Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Default Absolute Carnage #4 Spoilers

Loved this issue. This one was insane

Continued from Preview with Venom Hulk vs Grendal Carnage and Eddie gearing up with Jury Tech and Captain America's Shield

spoilers:

- Eddie begins fighting the army of Carnage dopplegangers. Carnage Miles attacks
    - Grendal Carnage gains the upper hand and begins absorbing Venom Hulk (three tendrils attacking his brain)
    - Carnage Miles taunts Eddie but Eddie understands what Miles is going through. Talking won't help. He uses Jury Weapons and Cap's Shield as a conductor and electro-shocks the symbiote off of Miles
    - Miles tells Eddie that Carnage gets stronger with every Codex he absorbs. If Carnage gets Venom, he'll be unstoppable
    - Unfortunately after Miles told Eddie this, Carnage absorbed Venom from the Hulk. Carnage mutates even more. (Venom parts of the symbiote grows antlers and wings)
    - Captain America shows up. Thanks Brock and tells him they'll take it from here. Cap, Wolverine, and The Thing begin fighting Grendal Carnage
    - Norman Carnage fights Spider-Man, Grendal Carnage defeats the trio
    - Miles tells Eddie the Maker lied to him. The machine he built extracts codices but it doesn't destroy them, it collects them.
    - Carnage says he's going to awaken a god. Eddie absorbs all the codices (symbiotes and skills) stored in the machine (Captain America's, Wolvie's, Thing's, Hawkeye's, etc) and becomes a powerful new Winged Venom
    - Issue ends with aerial chase Grendal Varnage pursued by Venom
    end of spoilers

Pros:

- Insane fights
    - Eddie's Characterization. He may not have plan, but he's got courage.
    - Eddie/Peter Interaction
    - The crazy twists
    - The ending. Its like Eddie found Airwolf! Pumped for the final Venom vs Carnage Confrontation

Cons:
    - No mention or appearance of Sleeper after the preview
    - Ending pretty much confirms he'll be alone once the event is done.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 10-16-2019 at 12:18 PM.

BANNED

Carnage! Carnage everywhere! I don't think hardcore Hulk fans will like how he got owned here. It seems that outside his book all he can do is lose. This is his second loss after losing his bout with the thing. Carnage calling him a child in madness compared to him does seem pushing it to batshit territory. Eddie becoming a chimera venom to take on both his symbiote and knull empowered Carnage does somewhat remind me of the climax of metal. That event led to the breaking of the source wall so you have to wonder if something similarly epoch breaking is going to occur which calls for Eddie to recollect his thoughts/ hide/rest with a sojourn to symbiote island.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Carnage! Carnage everywhere! I don't think hardcore Hulk fans will like how he got owned here. It seems that outside his book all he can do is lose. This is his second loss after losing his bout with the thing. Carnage calling him a child in madness compared to him does seem pushing it to batshit territory. Eddie becoming a chimera venom to take on both his symbiote and knull empowered Carnage does somewhat remind me of the climax of metal. That event led to the breaking of the source wall so you have to wonder if something similarly epoch breaking is going to occur which calls for Eddie to recollect his thoughts/ hide/rest with a sojourn to symbiote island.
    Hulk losing that easily was lame, he ironically looked better in the previous issue, where all he did was punch Cletus once, which Cletus felt, here he doesn't even care and he just gets easily taken out.

I don't even know what that brain thing was, but I doubt it'd really "turn off" Hulk, so yeah, there just wasn't much point to this, unless the next issue has Eddie getting Banner's Codex to stack even further with the powers he got for now, so Hulk's whole use was to distract Cletus for a few minutes and power up Eddie...

Fantastic Member

Wasn't too pleased with Hulk getting Wolverine level jobbed, and the continuity errors with Miles, but it was pretty interesting

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    Wasn't too pleased with Hulk getting Wolverine level jobbed, and the continuity errors with Miles, but it was pretty interesting
    You mean when Absolute Carnage: Miles Morales #3 ended with Miles in control of the symbiote, but when we see him again in AC proper, he's under Dark Carnage's sway again? Yeah, that disappointed me, too, but the rest was still pretty good.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You mean when Absolute Carnage: Miles Morales #3 ended with Miles in control of the symbiote, but when we see him again in AC proper, he's under Dark Carnage's sway again? Yeah, that disappointed me, too, but the rest was still pretty good.
    What got me was how did Miles know exactly how Maker's machine was working when he's been MIA since issue #2? That entire segment just really came across as sloppy.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Fantastic Member

Egggg-zactly

This was...good...but only for certain parts. I'm in agreement about the random continuity errors (not good for a major event and when the tie-in miniseries came out just the week before. I thought Marvel got past this?) and even the art this time around took a fall. Towards the end, where it looks more like a montage than a narrative, it fell apart for me. The issue read too fast and seemed like it wasn't even necessary. I wonder what the harm was in keeping the main series to four issues as intended? Did Stegman not have enough time to finish the artwork? Did Cates have more planned? Who knows, but I'm just waiting for this to end.

I have one question:

spoilers:
    Is Cletus a Gama Mutant now (and a One Above All's vessel)?
    end of spoilers

Yeah, AC#4 could either say that he eventually lost control, or that he was still in control but was having a hard time to fight it, but the comic acts like his tie-in never happened lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    What got me was how did Miles know exactly how Maker's machine was working when he's been MIA since issue #2? That entire segment just really came across as sloppy.
    All that Miles knew is that other codices are inside the machine, he even says "I don't know what Maker told you (Eddie) about that device...", all he knows is that the codice are in the machine because he felt it, and that alledgedly it was supposed to remove and destroy, but he only knows about "remove and destroy" because Eddie told him just a moment earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    I have one question:

spoilers:
    Is Cletus a Gama Mutant now (and a One Above All's vessel)?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Maybe? From what Eddie says when he gets the codices from Maker's machine, it seems that at least the codice has the powers, but the symbiotes don't tend to get such powers, so he probably isn't, but maybe could be considered if he gets Banner's codex.

Then again, did he manage to get Ross'? 'Cause if so, maybe he can be considered...
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-16-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    I wish that fight would have lasted longer. Hulk with a Venom Symbiote would be insanely strong.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    That part left me scratching my head too. How would Miles of all people know this? If Bruce was the one that told Eddie this it would make light years more sense

cool issue besides the miles mistakes its great. Eddie and Peter's moment was sweet I treat them as brothers now. So when Eddie gets back his symbiote he should have the extra power from Hulk as well right? Wonder how this will end cause I don't expect Knull to be revived but he kinda does have to be revived at some point though?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    cool issue besides the miles mistakes its great. Eddie and Peter's moment was sweet I treat them as brothers now. So when Eddie gets back his symbiote he should have the extra power from Hulk as well right?
    I'm not sure he'll get the power, it seems only the Codex keeps a part of the power of the person, and as we saw with Flash's Codex, when it's used, it's short lived, so I don't think Eddie will have Hulk's power, if he gets Banner's Codex, then it'll last only during this event.

Wonder how this will end cause I don't expect Knull to be revived but he kinda does have to be revived at some point though?
    The event is all about Cletus working for Knull, if Knull were to be brought back, then he'll be defeated in one issue without doing much lol.

Eventually he'll probably come back, but probably in another crossover, and maybe either at the beginning of it, or around the middle, possibly right at the end too, Doom did steal Beyonder's power at the end of the original Secret Wars, but not at the last issue.

Gates needs to get on a Spiderman ongoing seriously some day. Wouldn’t mind seeing him tackle a Spiderman/Venom ongoing either. I just absolutely love this guys work.

Granted this issue was a bit all over the place at times but man this Absolute Carnage hasn’t been one fun ride. Gates as added so many layers to the relationship between Eddie and Peter. That short interaction between the two was some really powerful stuff especially when you consider their long complicated violent history.

Can’t wait for the conclusion. Gates writes hands down the best version of Eddie Brock I’ve ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Gates needs to get on a Spiderman ongoing seriously some day. Wouldn’t mind seeing him tackle a Spiderman/Venom ongoing either. I just absolutely love this guys work.

Granted this issue was a bit all over the place at times but man this Absolute Carnage hasn’t been one fun ride. Gates as added so many layers to the relationship between Eddie and Peter. That short interaction between the two was some really powerful stuff especially when you consider their long complicated violent history.

Can’t wait for the conclusion. Gates writes hands down the best version of Eddie Brock I’ve ever read.
    your autocorrect mess you up and I would love a Spidey/Venom team up book after this he writes their dynamic so well
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy