Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

So we got the return of the Goblin cult too?! Sweet! I actually didn't know that Spencer was a fan of Norman as the Goblin! Seems with this tease, with Kindred's monologue in #30-31 that Spencer is planning on a big Osborn Goblin story. Could he be the "final boss" of this run so to speak?

BANNED

The Goblin cult was revived in the BND era (staffed by people who had some nostalgia for the Clone Saga) and it was done well there, with Vin being a Goblin-cultist.

Kelly Sue DeConnick used that cult well in her Osborn series.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The Goblin cult was revived in the BND era (staffed by people who had some nostalgia for the Clone Saga) and it was done well there, with Vin being a Goblin-cultist.

Kelly Sue DeConnick used that cult well in her Osborn series.
    Don't forget in "Big Time" and "Superior"

Huh, and I only noticed that Derrick guy mentioning the "patent goblin" thing, but didn't think much of it, didn't see that tattoo...

I think by the end of Absolute Carnage, Norman won't be arrested again, and that'll allow him to have his memory back.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I figured there was something slimy about that Derrick guy. There was this particular smarmy affect to him that you have to distrust...especially in Spencer's stuff.

And it's certainly ominous that Peter thought he destroyed all of his Webware stuff, only for this guy to override one of it.

So yeah, Goblin cultist looking to revive Norman...definitely.
    Well, to be fair, Aunt May showed that she has one of the Webware stuff in ASM#14, I figure that Spencer is just letting some of it stay around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    And he's wearing a purple shirt!
    Haha, perfect!

Thought I'd share my thoughts on this ASM #32.

I do enjoy Gleason's art and I think the darker coloring really helps. I would love to see this same coloring on Ryan Ottley's art because it always looks more intense in black and white. For some reason with Ottely they have these bright colors and it's always very light which makes it come across more cartoony which for Kindred I think the coloring in this book was much more meanacing and should fit better. Kindred should have dark pages like we see here.

Moving on from the art, I didn't really get hooked by the story. Hopefully it gets more interesting but nothing was here to get me excited about the next issue. I'm not a huge Spider-Man 2099 fan. I've read a few things like the Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2099 teamup from the 90s but not much on his solo series, so maybe if I was a fan I'd be more excited. Oh well, I don't think we got enough info in this issue... the hook was missing so hopefully the next one is a step up.

I like the artwork very much.

Story-wise 2.5 out of 5 stars nothing overly good nothing overly bad, so an average issue, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The art is fantastic. Gleason is going to fit in so well with the spiderverse. The story was kind of bland to me. Didn’t care for it at all. I’ve never followed 2099 so that’s probably the main reasoning for me feeling detached from the story. Again though, excited as hell for more Gleason.