Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am probably not helping, I have been kind of happy chipper hyper today and I am trying to be funny when I respond to some people. I imagine I am probably very annoying!
    Pff, stop it. Having someone who's optimistic and happy like this makes this forum a better place. You're second only to PZ23 in the ranking of "precious cinnamon roll too good for this world" here.

Just keep being you. Me and probably another bunch of us likes you just this way.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Pff, stop it. Having someone who's optimistic and happy like this makes this forum a better place. You're second only to PZ23 in the ranking of "precious cinnamon roll too good for this world" here.

Just keep being you. Me and probably another bunch of us likes you just this way.
    I just felt bad for teasing with the Jaws theme video. Although I thought it was hilarious at the time so I guess I don't feel guilty enough because I am still glad I posted it.

Thanks for your lovely words Devaishwarya, PsychoEFrost, and PrezValentine, I love you all right back!

Lol, I am trying harder not to be depressed about Rachel, but I always try to keep my Rachel depressed thoughts in her actual thread and I try not to post it anywhere else.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Do it for a wardrobe.....

YASSS
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Do it for a wardrobe.....

YASSS
    Now I want one panel in every Marauders issue where Emma has Kitty try on clothes for her and makes fun of Kitty's poor taste and then Emma takes pity on poor Kate and picks out something fabulous for Kate to wear!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I just felt bad for teasing with the Jaws theme video. Although I thought it was hilarious at the time so I guess I don't feel guilty enough because I am still glad I posted it.
    I thought it was very funny and I'm sure he did as well. :-) You started the "Krakoa, FOREVER!!!" thread, the place I run when bullets and daggers start flying around here. I sit under a Krakoa tree eating Krakoan snacks because it is a sanctuary. I am forever grateful.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I thought it was very funny and I'm sure he did as well. :-) You started the "Krakoa, FOREVER!!!" thread, the place I run when bullets and daggers start flying around here. I sit under a Krakoa tree eating Krakoan snacks because it is a sanctuary. I am forever grateful.
    The flower flavoured drinks are absolutely divine! And don't even get me started on the canapes!

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Dude, reading the American version of anybody is hilarious, or seeing the drawings depicting other countries as well (I swear american writers think only the USA has actual buildings or big cities haha haha).
    Yes, reading Moira and Rahne's dialogue in the 90's was very cringe for scottish people.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

We haven't seen a lot of Lolli's Storm yet but...I do hope he gives her the long ponytail (LoveLoveLove) she has in X-Men 01 and we see her in some really fashionable ensembles outside of her costume. Why should Emma and Kate have all the sartorial fun?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Yes, reading Moira and Rahne's dialogue in the 90's was very cringe for scottish people.
    I always laugh when writers have Berto speaking Spanish or using Spanish phrases. Like, really? People actually are that misinformed in the States that just asume that Brazilians are native Spanish speakers? And yes, Brazilians can learn Spanish, especially someone that comes from money like him, but he would not use Spanish expressions, that just lazy.

Dude, reading the American version of anybody is hilarious, or seeing the drawings depicting other countries as well (I swear american writers think only the USA has actual buildings or big cities haha haha).
    Lol, good point. An American writing a book about foreign affairs is pure gold, it's gonna be such a laugh ride.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    i Cannot for the life of me fathom writing a character’s dialogue phonetically based on their “accent” and feeling proud of my work

edit: whoops double post

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Lol, good point. An American writing a book about foreign affairs is pure gold, it's gonna be such a laugh ride.
    If the story takes place in Rusia, it is always snowing, no matter what time of the year is supposed to be there (basically all of Rusia is Siberia for american writers). If it takes place somewhere in South America, it will look like Tijuana or the middle of the Amazon, even if the story is supposed to be taking place in a big city (I love X-Force/X-Statix, but that issue that took place in Buenos Aires was hilarious. Nobody could get Allred some reference material? The place look like it was some tropical slum, which B.A. definitely doesn't look like).

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    i Cannot for the life of me fathom writing a character’s dialogue phonetically based on their “accent” and feeling proud of my work
    I can only imagine Scottish or Irish people reading characters like Moira, Rahne, Sean, or Theresa and either being really offended or laughing their asses off hahaha.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 10-19-2019 at 12:21 AM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I can only imagine Scottish or Irish people reading characters like Moira, Rahne, Sean, or Theresa and either being really offended or laughing their asses off hahaha.
    It’s why we Brits loved Alan drawing Excalibur, London looked like London. Kitty went shopping in an M&S in frickin’ Liverpool.
    I know it’s donkey ‘s years ago, but it sticks in the mind.