Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    HiX-Man clearly enjoys "messing with fan base" (we are such easy tergets). He may appreciate and even stoke our zeal and fun and fan-fic sillyness but...he clearly knows and understands these characters and their histories and while he's willing to push the boundaries in certain aspects (as with the definition of relationships in the X-Verse) he's not going to go completely 180 ° on established and respected canon. That's to say...he's not going to turn Scott, Jean, Emma and Logan gay/bisexual. Regardless of how much Editorial freedom he's afforded.
    I get what you're saying, but it's just rather puzzling that folks are totally cool with all the retcons and arbitrary repositioning, but characters going through an experimental phase is... taking it too far? I mean, would it really be that huge of a deal if Scott and Logan took turns screwing each other that one evening, realized they were hard zeroes on the Kinsey scale, called it a quits and went to a sports bar with Lorna and Ororo?

He would have clearly...hopefully... learnt from the Bendis/Iceman circus.
    Having an entitled princess bully a closeted dudebro into stepping out of the closet at the last isn't quote the same as grown-ups quietly experimenting on their own time from the get-go, though.

On a humorous side note, it will never not be funny how some folks freaked out over Bendis allegedly never dropping any hints of Bobby's repressed sexual orientation. The kid acted like stealing a jeep and going on a bro date at the county fair was the awesomest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I’m so sorry, didn’t mean to bring this up.

We need smut fanfic lel
    Oh, lol, I have had lots of therapy to get over the scars of my childhood, I am pretty good these days. My sister and I are really close which makes up for a lack in other parts of my life.

I found when I started writing I got a bit maudlin and depressing. I guess that's part of what writing is about it tends to bring out things you internalize.

But of course writing some smutty Jean and Emma fanfic is a lot of wonderful and sexy fun. I can imagine all the things that Emma and Jean do in The White Palace, I am sure Emma has the most delightful dungeon in the basement where Jean can tie Emma up and do so many enticing and naughty things to Emma!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Oh, lol, I have had lots of therapy to get over the scars of my childhood, I am pretty good these days. My sister and I are really close which makes up for a lack in other parts of my life.

I found when I started writing I got a bit maudlin and depressing. I guess that's part of what writing is about it tends to bring out things you internalize.
    I’m glad you are doing better now xoxo keep being you!

But of course writing some smutty Jean and Emma fanfic is a lot of wonderful and sexy fun. I can imagine all the things that Emma and Jean do in The White Palace, I am sure Emma has the most delightful dungeon in the basement where Jean can tie Emma up and do so many enticing and naughty things to Emma!
    I think Hickman needs your assistance! Go get that dough

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Edited....
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-20-2019 at 07:20 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I get what you're saying, but it's just rather puzzling that folks are totally cool with all the retcons and arbitrary repositioning, but characters going through an experimental phase is... taking it too far? I mean, would it really be that huge of a deal if Scott and Logan took turns screwing each other that one evening, realized they were hard zeroes on the Kinsey scale, called it a quits and went to a sports bar with Lorna and Ororo.
    Neither Scott nor Logan is going to Sub to the other in the bedroom.

The only part of this that i'm interested is Jean/Emma. Not because i think that i make sense, i'm just a really horny *******
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Even if Scott went into an experimental phase, I don't see him going for Logan. On the other hand, the reverse isn't true.

While I won't call it "taking things too far"...this is fiction after all and what's on page is writer-directive...I personally don't care to see Scott and Logan or Emma and Jean **** each other even if it's one time, implied or explicit...and I'm Gay As ****. Some things are best left to one's imaginary fan-fiction.

And...do two guys /girls really need to **** each other to "figure out" that they're not gay?
    I certainly did not need to sleep with a woman to figure out whether I'm gay or straight.
    I honestly think Hickman is going to hint at everything. I can't imagine Marvel have 4 of its most popular characters/ stars of one of their highest selling franchises be visibly in a poly relationship. But I'm think it would make for interesting stories if they do!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Edited....
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-20-2019 at 07:20 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

While I won't call it "taking things too far"...this is fiction after all and what's on page is writer-directive...I personally don't care to see Scott and Logan or Emma and Jean **** each other even if it's one time, implied or explicit...and I'm Gay As ****. Some things are best left to one's imaginary fan-fiction.
    I don't particularly care either about the logistics/visuals. It's just that leaving such things to the imagination usually diminishes the weight of whatever statement (assuming there's a genuine one to begin with) is being made. The whining will be freakin' unbearable if this thing fizzles/backfires on its own. That being said, it'd be hilarious if x-fans ruined the whole thing by asking wildly inappropriate questions at conventions.

And...do two guys /girls really need to **** each other to "figure out" that they're not gay?
    I certainly did not need to sleep with a woman to figure out whether I'm gay or straight.
    We're talking about two superpowered whackjobs who've been butting heads for a decade and are suddenly getting along and pawing each other for no apparent reason. There's nothing particularly relatable/empowering/groundbreaking/offensive/whatever about these two clowns thinking they might be a 1 on the Kinsey scale.

Edited....
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-20-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Ahhh!
    Going by your terminology, your views and interpretations of Scott and Logan's history and relationship are so...very different from mine. I can see why you believe and post what you do.
    Probably not, though. I know Scott and Logan are straight. I'd never seriously ship these two. Just poking fun at the writers/editors who unwittingly wrote a gay fairytale and the subsequent writers/editors/fans who won't own up to/acknowledge it. Xavier/Magneto on steroids but with more 'Nuh-huh, it isn't so, stop it!', basically. Funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The only part of this that i'm interested is Jean/Emma. Not because i think that i make sense,i'm just a really horny *******
    Aren’t we all, my brother

Edited....
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-20-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Subtext?