Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This what we doing now? The themes draw right from Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    it was boring trite and cliched

faye is a cliche manic pixie dam girl who has no character other than to be a catalyst for ben. we don’t even know why ben likes her other than she’s female and has asian stereotype colored streaked hair.
    That costume probably didn't hurt .

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I didn't hate the first issue and thought about picking up the second just to see how the story progressed but I decided to pass. To be honest, it wasn't the writing that made me put it back on the shelf, it was the art. Sorry, but Pichelli's art just looks ugly to me in this book. I didn't think much of it in the first issue and it looks even worse in the second. Maybe I'm in the minority on this and most everyone else thinks it looks great (and more power to them if it does) but, for me, yuck. I know she's under exclusive contract at Marvel but I hope they let her go - or at least don't put her on anything I have an interest in.
    We know Pichelli can do very strong work and art. I don't think the inking and coloring has been as strong on this book as it was, say, when she was working on the Ultimate books.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I dropped this one after the first issue so I have nothing to contribute. For those who are still reading, I hope this series continues to entertain you but it just isn't for me.
    wish i was like you once i start reading a series no matter how bad it gets I tend to read it to the end just to respect my investment in it(fairy tail)
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It wasn't that bad, but it still wasn't as good as it could be. That said, interesting reversal of the classic motto --- "great responsibility" is what bestows "great power," not necessarily the other way around. I'll stick around just to see how it finishes up, and if there is any hope for improvement for Peter or Ben II, let alone the other characters, in this.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I dropped this one after the first issue so I have nothing to contribute. For those who are still reading, I hope this series continues to entertain you but it just isn't for me.
    We have similar tastes, that extends to this.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Well according to Comichron, Issue #1 was the second best selling comic of September, behind Spawn #300.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Now that I think about it, the girl reminds me a lot of Tim Seeley's Defacer character from his Nightwing run.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Well according to Comichron, Issue #1 was the second best selling comic of September, behind Spawn #300.
    First issue + "big-name creative team" = pretty much guaranteed sell.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'll be interested to see how this (the second issue) preforms. For example, I purchased the first issue out of curiosity before being turned off by the narrative.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I think about it, the girl reminds me a lot of Tim Seeley's Defacer character from his Nightwing run.

Yeah, question is if the other 4 are still gonna sell well, obviously none of them will particularly sell better than the first one, but we'll see if it'll still keep selling well.

at least Peter has a male heir for once to suit up: up until now it's been mainly women.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    at least Peter has a male heir for once to suit up: up until now it's been mainly women.
    Are we still practicing Salic Law? I was under the impression in modern democracies at least, that women have equal inheritance rights.

And in any case as far as male heir of the mantle Spider-Man goes...the kid has a name and it's Miles Morales.

When Benny the Ball reaches 100 comics for an ongoing like Mayday did, or break big like Miles...then we'll talk.

BANNED

unless this series vastly improves, JJ Abrahms foray into Spidey will be quite forgettable.....and after years of trying to snag him..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I mean, if that's all that's going on for him, then he's gonna be forgotten a month after the mini ends lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    unless this series vastly improves, JJ Abrahms foray into Spidey will be quite forgettable.....and after years of trying to snag him..
    Maybe they could suddenly improve like Zdarsky, I'm not expecting it, but it'd be nice if it does happen.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-19-2019 at 01:36 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Oh, yeah, I liked her a lot, actually, and I wouldn't mind Ben II growing into a more swashbuckling, freewheeling personality similar to Nightwing's as he adjusts to his powers and starts to get over his issues with Peter/Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Really not for me. I gave this issue a try after not enjoying the first just to see if it improved. It didn’t. I’m out.