Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    .....crap, am I gonna have to read this? Is DC actually doing right by Wally?

No, can't be. This isn't the 90's anymore, when Wally was one of the hottest characters in comics! He can't be anything more than a punching bag for Barry's benefit or Didio's bias!

Next, you're gonna tell me Richard Rider is getting a new solo title and Kyle Rayner is going to be well written again!
    It's not phenomenal. But, it is very much passable. The story hasn't picked up steam, yet. Building blocks are being laid with major twists. We will know if it's great or a dud when the payoffs happen.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Good to see Wally acting like himself again.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

So far this series has been surprisingly fun and intriguing. I’m still keeping my guard up but, so far so good!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

So I dont want to say I have hope again but with that Cliffhanger, things might be heading someplace better
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

BANNED

I don't know. His children hating him/wanting to do nothing with him upon learning what occurred in sanctuary may just be the story beat prescribed by Didio.

...Okay DC. I was tuning out at first but you have my attention now... We lost one super kid but if we can get two lost ones back in his place, there might be some hope lol

andrewtheotter

I’m really enjoying it. It feels like it’s written to pay some dues to Wally. Not sure how it will erase what happened in HiC (will all those statues come back to life..?).

I don’t really get why reviews have been a little negative Geek Dad’s 6/10 seemed harsh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    president superman saying "may he find some kind of peace when he arrives at the end of his journey" made me instantly think they are definitely killing him off next year.
    I would not put it pass Dan Didio to pull a stunt like that on Wally fans.

BANNED

My personal guess of how the event will end with Linda Park of the new Earth regaining the memories of her former life via the end of this event and Doomsday Clock.

Astonishing Member

Interesting ending.

The contents otherwise were pretty much fluff and some wonky dialogue. I'm not big on Booth's fight scene layouts and 80% of the issue was two fight scenes.

Amusing to see Booth squeeze in his dinosaur drawing into this one.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    My personal guess of how the event will end with Linda Park of the new Earth regaining the memories of her former life via the end of this event and Doomsday Clock.
    Issue 4* comes out the same day as Doomsday Clock 12 (same day as the Batman issue promising answers about Thomas, Hell Arisen, and the JL and B/S issues leading into Hell Arisen). That could be a coincidence. Or it could be a Lightning Saga/Full Throttle/Countdown style Big Day For the Flash (and probably a few other characters) at DC. I'm inclined to believe the latter. If you kind of work out a 6 issue plot, we'll see the kids a bit in #3, Wally will meet them at the very end of #4, we'll find out what they were up to in #5, and everyone will go home in #6. So I think you're probably right, or at least close to it

*whose solicitation includes this juicy line "In this issue, the mysterious world that is causing the Dark Multiverse to bleed into our own will be revealed, and you will not believe what connection it has to the Fastest Man Alive..." - which after reading #2 suggests it's the world the twins are on
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Issue 4* comes out the same day as Doomsday Clock 12 (same day as the Batman issue promising answers about Thomas, Hell Arisen, and the JL and B/S issues leading into Hell Arisen). That could be a coincidence. Or it could be a Lightning Saga/Full Throttle/Countdown style Big Day For the Flash (and probably a few other characters) at DC. I'm inclined to believe the latter. If you kind of work out a 6 issue plot, we'll see the kids a bit in #3, Wally will meet them at the very end of #4, we'll find out what they were up to in #5, and everyone will go home in #6. So I think you're probably right, or at least close to it

*whose solicitation includes this juicy line "In this issue, the mysterious world that is causing the Dark Multiverse to bleed into our own will be revealed, and you will not believe what connection it has to the Fastest Man Alive..." - which after reading #2 suggests it's the world the twins are on
    I'm not sure any overlapping release dates like that matter. They could be related but stuff like this is rarely the case unless they're part of the same series because then you're an art delay away from it all falling apart.

Astonishing Member

I liked seeing a bit of multiversal Justice in the form of President Superman and the Earth-23 guys. There were some cute little beats that just flesh them out that tiniest bit more in a fun way, considering it's a "Wally's just visiting!" chapter of a story. Did not however expect to see the Major Comics heroes of Earth-8, let alone to see the ... fictional? ... Clairmont Era "NEW UNCANNY Z-MEN" added to the line-up. That's just ridiculously fun.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Lobdell really wants to write the Marvel Universe again, huh?

This was great too though. I continue to say that Lobdell should be given another chance at the Titans.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This series has a very strong 90s vibe to it that feels very appropriate given the creative team and the lead character's heyday.

Thus far, this isn't exactly the best comic out there, but it has been a very satisfying one. It's shameless pandering to a deeply abused fanbase, yes, but it's been a heckuva lot of fun.