Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
    Could the storyline of The Last Knight of St. Hagan be remade with another person instead? I was looking forward to this story.
    I'm not sure how possible that'd be. But if it is a viable option, it won't happen anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Yeah, why doesn’t Mongolia just re write that ****? It’d be a blessing in disguise. Allie never had any business writing comics, anyway.
    I suppose he could rewrite it someday, but it would have to be substantially reworked, possibly to the point of being an entirely different story. As far as I know, Ben Stenbeck had finished (or come very close to finishing) his work on Frankenstein Underground, and I don't think he'd be keen on completely redrawing a story he'd just finished working on. (Keep in mind, even if Mignola completely rewrote the dialogue for Stenbeck's existing pages, they'd still have to credit Allie. A script is far more than just dialogue after all.)

It'd probably be less trouble to just do a completely new story that uses some of Stenbeck's and Mignola's existing design work.

Or you re script the dialog, use the art, keep the basic plotting, (we all know Mignola is involved in the basic plotting) and tell Allie he's not going to be credited for very obvious reasons. There's no Comics Writers Guild regulating this. They could make it work if they wanted to.

I don't care, I'm not reading it. Just seems a shame to waste the work done, and leave fans with two issues, never to be finished.

Fantastic Member

I am personally fine with the books going away. Wish there was a way to take every cent the guy ever earned from comics work back away from him.

All-New Member

I think it's really too bad Frankestein Undone won't be completed. I mean, I totally get it, but yeah, I was looking forward to the rest of this particular story as well as St. Hagan.

I also think there's plenty of room for affirming this decision, condemning the acts, and supporting the victims while also regretting not being able to read those comics. I was never a fan of Allie's writing, and that's not "I knew it all along" posturing; I thought the Abe Sapien series was a near-total train wreck in conception and execution. Nonetheless I've enjoyed many of the comics he wrote despite his mediocrity as a comics writer, mostly because Mignola attracts incredible artists who want to play with his toys, and the captivating fictional milieu is there even when the writing isn't up to snuff.

Allie's not the only one who contributed to those upcoming comics, and it's too bad there isn't a way to release them without involving him or cutting him any more checks. But I also know there probably just is no such way.

Having just been to collect my pile of comics for the first time since lockdown began, I lapped up issue 2 of Frankenstein Undone and popped over here.

I am gutted about the news. What's bad is I hadn't really noticed it was Allie writing. I agree cutting ties is the only way forward, Allie has screwed over a lot of people who looked out for him and done irreparable damage to that poor lady. He's also bust up friendships between the creatives on the works he was involved with, because some carried on working when they had been warned, and now they have come to verbal blows in public. It's all really horrible.

I've also just seen Stewart Cameron and Jason Latour are also being dropped by some companies for alleged incidents. The Mignolaverse is losing creatives. This is devastating, shocking and so sad too.

Why do people have to turn out to be such cretins?
    “Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.” -- Hellboy.
    “Dude, you’re embarrassing me in front of the Wizards.” -- Tony Stark.

People are awful. You can be good at things and still an awful person.

It's gotten to a point where I've largely lost interest in comics as a whole, because the entire industry has been exposed as just assholes. There's obviously still good people, but it;s a minefield trying to go through a comic collection anymore.