Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Which, funnily enough, he had already done in ASM#25, of course, that one was a longer issue, but the 2099 stuff was just a tease in the end of the issue.

It's too bad that ASM was avoiding tie-ins, and then when we got two in Absolute Carnage, it worked because it was still telling his story, while using AC's events, but 2099 stuff is isolated so far, so we have two stories happening at the same time with not enough pages for both.

Hopefully Spencer improves the next issues though, it'd suck to have stories for four more issues.
    Well, issues #33-36 are the actual 2099 tie-in issues, which has Peter and Miguel reuniting. So I think we'll be good.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

If they wanted to, they would use a DNA Test from the start and everything.
    I like that Pete has a sister...and I do want to see the DNA test done....and a visit to Doc Strange to do a mystical whammy to confirm.

Can you just imagine Peter introducing Teresa to certain people.

Pete: "Steve this is my sister...Teresa. Teresa....this is Steve Rogers."
    Teresa: "......(long pause).......You just called Captain America 'Steve'."
    Steve: "Well...that is my name."

They only issue I have is that when she got her wings from "The Mason"....she did not put on a mask.

BANNED

The way there's no reference to the events of the previous issue and the back to normalcy beginning does make it seem like a abrupt shift. Then Miguel's arc trajectory was all over the place and characters kept turning out of nowhere in the issue like Jaimie(The name of Blue Beetle alter ego.... foreshadowing? Perhaps he will turn out to be a disguise assumed by Kindred), Teresa, Sable etc. Doom killing all the heroes and taking over the future with past Doom opposing him sounds too similar to Cates 'Thanos Wins' storyline so I am not expecting much from the 2099 mini event. There was too much of a disparity between the two threads which makes it difficult to believe they will all coincide to lead into whatever's up with the 2099 event but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    The way there's no reference to the events of the previous issue and the back to normalcy beginning does make it seem like a abrupt shift. Then Miguel's arc trajectory was all over the place and characters kept turning out of nowhere in the issue like Jaimie(The name of Blue Beetle alter ego.... foreshadowing? Perhaps he will turn out to be a disguise assumed by Kindred), Teresa, Sable etc. Doom killing all the heroes and taking over the future with past Doom opposing him sounds too similar to Cates 'Thanos Wins' storyline so I am not expecting much from the 2099 mini event. There was too much of a disparity between the two threads which makes it difficult to believe they will all coincide to lead into whatever's up with the 2099 event but we shall see.
    That's the thing: I'm thinking something happened behind the scenes that we don't know about. Because I'm thinking this book/issue was drastically changed. It feels like it.

As soon as Silver Sable turning up means you can work out what will happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I sometimes wonder if they plan to bring Parker Industries back in some form. only this time with Peter's three classmates as his new partners.
    maybe i wouldn't oppose him getting it back in some way
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Doom killing all the heroes and taking over the future with past Doom opposing him sounds too similar to Cates 'Thanos Wins' storyline so I am not expecting much from the 2099 mini event.
    I don't think Doom 2099 is the villain, actually I think he was the one who sent Miguel back to the past (Broken Time Platform?). I guess whatever Chameleon has planned, this will eventually lead to some catastrophe that Miguel and Doom want to stop with the help of 10's Doctor Doom.

BANNED

I liked this issue just fine. A lot of set-up but entertainingly done, with some of Spencer's funniest Spidey lines yet.

Seeing Peter's new ESU supporting cast gave me a nostalgic tingle for similar moments in the past where we've met Peter's new classmates.

The callback to PI was nice, with Spencer having Peter cite it as "probably my proudest accomplishment". Makes me wonder if Spencer has plans to pull more from the PI days going forward or if this was just a shout out.

Loved the surprise appearance of Silver Sable. Looking forward to seeing how Spencer handles her.

And Patrick Gleason's debut on art was nice. Although I wonder if some people's feeling that the issue was a little "off" stems from that. While I liked Gleason's work here - the fight with The Foreigner was particularly well done - I thought his face work and pacing took a little getting used to. But I'm sure as he continues, that'll smooth out.

Anyhow, decent issue. Interested to see how 2099 plays out.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 10-25-2019 at 03:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I love the nonchalance of Spidey in the top panel...kind of like "Hey...been a while..how you been..."

This is one of the best issues of the run just because of Gleason's art, oh my god. That Kindred shot is legendary.

I also like the ESU stuff and the savvy businessmen, but lord, that entire Foreigner scene is just incredible. And I think that guy sucks. Gleason just syncs with Spencer's script so well. He has singlehandedly made me way more excited about the book.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Nice tease with Derrick, one of the grad students, referring to himself as a Goblin and having a green colored tattoo partially showing on his arm...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Nice tease with Derrick, one of the grad students, referring to himself as a Goblin and having a green colored tattoo partially showing on his arm...
    Whoa, nice catch! I'll have to go back and give that a look!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Whoa, nice catch! I'll have to go back and give that a look!
    And he's wearing a purple shirt!

BANNED

I figured there was something slimy about that Derrick guy. There was this particular smarmy affect to him that you have to distrust...especially in Spencer's stuff.

And it's certainly ominous that Peter thought he destroyed all of his Webware stuff, only for this guy to override one of it.

So yeah, Goblin cultist looking to revive Norman...definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    So yeah, Goblin cultist looking to revive Norman...definitely.

Last edited by Hugo Strange; 10-26-2019 at 06:15 AM.