Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I just find it highly ironic Wanda went mad because of her children. She got her kids back and she barely speaks to them according to her solo.
    She wanted babies, not fully grown neurotic young adults

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    they also have adoptive families.

magic can be a curse

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Even Still like Bitch Take the W!

I just find it highly ironic Wanda went mad because of her children. She got her kids back and she barely speaks to them according to her solo.
    That's Marvel for you. They create these familial bonds with characters and then proceed to do nothing with them. Like, when was the last time Bruce Banner even spoke to any of his kids? Hell Jimmy Hudson is wandering around 616 somewhere and yet will probably never interact with Logan and has never interacted with Laura since arriving in 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That's Marvel for you. They create these familial bonds with characters and then proceed to do nothing with them. Like, when was the last time Bruce Banner even spoke to any of his kids? Hell Jimmy Hudson is wandering around 616 somewhere and yet will probably never interact with Logan and has never interacted with Laura since arriving in 616.
    Hell, Rachel fans are still waiting for a conversation with Jean post-2012 that isn't a dumpster fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Wait bruce Banner has kids?

yeah Logan and Laura is another case of ignoring parental relationships

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Wait bruce Banner has kids?
    He had three. The twins, Skaar and Hiro-Kala (who's dead) and Lyra, the daughter of Hulk and Thundra, who's in another reality.

So, effectively just one.

It's because it's complicated. They aren't really her kids. They are someone else's kids. But got the soul transplants of her kids. It's weird.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Quicksilver convinced her to trust Doom to give her ultimate power so she could bring her fake children back to life at the expense of everyone else? I did not know that.
    Doom has a soft spot for kids. It's his one weakness. He helped Sue with Valeria. Sue and Wanda were friends. It's probably likely she knew of that situation.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-20-2019 at 07:04 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

I can see some good arguments for the Scarlet Witch joining the X-Men - she needs to put the whole Decimation thing to rest, it could open up some interesting relationships with those who trust her and those who don't (Yost's "Astonishing X-Men" nodded to this by having Kurt invite her to the school and Northstar being annoyed at this), plus Nightcrawler is literally the only superhero she could have a romance with and fans would not roll their eyes at this point.

Mostly I'm just bored with the Avengers line hardly ever using her, and if they won't put her back on the main team or ever let her speak to her old friends like Carol, then Yoshida might just as well take her away from Brevoort and give her to someone who will use her.

It is strange how many missed opportunities there have been to feature Wanda in the X-Men books over the years - I mean pre-Decimation. The '90s were maybe her prime decade for the number of comics appearances, and that was also the X-Men's prime decade for popularity, but you almost never saw her in an X-Men comic except during the Onslaught crossover and that one damp squib of a crossover that was "Bloodties." She was so completely identified with the Avengers line that she was the only mutant who "died" in Onslaught (and Reed Richards gave an excuse for why she could go that looks very much like Mark Waid staring at the art at 3 in the morning and trying to come up with something) while Pietro went back and forth between the two lines.

There is some interesting story material that could be mined from that, but as I said earlier, "Uncanny Avengers" really blew the chance to deal with the difference between being an X-mutant and the resident mutant of the Avengers. And that was probably the last chance for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    If she's so powerful why hasnt she done anything to fix MDay. Regardless of circumstances at the time, a decent person would try to atone.
    One can have incredibly destructive powers without having the ability to fix things afterward. Cyclops, wolverine, psylocke, rogue, havoc, and sunfire come to mind.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

At this point, I'm not even sure if it's worth retconning the retcon. The MCU already established a Wanda with no relation to Magneto and that's going to be the most mainstream version of her. It'll be ridiculous if they re-retcon the same thing again. I'd like it back though since their relationship was really good. But Wanda was always an Avengers character first.

As for the M-Day nonsense, I've pretty much moved on from it a long time ago. People who are still mad about it should just deal. But for the sake of not pissing X-fans off, I'd just leave her in Avengers books

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    I personally don’t care what people think about my favorite character, if somebody sees her that way it’s their right.
    Fair enough.

Do you engage in discussion with people who have ill conceived notions about Emma, though?

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    He had three. The twins, Skaar and Hiro-Kala (who's dead) and Lyra, the daughter of Hulk and Thundra, who's in another reality.

So, effectively just one.
    Four actually. Carmilla Black, the female Scorpion is possibly his daughter. And Lyra isn’t in a different reality, she was last seen in Weirdworld at the end of Squadron Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Fair enough.

Do you engage in discussion with people who have ill conceived notions about Emma, though?
    Ooh ooh I do! And the forum hates me for it!