Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Default Flash Forward #2 Discussion/Spoilers

This is actually turning into a surprisingly good title.

Scott Lobdell offers a new installment where he plays with the idea of Wally traversing the Multiverse in his typical spectacular way. There are quite a few places that Wally visits here like the universe of President Superman where most of the Justice League are black people and even the DC counterpart of the Marvel universe which considering Lobdell's history with that company, it feels appropriate and he actually portrays them in a pretty 90s extravagant manner which makes it even more fitting.

This might be compared to the current story in Justice League which I have called "shallow spectacle" but the thing is that Lobdell himself doesn't overdo it and most importantly, doesn't take it as seriously, this is pretty much pure comic book fun and it seems like the writer is really enjoying exploring this Multiverse.

The best surprise comes at the end though with two important characters appearing and I really hope this brings positive ramifications for Wally.

Brett Booth remains in art duties and he's also pretty fitting here considering his energetic style that also gets the 90s vibe of the story ptetty well.

Solid read, I just hope these changes stay.

I liked a lot too, especially the cliffhanger.

Astonishing Member

I can't believe that Lobdell of all people is handling Wally well(so far).

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

This series is so good it makes me laugh. I think it's nervous.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

You are the symbol of hope when superman himself says you are. That was pretty neat. Especially, the end. This book is leading to something important. That's for sure.

Ya, I don’t get it. This was such a hodgepodge of overwritten nonsense. With an ending designed to keep Wally fans on the hook through the random nonsense that is the story. Like ha, ha, now your trapped with this random twist.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-16-2019 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, I don’t get it. I like Wally as much as the next guy but the landing here, the sheer unsubtly. This was such a hog posh of overwritten nonsense. With an ending designed to keep Wally fans on the hook through the random nonsense that is the story. Like ha, ha, now your trapped with this random twist.
    There wasn't much writing for it be overwritten. It was very simple.Wally who was a reluctant hero the past issue decides to get back into the action. So, what don't you get?

Spectacular Member

president superman saying "may he find some kind of peace when he arrives at the end of his journey" made me instantly think they are definitely killing him off next year.

There wasn’t much written? So much dialogue and narration is thrown at you it’s silly.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-16-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    president superman saying "may he find some kind of peace when he arrives at the end of his journey" made me instantly think they are definitely killing him off next year.
    Indeed, it could end with Wally disappearing in the Dark Multiverse, stopping the incursions for good and passing the torch to Irey and Jai.

But, each issue ends with a symbole of hope. So maybe Flash Forward is about that, to finally embrace hope.

Booth's art looks better with Guerrero's colors, Dalhouse doesn't fit.

Astonishing Member

Are these really Wally's kids or Dark Multiverse versions of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    There wasn’t much written? So much dialogue and narration is thrown at you it’s silly.
    I didn't feel it. Maybe, was too focused on the action. This was wally finally getting his groove back and having a little fun with the avengers and xmen

.....crap, am I gonna have to read this? Is DC actually doing right by Wally?

No, can't be. This isn't the 90's anymore, when Wally was one of the hottest characters in comics! He can't be anything more than a punching bag for Barry's benefit or Didio's bias!

Next, you're gonna tell me Richard Rider is getting a new solo title and Kyle Rayner is going to be well written again!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Are these really Wally's kids or Dark Multiverse versions of them?
    Wally's kids, for real. Irey was using her Impulse costume underneath that cape.