Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I'm also pretty pressed because HOW... HOW over the past 50+ years have they gotten Bobby's hair color absolutely right everytime he's represented? Some waffle cone brown non color? And bitches can't seem to represent strawberry blonde for Dazzler, like EVER.?????

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I reject the idea that a Twunk is a 'Twink hunk' lol. That's some sad masculinist bs. Everyone knows a Twunk is just an old Twink that's failed to try another aesthetic. It's truer to the culture. There are way more of those than there are lol 'Twink hunks'. Thanks bye.
    Hm no... The thing you're referring doesn't have a designated term I guess. Twunk afaik has always been about buff twinks. I don't consider Bobby one though.

BANNED

I'm also pretty pressed because HOW... HOW over the past 50+ years have they gotten Bobby's hair color absolutely right everytime he's represented? Some waffle cone brown non color? And bitches can't seem to represent strawberry blonde for Dazzler, like EVER.?????
    Bobby was blonde in Careys XMen but that was probably him experimenting or having lost a bet.

And bitches can't seem to represent strawberry blonde for Dazzler, like EVER.?????
    White women don't have natural hair colors anymore.

But yasss to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Eh. Reads about the same as the body in Marauders. Very minor extra bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I’ve always seen Iceman as being similar to Spider-Man in build. Athletic and muscular, without being “jacked” or leaning into “gymnast” physique like Nightcrawler. He’s like a Lantern in a lot of ways. His powers are based on creativity, not abdominals.
    Agreed. Spidey is a great comparison. Gambit, Nightcrawler, Northstar, Angel all have a similar body type to Iceman.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Hm no... The thing you're referring doesn't have a designated term I guess. Twunk afaik has always been about buff twinks. I don't consider Bobby one though.
    See, I thought that once you become buff, you're no longer a twink. Those two ideas seem mutually exclusive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Eh. Reads about the same as the body in Marauders. Very minor extra bulk.

Agreed. Spidey is a great comparison. Gambit, Nightcrawler, Northstar, Angel all have a similar body type to Iceman.
    Gambit is thicker then Iceman but its just all the beer drinking tbh. Nightcrawler is more athletic and Northstar is older and bulkier.

In anticipation of wed
    Storm/Emma
    stormemma.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Gambit is thicker then Iceman but its just all the beer drinking tbh. Nightcrawler is more athletic and Northstar is older and bulkier.
    Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    See, I thought that once you become buff, you're no longer a twink. Those two ideas seem mutually exclusive.
    I reject the idea that a Twunk is a 'Twink hunk' lol. That's some sad masculinist bs. Everyone knows a Twunk is just an old Twink that's failed to try another aesthetic. It's truer to the culture. There are way more of those than there are lol 'Twink hunks'. Thanks bye.
    Dee explains it
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    In anticipation of wed
    Storm/Emma
    stormemma.jpg
    I ship them!! Storm and Emma forever!

Haha, I ship any female characters. Well except Selene, I don't ever ship Emma and Selene or Rachel and Selene. However, I do ship Emma and Rachel kicking Selene's butt together!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Correct. No longer a twink. A twink.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Good catch. I am also thinking/hoping there will be a "different" conversation between them (tying into the Limo scene perhaps) where it gets more serious and begins to explore Kate's possibly changing role and mindset.

I still think this book is going to have its hands full juggling the tonal clash between Iceman/Storm on the one end and Emma/Shaw/NuKate on the other but we'll see how it goes

One thing I did like about this conversation between Emma and Kitty was it sort of shows us a "humbled" Kitty, there were a few digs made at her that she basically accepted. Probably much-needed after GOLD for readers to get on board with her leading a team

Still wanting to find out the deal with her apparently-permanent bruise and nose issue
    What was it about Kitty's depiction in Gold you disliked? (I have complained that in recent years she has been depicted as being too much of a bitch.)

On another note: why did Duggan go to the trouble of creating North Vainon as a stand-in for North Korea? Is he really afraid of what the North Koreans think?
    Last edited by Marvelman; 10-20-2019 at 12:50 AM.

Kim-Jong Un is a huge Scemma shipper.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    What was it about Kitty's depiction in Gold you disliked? (I have complained that in recent years she has been depicted as being too much of a bitch.)

On another note: why did Duggan go to the trouble of creating North Vainon as a stand-in for North Korea? Is he really afraid of what the North Koreans think?
    Lotta people took issue with kitty just being the leader over storm, of kitty being a rather incompetent looking leader, about Kiotr being a thing, about kitty ditching him after proposing.. various things. All in all I wanted to like gold but the writing just never felt convincing for any particular character, and the story was meant to focus on their interpersonal relationships. It just didn’t do them particularly well, and kitty being the leader means she takes the largest share of that.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As to North Vainon...he and by extension HiX-Man and Marvel, probably didn't want the negative publicity actively naming a global "enemy" would elicit.

I Agree with that.

You don't need bad shyt stinking up your Krakoan Flower Gradens...not when the plants are now starting to flourish. (Besides, if that's what he meant, then clearly the subtext was very clear).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!