Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Didn't the Sinister Secret only imply cheating? It didn't say the group would be together.
    No, it said they were sleeping around but implied they were all okay with it. That's polyamory. It did not say each party had to **** each one of each other to qualify. Scott and Logan and Jean and Emma do not have to **** their same-gender opposite number for it to qualify, though I am not at all opposed to that.

The room list is just a gag regardless, but I imagine that'll be realized over time.
    Based on what?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

The room list is just a gag regardless, but I imagine that'll be realized over time.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Based on what?
    For the sake of fairness, the rooms' numbering is off. There might or might not have been some chickening out going on.

That being said, Scott and Logan are totally doing it in Jean's room when she's not around because screw walking those additional fifteen steps. Just saying the x-office might backpedal on some of the originally implied content. Meh, it most likely will, let's be real, here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    For the sake of fairness, the rooms' numbering is off. There might or might not have been some chickening out going on.
    Is it that? Because I'd have to look again but the impression I got is the placement, not the numbering is simply wonky because they explicitly wanted to make people notice the weirdness of the rooms' positioning and call attn to the implication - that Jean is having it off with both men while Logan stays in the Summers family home.

I'm trying to figure out what Hickman is trying to do here.
    First X-Lady

Is it that? Because I'd have to look again but the impression I got is the placement, not the numbering is simply wonky because they explicitly wanted to make people notice the weirdness of the rooms' positioning and call attn to the implication - that Jean is having it off with both men while Logan stays in the Summers family home.
    Regardless of their current relationship status, Scott and Jean are the patriarchal and matriarchal figure of the Summers-Grey clan. Why on Earth would Logan's numbering precede Jean's?

Clearly, Hickman meant it as a "The boys hooked up, will let her stay and occasionally have sex with her to make her feel pretty" joke, but the x-office shut it the efff down.

BANNED

Regardless of their current relationship status, Scott and Jean are the patriarchal and matriarchal figure of the Summers-Grey clan. Why on Earth would Logan's numbering precede Jean's?
    The reason it does in the diagram is to show she's hooking up with both of them, but I take your joke.

The reason it does in the diagram is to show she's hooking up with both of them, but I take your joke.
    That's the editorially-mandated cover-up, obviously. Which is the whole point. Also, kinda totally not joking about the obviously aborted Scogan joke.

The 13/14/15 and 16/17/18 blocks are sequential. Scott, Logan and Jean's (in that order) isn't. Clearly, the boys picked their rooms first and then remembered Jeansus would murder the crap out of them if they didn't let her in on the action and let her think she was the (literal, lol) center of their world. Mmm. It just dawned on me that Gorgon was probably meant to have room #12 and that Havok was originally meant to be Jean's sacrificial boy toy.

BANNED

Clearly! 10c

BANNED

No, it said they were sleeping around but implied they were all okay with it. That's polyamory. It did not say each party had to **** each one of each other to qualify. Scott and Logan and Jean and Emma do not have to **** their same-gender opposite number for it to qualify, though I am not at all opposed to that.

Based on what?
    Just saying the x-office might backpedal on some of the originally implied content. Meh, it most likely will, let's be real, here.
    1. Corporate will keep the biggest characters mainstream. That's why the safest bet, if you get any poly at all with the most marketable characters , is a guy with two girlfriends, because people think that's cool.

2. Nostalgia rules and some characters are even more locked into "classic" forms than others, i.e. Jean Grey. You know if she's in this thing, they're just kidding around.

But I could be wrong. We'll see over time.

BANNED

The insistence that Scott can **** around but Jean must never because fans are supposedly only tied to Jean specifically never sleeping with another man strikes me as both sexist and wildly untrue and inaccurate, but okay, whatever. What we now know is only one of them has a connecting bedroom with a longtime potential flame who has no other reason to live on that biome.

If and when "poly" turns out to be simply Cyclops switching between sleeping with Jean and Emma, just remember that polyamory was never actually said or implied to be in the books. Yall are likely setting yourselves up for disappointment.
    This! I honestly don’t even think it’s that! Hickman is being a great marketer! He’s getting people talking and he hasn’t had to make anything explicit. Well see.

BANNED

The insistence that Scott can **** around but Jean must never because fans are supposedly only tied to Jean specifically never sleeping with another man strikes me as both sexist and wildly untrue and inaccurate, but okay, whatever. What we now know is only one of them has a connecting bedroom with a longtime potential flame who has no other reason to live on that biome.
    That's just the rule and believe me when I say I'm not in favor of it.

I'm 10000% ok with being wrong. I just know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    This! I honestly don’t even think it’s that! Hickman is being a great marketer! He’s getting people talking and he hasn’t had to make anything explicit. Well see.
    I don't want to be misconstrued as some kind of "traditional family values" weirdo. I think things should get explicit. I just don't think they will. Not given the characters involved.

That little X-Twitter tirade was over the top, btw.

BANNED

That's just the rule
    Cite your source. Opinion is fine, but it's not fact.

BANNED

Cite your source. Opinion is fine, but it's not fact.
    I have no fact, but it's like the theory of gravity at this point; almost fact. We've got 56 years of data and counting.

I'm just saying I wouldn't bet on it and allowing myself the opportunity to say "I told you guys it was just an in-joke" after a few years.

BANNED

I have no fact, but it's like the theory of gravity at this point; almost fact. We've got 56 years of data and counting.
    Data with absence of exposure. Jean was dead a lot of those years Scott was with other people. When you're dead you don't get a ton of chances to play the field.

As for the future, we shall soon see.