have happened, though he still must be redeemed somehow with those actions being retconned away.
    huh? so dying over and over, getting jobbed to damian and then getting treated like a dumb little kid by the justice league was better for him? the path of crap had already been laid way for flash war.

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Hate to say it but I’m of the beliefs that Wally shouldn’t have kids. It is just too weird with Barry running around and then existing would mean that he should have been like twenty years since Wally became his sidekick. Also I tend to agree with John Byrne’s stance that superheroes should not be given kids (though I find a few exceptions to work) because it ages and changes the character too much and these are timeless characters that should be preserved for generations. So I hope the versions that appeared in the end of this issue are from an alternate reality because he really was in the best shape before they were brought back into the picture which laid the path for the crap that should never have happened, though he still must be redeemed somehow with those actions being retconned away.
    That is your opinion and you are welcome to it. However, I am in the opposite camp and believe that characters should grow over time and not be stuck in an endless loop. Having a family, kids, etc should open the door for further exploration and stories.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Guardians of The Galaxy, Absolute Carnage, Justice League, & Shazam!

  14. #44
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    That is your opinion and you are welcome to it. However, I am in the opposite camp and believe that characters should grow over time and not be stuck in an endless loop. Having a family, kids, etc should open the door for further exploration and stories.
    Plus, Wally is the embodiment of the Legacy. If there is one guy who should have children and let them take care of The Flash legacy, it's Wally West.
    The Flash is not about Tragedy - Wally West Appreciation Thread : 376 pages.
    Wally West Appreciation Thread 2018 : 94 pages
    Good stories must survive : https://theflashlives.com/

  15. #45
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I agree with most of what you say here but didn't Jenny Ognats from Legionnaires appear first?
    I suppose but Jenni's always been the odd one out. She acted as more a cameo rather than intended to be a longstanding cast member a lot of the time. She's more a LOSH character than Flash character in my eyes (debuted in it), but that might just be my bias. She's in 10x as many Legion stories as Flash or Impulse ones, after all. Heck, one of the two Flash arcs she was really a part of had more Iris II in it than her (Chain Lightning).
    Last edited by Dred; 10-18-2019 at 09:16 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •