Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Well, this thread is certainly filled with thirsty people. And what makes people thirsty?

Salt.
    I am probably not helping, I have been kind of happy chipper hyper today and I am trying to be funny when I respond to some people. I imagine I am probably very annoying!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Well, this thread is certainly filled with thirsty people. And what makes people thirsty?

Salt.
    All that salty air, salty ocean, salty Emma, and us salty gays, of course. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    All that salty air, salty ocean, salty Emma, and us salty gays, of course. <3
    I was trying to think of a good song to post in response, but all I could think is that "All we need is love!"

On a more analytical note...
    >OK art.
    >I enjoyed the brief look at anti-mutant nations' reactions to Krakoa, and Russia treating mutants as just another bunch of people for The State to exploit.
    >I'm wondering why mutant power-dampening Sentinels haven't already tried to eXterminate Krakoa's population if it's that easy to negate an omega level mutant's power.
    >Anti-mutant quadrupeds? Some kind of Predator X variant?
    >Drag Kitty for her 'fashion sense', Emma! Drag her!
    >I'm not fond of another book where Kitty bosses Storm around. I really wish Storm had accepted being the Red Queen.
    >Slippers and a speedo, Bobby? *sigh* No.

I'm looking forward to the issue, and it'll decide whether or not I continue with the series... unless Dauterman starts doing interiors in which case the writing could be crap and I'd still read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

On a more analytical note...
    >OK art.
    >I enjoyed the brief look at anti-mutant nations' reactions to Krakoa, and Russia treating mutants as just another bunch of people for The State to exploit.
    >I'm wondering why mutant power-dampening Sentinels haven't already tried to eXterminate Krakoa's population if it's that easy to negate an omega level mutant's power.
    >Anti-mutant quadrupeds? Some kind of Predator X variant?
    >Drag Kitty for her 'fashion sense', Emma! Drag her!
    >I'm not fond of another book where Kitty bosses Storm around. I really wish Storm had accepted being the Red Queen.
    >Slippers and a speedo, Bobby? *sigh* No.

I'm looking forward to the issue, and it'll decide whether or not I continue with the series... unless Dauterman starts doing interiors in which case the writing could be crap and I'd still read it.
    I don't know all the names of the artists, but I like the interior art on Marauders, Excalibur, and New Mutants. I am really meh about Yu on X-Men, I don't like his art at all and I hope he either improves or gets switched out. I need to see the full preview of Fallen Angels to pass judgement on that. I think X-Force is going to look good, darker to go with the story but I think it looks good from the little snippets I have seen so far.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

This is an ongoing problem. Mutants aren't really the threat they're portrayed to be because turning off their powers is so easy. Who needs killer robots when any government could easily install dampening technology on every cell tower and in every public building? They could sell home units at Best Buy.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    This is an ongoing problem. Mutants aren't really the threat they're portrayed to be because turning off their powers is so easy. Who needs killer robots when any government could easily install dampening technology on every cell tower and in every public building? They could sell home units at Best Buy.
    Yeah, I remember when Emma tried to use her powers on the O.N.E. the second time, by then they had the devices to block her telepathy. I guess the O.N.E. learned from the first time when they had to show Emma they could remote kill her or anyone on her team by killing Vanisher!

BANNED

Silva takes over from Yu on XMen starting december, no?

BANNED

The colors really bring the best out of Lolli's art. I never paid attention to Blee's name, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing.

The dialogue is great and this preview shows we're off to a great start. I'll pretend the infinity stones storyline never existed, so I can keep the image of Duggan's perfect streak of scripts. God bless that man and his beautiful beard.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    that will be awesome, just in time for Apocalypse, Xavier, and Erik going to the international conference in their very dashing suits!

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    As a Russian, I find reading the American version of Russian people absolutely hilarious. I'd be sorely disappointed if I don't see "comrade" said at least once.
    Dude, reading the American version of anybody is hilarious, or seeing the drawings depicting other countries as well (I swear american writers think only the USA has actual buildings or big cities haha haha).

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am probably not helping, I have been kind of happy chipper hyper today and I am trying to be funny when I respond to some people. I imagine I am probably very annoying!
    Don't you DARE apologise!!!
    You are definitely one of the few who fortify us against them and keep the threads intelligent and most importantly...FUN.
    Unlike some others, who just love to subsume everyone and everything in a miasma of negativity and misery.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I think he's doing issue #5. I forgot who's doing issue #6.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I think he's doing issue #5. I forgot who's doing issue #6.
    Matteo Buffagni, the guy who did Soule's Hunt for Wolverine mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Don't you DARE apologise!!!
    You are definitely one of the few who fortify us against them and keep the threads intelligent and most importantly...FUN.
    Unlike some others, who just love to subsume everyone and everything in a miasma of negativity and misery.
    Full agree here. Never change RachelGrey.