Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Does anyone in this forum actually like this series???

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Does anyone in this forum actually like this series???
    Probably not.

In all seriousness, I’m curious how massive a drop in sales Issue 2 is going to have from Issue 1. I’m expecting they’ll be one but considering how pretty much a lot of people are saying everywhere I can see that they dropped the series after the first issue, I’m honestly expecting a pretty sharp drop in sales at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    Probably not.

In all seriousness, I’m curious how massive a drop in sales Issue 2 is going to have from Issue 1. I’m expecting they’ll be one but considering how pretty much a lot of people are saying everywhere I can see that they dropped the series after the first issue, I’m honestly expecting a pretty sharp drop in sales at this point.
    Same, unfortunately. There are factors against this book, mostly created by Marvel and the Spider-Office, but I don't think it's completely fair for people to not at least see it through (it's five issues, not an ongoing)

If people didn't like read something, I believe it's completely fair they don't see it through. What is the point of spend money on something that neither interest you nor pleasure you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    If people didn't like read something, I believe it's completely fair they don't see it through. What is the point of spend money on something that neither interest you nor pleasure you?
    I'd agree if it were an ongoing, because then it wouldn't end and there would be no point. But with a miniseries, to me, you bought the first issue, why not at least keep it going?

I'd agree if it were an ongoing, because then it wouldn't end and there would be no point. But with a miniseries, to me, you bought the first issue, why not at least keep it going?
    Because it isn't interesting or pleasure. If you are so curious how it'll end, you can read the spoilers here later, which is free.

Plus you really don't want Marvel continue to sell a bad miniseries, otherwise they'll continue to produce bad miniseries like this one because it makes money anyway.

i don’t think anyone could be judged for not buying more than a single issue of anything if it’s not to taste. with the ability to read pirate copies online, flick through a book in store or borrow a mate’s...the fact that you put money into giving it a chance at all is great in today’s world. it’s more than i’m willing to invest in this story

i do understand that by not reading a whole series you might not be getting an accurate feel for the story quality as a whole...but that’s the disadvantage of the format the medium publishes in. people can always buy the trade later
    troo fan or death

Once you redeem the digital code for an #1, you are locked into a pact with the hell prince Mammon, god of greed. Once this is done, you must purchase and redeem every issue of a limited series or at least a complete single arc of an ongoing (ideally whatever's in the first trade), lest your soul be damned to the void.

I will not be caught in the spider's web. I will grind it to nothing between my teeth.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Especially when there are so many other Spidey related books some of which are killing it (such as Amazing and Absolute Carnage for example)
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

If you don't like your entertainment, why get caught in the sunk cost fallacy? Besides, there are legal ways to read it free, like libraries, if you want to see later on if it was your cup of tea after all.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Okay, Jesus...I was just saying a point. No need to pile on. Once was enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Once you redeem the digital code for an #1, you are locked into a pact with the hell prince Mammon, god of greed. Once this is done, you must purchase and redeem every issue of a limited series or at least a complete single arc of an ongoing (ideally whatever's in the first trade), lest your soul be damned to the void.

I will not be caught in the spider's web. I will grind it to nothing between my teeth.
    No wonder there are so many crossovers .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Especially when there are so many other Spidey related books some of which are killing it (such as Amazing and Absolute Carnage for example)
    Superior Spider-Man as well. Saddened it's coming to an end.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Really not for me. I gave this issue a try after not enjoying the first just to see if it improved. It didn’t. I’m out.
    Same here.

Those slighting the Art need to remember who she needed to work with and who would also tell her whether or not she was capturing what the writer wanted. Same with the Inks.

This stinks of her being assigned to "collaborate" when really it was to use her name to give the book Legitimacy on Marvels part. What with her helping to sculpt Miles and all.

It is sounding like this will go down as an Epic failure by Marvel.