Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

There’s the added complexity that she is a white woman who took over the body of an Asian woman, at the hands of a man who was making her into the object of his desires… there’s guilt that’s legitimately hers and guilt that isn’t, guilt she’s feeling because the men responsible for it won’t feel it like they should.
    Was the story retconned? Did Betsy steal Kwannon's body? Or did she refuse to give it back when she could?
    In the original story, the body swap was done without either her or Kwannon's consent. So she wouldn't have to feel guilty.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

ugh everyone's meh attitude towards Excalibur is concerning.

I want it to do well for Betsy, Rogue and Gambit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Was the story retconned? Did Betsy steal Kwannon's body? Or did she refuse to give it back when she could?
    In the original story, the body swap was done without either her or Kwannon's consent. So she wouldn't have to feel guilty.
    Shes had several opportunities to go back to her original body since then. She didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    It's a shame 3 of my favorite X-characters(Gambit, Jubilee, and Rogue) are regulated to this book because I really have no interest in it. Gambit and Rogue should be in the main X-book(X-Men)… so should Storm and Bishop. Hopefully Jubilee shows up in Wolverine down the line.
    Yea gotta agree here. I like Rogue, Gambit and Jubilee but I have zero interest in this book as well as the direction that they've been taking Betsy in. Much as I like them though, I'm not picking up a book I lack interest in just to get my fix of them. I've waited through droughts of them not being on teams before, I'll just continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Shes had several opportunities to go back to her original body since then. She didnt.
    When was that? IIRC Kwannon died shortly after discovering that she wasn't Betsy and only came back to life after Betsy recreated her old body.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

BANNED

Once in Uncanny. men, once in Uncanny XForce. When her reality warping brother brought her back from the dead she also could have asked him to recreate her old body. Its been teased a lot in the last decade.

Whoa. Everyone is so meh about this book! Haha. This is the top priority book for me and I'm interested in all of them!

Every character, other than Apocalypse, in this book is a favorite of mine. Betsy and Rogue are my favorite women of the X-Men and I'm stoked they're being highlighted in this series. It has a writer who's trying new things with the X-Men (mutant magic and using Apocalypse as a regular cast member) as well as some killer art.

I, for one, don't need anymore information or spoilers. I'm just hyped. I don't want things too spoiled for me because I want to enjoy them as I read it. Excalibur has had a lot of info released already, which is probably why this interview was short on new information. As opposed to Fallen Angels, which haven't been given much attention since its announcement, so it makes sense for that interview to be much longer and in-depth.

As a huge Excalibur fan, a Tini Howard fan, a magic fan, a Betsy and Rogue fan, and To fan--- there are zero negatives so far for me for this book.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Why would Betsy as a British thirty/forty something view the theft and exploitation of her body through the lens of American college student?

I feel like this interview is an example of personal politics influencing poor storytelling. This is a totally illogical viewpoint for Betsy to have. Would she have been okay with the situation if the body switch was with another white person?

Some people took issue with the Psylocke body switch. Jim Zub was hired to undo it and in my opinion he did a fantastic job. Just move on now.

BANNED

This was mostly a rehash of past press answers. That said, I am excited for the book. And now, a blatant copypaste of my comments on it from the Excalibur thread:

That sure looks like Shogo on Krakoa to me.

Is that Evan in the top panel of the Rogue/Gambit page?

I have wanted Betsy to a) go back to being British and b) deal with the psychological fallout of that identity crisis after living in the security of being an unstoppable fantasy object for decades, so I am happy to see they will continue to delve into that and not shrug it off. IMO Betsy has been struggling with defining herself since she first joined the X-Men if not before. Living in Kwannon's skin ended that for a long time. She had forever armor. Now she is 'weak' again, but only in her own mind - at least, how her mind often perceived her before the Siege Perilous.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Why would Betsy as a British thirty/forty something view the theft and exploitation of her body through the lens of American college student?

I feel like this interview is an example of personal politics influencing poor storytelling. This is a totally illogical viewpoint for Betsy to have. Would she have been okay with the situation if the body switch was with another white person?

Some people took issue with the Psylocke body switch. Jim Zub was hired to undo it and in my opinion he did a fantastic job. Just move on now.
    Yeah, I mean I can see her having trauma from the fallout of jumping from body to body and having lost her original one first. But I don't think a person in that situation would go on and be like "damn this is in poor taste, I should feel guilty about it".

I hope the book's gonna be better than this interview.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Whoa. Everyone is so meh about this book! Haha. This is the top priority book for me and I'm interested in all of them!

Every character, other than Apocalypse, in this book is a favorite of mine. Betsy and Rogue are my favorite women of the X-Men and I'm stoked they're being highlighted in this series. It has a writer who's trying new things with the X-Men (mutant magic and using Apocalypse as a regular cast member) as well as some killer art.

I, for one, don't need anymore information or spoilers. I'm just hyped. I don't want things too spoiled for me because I want to enjoy them as I read it. Excalibur has had a lot of info released already, which is probably why this interview was short on new information. As opposed to Fallen Angels, which haven't been given much attention since its announcement, so it makes sense for that interview to be much longer and in-depth.

As a huge Excalibur fan, a Tini Howard fan, a magic fan, a Betsy and Rogue fan, and To fan--- there are zero negatives so far for me for this book.
    Thank you for the positivity. It’s refreshing.

The interview was bland. But I’m super excited for this. Can’t wait to see the new direction they take Betsy. I hope they do a good job keeping her personality intact with all these changes. Also curious as to what they are doing with Rogue.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Once in Uncanny. men, once in Uncanny XForce. When her reality warping brother brought her back from the dead she also could have asked him to recreate her old body. Its been teased a lot in the last decade.
    It’s been teased a few times but in the story itself, she was always stuck or forced to be in an Asian body (and Kwannon was always still dead, and betsy always thought she was still dead, her body was never stolen again.) her reality warping brother still crazier than a bag of rabid squirrels, he brought her back to life in an asian body (not actually Kwannon’s, a re creation) she had no say in any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Thank you for the positivity. It’s refreshing.

The interview was bland. But I’m super excited for this. Can’t wait to see the new direction they take Betsy. I hope they do a good job keeping her personality intact with all these changes. Also curious as to what they are doing with Rogue.
    I agree, I already subscribed to Excalibur.

I am so torn about staying digital or getting the actual comics, it's just I am trying to unclutter and I sold my original collection, but some of the art is so beautiful it feels like a shame not to get the physical copies.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

It was a repetitive interview but all of them outside of Hickman's have just been repeats of information already given. I'm not so sure why everyone is being so harsh to this one?

But outside of the obvious I'm really excited to see what she's got cooking for Rogue. I'm also super anxious to see how Gambit interacts with Poccy given all their history.