Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Nah, Spidey doesn't have to worry about bad translations to make a power confusing .

Like I said, it's closer to King Crimson's, but not like it, what happened is that suddenly he was in Spidey's face beating his ass, and Peter was wondering how the **** that was happening, but there's no time manipulation, it's just low level hypnotism where he can paralyse the person for a few seconds, and once they can move again, they don't even realize that time has passed, and you can avoid it by just closing your eyes.

Here, from Spectacular#129:

https://i.imgur.com/jGTVS8Z.png

https://i.imgur.com/X8WJkDl.png

https://i.imgur.com/0PwS6Je.png

https://i.imgur.com/tA4WNvo.png

https://i.imgur.com/itAoFb9.png
    So he messes with someone's perception of time, not necessarily time itself.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    So he messes with someone's perception of time, not necessarily time itself.
    Pretty much.

It's a cool enough power, but if it didn't get upgraded, then it's a gimmick.

On the other hand, Foreigner is competent as a villain outside of his fighting skills and power, kinda like a Fisk-lite, so even if his power is a gimmick, he doesn't need it to be decently competent.

Will this title still have rotating artists? Or is Gleason going to be handling it full time now ? That art looks absolutely gorgeous. I seriously think he had a nice energetic vibrant style fit for Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Will this title still have rotating artists? Or is Gleason going to be handling it full time now ? That art looks absolutely gorgeous. I seriously think he had a nice energetic vibrant style fit for Spider-Man.
    Most likely rotating artists between Gleason and Ottley, with occasional fill-ins. However, we know Gleason is on until issue 34, and then afterwards, Oscar Bazaldua will step in for this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Nah, Spidey doesn't have to worry about bad translations to make a power confusing .

Like I said, it's closer to King Crimson's, but not like it, what happened is that suddenly he was in Spidey's face beating his ass, and Peter was wondering how the **** that was happening, but there's no time manipulation, it's just low level hypnotism where he can paralyse the person for a few seconds, and once they can move again, they don't even realize that time has passed, and you can avoid it by just closing your eyes.

Here, from Spectacular#129:

https://i.imgur.com/jGTVS8Z.png

https://i.imgur.com/X8WJkDl.png

https://i.imgur.com/0PwS6Je.png

https://i.imgur.com/tA4WNvo.png

https://i.imgur.com/itAoFb9.png

So yeah, it's closer because it looks like he skips time, Spidey even says that time was skipped by 10 seconds lol.

Also, love these panels:

ok i see the similarities to King Crismon spidey wouldnt stand a chance against the real King Crismon anyway
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Interesting that we've got a story with multiple Peter David creations (Spider-Man 2099 and the Foreigner.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Wonder if Teresa turning out to be the sister of Peter isn't also a result of OMD like Harry Osborn back among the living again. You lose a wife and baby, you get a healthy aunt and a sister instead. Mephisto always considerate and giving back more than you bargained for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    ok i see the similarities to King Crismon spidey wouldnt stand a chance against the real King Crismon anyway
    Yep, King Crimson was pretty overpowered, probably part of the reason why he never got a power up near the end, unlike the rest of Jojo villains (Though Dio never got a power up near the end in part 1, if anything he was weakened, since he got beheaded), then again, the only power up available was becoming a requiem, and that would be too much.

Thinking of it though, Foreigner's power would be more dangerous against other heroes, since the only/best way to avoid it is by closing your eyes, Spidey easily defeated him by just relying on spider-sense, most other heroes lack something like that.

Even against Spidey it could get complicated, simply by making it so Foreigner isn't the only one around... So Spidey would need to watch out for his power, and someone else trying to kick his ass, and closing his eyes when fighting against more dangerous enemies could be problematic... There's a lot of potential here.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Wonder if Teresa turning out to be the sister of Peter isn't also a result of OMD like Harry Osborn back among the living again. You lose a wife and baby, you get a healthy aunt and a sister instead. Mephisto always considerate and giving back more than you bargained for.
    Well, Mephisto would need to be pretty good to manage that, because the evidence to her being Peter's sister was found in another universe which is nearly identical to 616, so in other words, he'd have to affect multiple timelines lol.

Then again, maybe some dumb story could reveal that, because of Mephisto's meddling, he somehow managed to make Peter and Teresa not be related, so what they found in that universe just wasn't accurate to their own, boy wouldn't that be extremely annoying.

Astonishing Member

I see that we still can’t mention anything without bringing up OMD.

BANNED

Wonder if Teresa turning out to be the sister of Peter isn't also a result of OMD like Harry Osborn back among the living again.
    On a Watsonian level, i.e. the confines of the story, no.

On an outside level, Teresa Parker came for the OGN Family Business that Mark Waid wrote and he said that the idea just came to him and he based it on his love for the Annual dealing with the parents deaths (which was his first Spidey comic). So it's not really got anything to do with OMD.

And I can't imagine anything more counterintuitive to the idea of Peter as "young" then making him an elder brother.

And Waid left it ambiguous and it's still generally ambiguous...and not stated definitively that Teresa is Peter's sister.

In fact #29 and the current arc is her first appearance in the pages of Amazing, IIRC.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 10-18-2019 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    And Waid left it ambiguous and it's still generally ambiguous...and not stated definitively that Teresa is Peter's sister.
    But Amazing Fantasy from PPTSSM did confirm she is in fact his real biological sister.
    (I guess a writer could always retcon it so she isn't again, but that would just make things worse anyway)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    But Amazing Fantasy from PPTSSM
    A story where Peter/JJ/Teresa hop across time and space and so on. And published in the second series. Not very convincing.

I guess a writer could always retcon it so she isn't again, but that would just make things worse anyway)
    The fact is Peter hasn't informed Aunt May about Teresa's survival and existence. If he's not willing to introduce Teresa to Aunt May then that means a part of him, and a part of the editorial, are reluctant to commit that Teresa is Peter's sister. This current arc from ASM#29 onwards is Teresa's first appearance in ASM...so it's a step there, but who knows what Spencer will do with it.

I mean one of the major signs that handicapped the 90s Clone Saga from Ben Reilly is the real Peter is the fact that in stories like ASM #400, they still insisted it be Peter who interacts with May while Ben Reilly is not allowed to see her...that lack of commitment means that the story doesn't feel real or isn't sticking.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    A story where Peter/JJ/Teresa hop across time and space and so on. And published in the second series. Not very convincing.

The fact is Peter hasn't informed Aunt May about Teresa's survival and existence. If he's not willing to introduce Teresa to Aunt May then that means a part of him, and a part of the editorial, are reluctant to commit that Teresa is Peter's sister. This current arc from ASM#29 onwards is Teresa's first appearance in ASM...so it's a step there, but who knows what Spencer will do with it.

I mean one of the major signs that handicapped the 90s Clone Saga from Ben Reilly is the real Peter is the fact that in stories like ASM #400, they still insisted it be Peter who interacts with May while Ben Reilly is not allowed to see her...that lack of commitment means that the story doesn't feel real or isn't sticking.
    No, it's confirmed. Just because they hope across time (to Peter's past) doesn't mean it's unconfirmed. It's confirmed. As for why Peter hasn't introduced Teresa to Aunt May, he was literally about to do that at the end of PPSSM #307. He walked her to the door and was about to say, "Aunt May, this is your long-lost niece." Teresa was the one who didn't want to go in because she was still deemed a criminal. And with Spencer's run, Peter just saw her again, and she's only been in one issue. So it's not like he's not introducing her because they only just reunited.

BANNED

Rather than such overcomplicating storyline one would think a simple DNA test would suffice for confirmation but nothing occurs in the simple way in the spiderverse

Rather than such overcomplicating storyline one would think a simple DNA test would suffice for confirmation but nothing occurs in the simple way in the spiderverse
    I mean, Teresa found a birth certificate and everything. Even a photo of her when she was a baby. Doesn't get more confirmed short of a DNA test.