Astonishing Member

Default Good news for Superman fans in today's Earth-2 #26

spoilers:

Evil Superman wasn't Superman but a Bizarro-like clone created by Darkseid. No mention of E-2 Superman's real fate.
    I am not interested in E-2, but I think that this development deserved a mention here.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Reminded me of the end to 'The Nail'.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Man between this and Action comics the Superman fans are on win mode

^your right the annual and the newest issue from action comics were both wins

BANNED

Awesome to hear.

Good news. Doesn't give back the ridiculous amount of time focused on him, but its still good to know that the real E2 Superman died defending Earth.

I was so happy when that happened. Though they showed Darkseid creating a Superman clone in his Villains Month issue.

Loved how Val handled the situation without throwing a punch staying true to his pacifist stance.

This also lessens the possible identities for Masked Superman down by one.

Not that I was banking on him, I've got all my chips on him simply being our Superman.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Loved how Val handled the situation without throwing a punch staying true to his pacifist stance.
    Made annoying by the whole advertisement at the back screaming "MAN THAT SISSY BETTER MAN UP AND START THROWING SOME PUNCHES OR WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE".

But yeah, this is good, specifically the note that a monster is a thing Superman could NEVER be. For all the crap he's had to work with, Taylor is clearly a dude who gets Superman--which is why, when handled the moronic job of doing him all eeeevil, he knows how to make him legitimately disturbing and scary (in what I've seen of Earth 2) or a meaningful commentary on what Superman isn't (in what I've seen of Injustice). Anyone who doubts that, read his "Man of Yesterday" story.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This also lessens the possible identities for Masked Superman down by one.

Not that I was banking on him, I've got all my chips on him simply being our Superman.
    From this image released a few weeks back it looks like Masked Superman is actually Shazam.

Amazing Member

Thank god. E2 has been difficult to read since Bruutal and I stopped after the Kent family dinner screen, so this is good!

Amazing Member

Good. When I read Taylor's tweet about Evil Superman as unredeemable, I was worried that this was indeed the real Superman brought to life just to ruin him and elevate Val. Then I remembered that monster Superman that appeared in Darkseid's issue. Now that I read this issue I was relieved. A Bizarro-like clone it's a simple yet elegant solution to the aparent reappearance of Kal.

It makes sense that Darkseid would clone a Superman, if he had a plan to clone Batman in Final Crisis and then use a failed clone to troll his friends it's fitting that he would clone Supetman, albeit not as perfect as it seemed.

Taylor saying he was irredeemable, and last month's blurb for this month's issue saying "Death of a Kryptonian" to me were two big hints that Bruutal was going to be revealed to not really be Kal-El.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Made annoying by the whole advertisement at the back screaming "MAN THAT SISSY BETTER MAN UP AND START THROWING SOME PUNCHES OR WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE".

But yeah, this is good, specifically the note that a monster is a thing Superman could NEVER be. For all the crap he's had to work with, Taylor is clearly a dude who gets Superman--which is why, when handled the moronic job of doing him all eeeevil, he knows how to make him legitimately disturbing and scary (in what I've seen of Earth 2) or a meaningful commentary on what Superman isn't (in what I've seen of Injustice). Anyone who doubts that, read his "Man of Yesterday" story.
    Taylor is a great Superman writer, that DC keeps him off Superman books. Now with Johns it makes all sense. I read Injustice and i'm surprised how good he is with crap premise. Also his female characters are so great, harley and Black canary was awesomeł.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    From this image released a few weeks back it looks like Masked Superman is actually Shazam.

Why would Shazam cares about Lois? I don't think is him. best clue: Clark kent dissappeared.

Astonishing Member

It might just be me but I don't really understand why it's important that E2 Superman wasn't Brutaal. It's an alternate Earth where he wasn't a big part of the story anyways.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory