Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,852

    Default Wade Eiling (The Shaggy Man) vs Thunderbolt Ross (Red Hulk)

    Who takes this?

  2. #2

    Default

    They are both capable of tossing the other into space, so it's kind of a coin flip imo.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,161

    Default

    Shaggy Man will tear off his own arm to escape a grapple though.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Shaggy Man will tear off his own arm to escape a grapple though.
    That is a good point.

    Does he have any Rebirth showings? I'm using post crisis in my head currently.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  5. #5
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,114

    Default

    Isn't Eiling much stronger than Red Hulk, anyway ?
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Isn't Eiling much stronger than Red Hulk, anyway ?
    Well.. he was outlasting Superman and Orion at once, so arguably. But a lot of that is just his staying power. He's definitely up there though.

  7. #7
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Well.. he was outlasting Superman and Orion at once, so arguably. But a lot of that is just his staying power. He's definitely up there though.
    Hm ... would Red Hulk even be able to get him in a position where he'd get a BFR, then ? I feel like Eiling would just manhandle him.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  8. #8
    Death of Time Cronus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Wild West
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Eiling's no joke. Superman and Diana combined resorted to BFR'ing the guy to an asteroid. I'm not sure Red Hulk at his height even stands a chance.
    "I know you're in there Banner. I'll get you out!"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Would you give a guy a foot massage?"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "You said clear."
    "I said it looks clear."
    "Well what's it look like now?"
    "Looks clear."

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member Slade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Eiling's no joke. Superman and Diana combined resorted to BFR'ing the guy to an asteroid. I'm not sure Red Hulk at his height even stands a chance.
    Superman and Diana both hit him at the same time at superspeed and all it did was knock him back a bit.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Hm ... would Red Hulk even be able to get him in a position where he'd get a BFR, then ? I feel like Eiling would just manhandle him.
    Honestly, once you hit the Class 100 tier, unless at least one of the characters has some sort of power that allows them to fly/teleport/anchor themselves to the ground/etc..., either fighter should be able to knock the other into space with their first strike.

    Of course, an argument can be made that, unless they have some form of super speed, they shouldn't be able to hit with space tossing force, but that's the kind of scenario which would lead with the Hulk hitting with less force than Quicksilver even if his grip and lifting strength is still in the Class 100 tier.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Honestly, once you hit the Class 100 tier, unless at least one of the characters has some sort of power that allows them to fly/teleport/anchor themselves to the ground/etc..., either fighter should be able to knock the other into space with their first strike.

    Of course, an argument can be made that, unless they have some form of super speed, they shouldn't be able to hit with space tossing force, but that's the kind of scenario which would lead with the Hulk hitting with less force than Quicksilver even if his grip and lifting strength is still in the Class 100 tier.
    In practice though while class 100s do sometimes bop each other vast distances it doesn't tend to happen unless there's an opening they are exploiting or something.

  12. #12
    Swiss army nerd
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    302

    Default

    My headcanon has always been that people like Superman take hits and don't get sent flying 100s of miles because they make the conscious decision to take and resist the hit. They take more damage but they're not being knocked out of the fight/into someone's house. In the really big fights, I figure they get knocked great distances whether they want to or not, and that's when you know it's more serious etc.

    No basis for this other than headcanon for my own satisfaction....

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    They are both capable of tossing the other into space.
    C'mon, it'd be hilarious if they did that simultaneously.

  14. #14
    Mighty Member Shellhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    My headcanon has always been that people like Superman take hits and don't get sent flying 100s of miles because they make the conscious decision to take and resist the hit. They take more damage but they're not being knocked out of the fight/into someone's house. In the really big fights, I figure they get knocked great distances whether they want to or not, and that's when you know it's more serious etc.

    No basis for this other than headcanon for my own satisfaction....
    From a narrative standpoint, this makes sense. A more realistic alternative might look ridiculous. Say that Hulk is fighting the Abomination again. They're both big guys, but neither one weighs more than maybe a half ton. They're both Class 100 in Strength, so they are both capable of hitting a half ton object hard enough to send it hurtling a considerable distance. Unless they started grappling, their fight would consist of taking turns knocking each other long distances and then walking/jogging/running to get back to each other for another hit.

  15. #15
    Death of Time Cronus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Wild West
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Superman and Diana both hit him at the same time at superspeed and all it did was knock him back a bit.
    Uh huh. I'm thinking Eiling might be closer to Juggernaut in power.

    ?
    "I know you're in there Banner. I'll get you out!"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Would you give a guy a foot massage?"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "You said clear."
    "I said it looks clear."
    "Well what's it look like now?"
    "Looks clear."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •