Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wade Eiling (The Shaggy Man) vs Thunderbolt Ross (Red Hulk)

Who takes this?

They are both capable of tossing the other into space, so it's kind of a coin flip imo.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Shaggy Man will tear off his own arm to escape a grapple though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Shaggy Man will tear off his own arm to escape a grapple though.
    That is a good point.

Does he have any Rebirth showings? I'm using post crisis in my head currently.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Isn't Eiling much stronger than Red Hulk, anyway ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Isn't Eiling much stronger than Red Hulk, anyway ?
    Well.. he was outlasting Superman and Orion at once, so arguably. But a lot of that is just his staying power. He's definitely up there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Well.. he was outlasting Superman and Orion at once, so arguably. But a lot of that is just his staying power. He's definitely up there though.
    Hm ... would Red Hulk even be able to get him in a position where he'd get a BFR, then ? I feel like Eiling would just manhandle him.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Eiling's no joke. Superman and Diana combined resorted to BFR'ing the guy to an asteroid. I'm not sure Red Hulk at his height even stands a chance.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Eiling's no joke. Superman and Diana combined resorted to BFR'ing the guy to an asteroid. I'm not sure Red Hulk at his height even stands a chance.
    Superman and Diana both hit him at the same time at superspeed and all it did was knock him back a bit.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Hm ... would Red Hulk even be able to get him in a position where he'd get a BFR, then ? I feel like Eiling would just manhandle him.
    Honestly, once you hit the Class 100 tier, unless at least one of the characters has some sort of power that allows them to fly/teleport/anchor themselves to the ground/etc..., either fighter should be able to knock the other into space with their first strike.

Of course, an argument can be made that, unless they have some form of super speed, they shouldn't be able to hit with space tossing force, but that's the kind of scenario which would lead with the Hulk hitting with less force than Quicksilver even if his grip and lifting strength is still in the Class 100 tier.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Honestly, once you hit the Class 100 tier, unless at least one of the characters has some sort of power that allows them to fly/teleport/anchor themselves to the ground/etc..., either fighter should be able to knock the other into space with their first strike.

Of course, an argument can be made that, unless they have some form of super speed, they shouldn't be able to hit with space tossing force, but that's the kind of scenario which would lead with the Hulk hitting with less force than Quicksilver even if his grip and lifting strength is still in the Class 100 tier.
    In practice though while class 100s do sometimes bop each other vast distances it doesn't tend to happen unless there's an opening they are exploiting or something.

Swiss army nerd

My headcanon has always been that people like Superman take hits and don't get sent flying 100s of miles because they make the conscious decision to take and resist the hit. They take more damage but they're not being knocked out of the fight/into someone's house. In the really big fights, I figure they get knocked great distances whether they want to or not, and that's when you know it's more serious etc.

No basis for this other than headcanon for my own satisfaction....

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    They are both capable of tossing the other into space.
    C'mon, it'd be hilarious if they did that simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    My headcanon has always been that people like Superman take hits and don't get sent flying 100s of miles because they make the conscious decision to take and resist the hit. They take more damage but they're not being knocked out of the fight/into someone's house. In the really big fights, I figure they get knocked great distances whether they want to or not, and that's when you know it's more serious etc.

No basis for this other than headcanon for my own satisfaction....
    From a narrative standpoint, this makes sense. A more realistic alternative might look ridiculous. Say that Hulk is fighting the Abomination again. They're both big guys, but neither one weighs more than maybe a half ton. They're both Class 100 in Strength, so they are both capable of hitting a half ton object hard enough to send it hurtling a considerable distance. Unless they started grappling, their fight would consist of taking turns knocking each other long distances and then walking/jogging/running to get back to each other for another hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Superman and Diana both hit him at the same time at superspeed and all it did was knock him back a bit.
    Uh huh. I'm thinking Eiling might be closer to Juggernaut in power.

?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.