Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Well, duh, they certainly aren't allowed.
    But they can see Moira

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    But they can see Moira
    We haven't seen that Inhuman for a while and Madam Web doesn't always give warnings about these things either. Plus, it's probably still early on. Plenty of people who can see into the future might want to give the X-Men a chance.

We haven't seen that Inhuman for a while and Madam Web doesn't always give warnings about these things either. Plus, it's probably still early on. Plenty of people who can see into the future might want to give the X-Men a chance.
    He ascended to godhood at the end of that crap event.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    What about non mutant precogs like that inhuman dude or Madam Web
    Even assuming someone salvages Ulysses from limbo in the future, he is A) probably be more focused on the hole Ike’s vendetta wrote the Inhumans as an IP into and B) not a precog in the way Destiny or Veil are. He’s calculates probable realities/outcomes which, while probably great for trying to map out the future of an enclosed inhuman society, can be manipulated (see Hydra!Cap) or fooled (again, Hydra!Cap)

As for Web, didn’t the destruction of the Web of Life and Destiny deactivate her powers?

Mystical precog could be a problem, namely Agatha... and Wanda

I wonder if they'll retract their invite for Franklin if they find out he's been known to have prophetic dreams.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Amazing Member

This post makes me think on why we didn't see fantomex also.
    Despite theoreis about xavier still using his body (proteus is using a husk made from xavier) he also enter's in the same logic as "why precog's cannot be allowed". In remender's run on x-force,and in other's, is shown that he is a "glitch" in the multiverse (captain britain said that only exists one version from him) and able to see/track mutants with nondetection powers (like forgetmenot). I wonder if sinestro knows about moira or if destiny diares would talk about her...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by reis9999 View Post
    This post makes me think on why we didn't see fantomex also.
    Despite theoreis about xavier still using his body (proteus is using a husk made from xavier) he also enter's in the same logic as "why precog's cannot be allowed". In remender's run on x-force,and in other's, is shown that he is a "glitch" in the multiverse (captain britain said that only exists one version from him) and able to see/track mutants with nondetection powers (like forgetmenot). I wonder if sinestro knows about moira or if destiny diares would talk about her...
    This brings up a good point, not just about Fantomex, but about a host of other mutants who aren't normally thought up to be precogs. And it makes you wonder just how they're explaining all of this to the rest of the mutant population.

"I'm sorry, we can't bring back your friends or family because they're not the right kind of mutant."

Even if we do not have a precog mutant alive at this time or in Krakoa given the mutant nature one of these can awaken its powers or be born at any time.

And some psychics have already experienced visions of the future among the X-men.

It will not be an easy thing to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    As for Web, didn’t the destruction of the Web of Life and Destiny deactivate her powers?
    You mean in Spider-Geddon? Cassandra Webb was dead already, she passed her powers to Julia Carpenter when she died. During Clone Conspiracy, Cassandra was cloned, and Julia seemed to be depowered. The clone didn't survive, and Julia didn't show up in Spider-Geddon at all. So it looks like Madame Web's powers have been lost, and the destruction of the Web of Life and Destiny isn't why. The Web has actually now been restored, by the way, thanks to Spiderling, as revealed in the new Spider-Verse mini that just started.

Quote Originally Posted by reis9999 View Post
    I wonder if sinestro knows about moira or if destiny diares would talk about her...
    You mean Mr Sinister? Sinestro is a Green Lantern villain.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-17-2019 at 12:43 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I'm not sure it makes it tasteless. I think it makes it very sad that Ruth probably foresaw that there would be a world that was a utopia for most mutants, but because of who she is, she would not be able to take part in it.

I think there's a very definitive feeling that even though mutants are apparently free and everything is fine, some people are still going to be discriminated against. You don't have the right power, you aren't enough of a mutant, your got your powers the wrong way, etc.
    This definitely makes her death more upsetting. It also makes me wonder, considering we've been told that everything is connected, if Ruth was placed in a position in which she needed to die.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Longshot will be not welcome, then. His psychometry allows him to 'read' the future by touching things and people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Longshot will be not welcome, then. His psychometry allows him to 'read' the future by touching things and people.
    I think he reads the past? But that would be similar lol. He can just touch Mag's cap. Plus, is he a mutant?

I guess Adrienne Frost won't be resurrected.

What happens when they rescue a precog kid?

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think he reads the past? But that would be similar lol.
    He usually reads the past, but he can read the future, too. I guess it depends of how strong is the psychic imprint, of what elements are more relevant, those from past or those from future.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Plus, is he a mutant?
    It's arguable if Longshot is a mutant or not. He sure has got a genetical predisposition to unsubmission (put by Arize) which separates him from the rest of slaves created by the Spineless, but may a built being be 'natural' or 'mutant'? May a clon be one thing or another? It's a construction in any case.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 10-18-2019 at 03:47 AM.

Broo is welcome in Krakoa, so you don't have to be Homo superior, just "mutant."

We don't know that. Broo's with the Agents of Wakanda right now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman