Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    She wanted babies, not fully grown neurotic young adults
    It’s like when you want a puppy, but not full grown dog. Better keep her away from responsibility.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Four actually. Carmilla Black, the female Scorpion is possibly his daughter. And Lyra isn’t in a different reality, she was last seen in Weirdworld at the end of Squadron Supreme.
    Right, I forgot Robinson's Squadron Supreme. I was thinking of the end of the Doc Green arc.

I didn't remember Carmilla being implied to be Bruce's daughter. I was sure it was someone else that was supposed to be her father, but my memory is kinda foggy.

So, only Hiro-Kala got shafted, basically. Skaar is still around with the Warbound.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    I haven't read about Wanda beyond X-comics and events. From what I got, she is a pathetic whiner, a loser and weak person in general. Couldn't care less about this waste of hair.
    What a perfect example of how the X-Fandom treats non mutant characters, if they're badly written or OOC in X-books then that's their only characterization regardless of whether or not that's actually true, but when the X-Men get put in a bad light in someone else's book that's just gets ignored as bad writing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    What a perfect example of how the X-Fandom treats non mutant characters, if they're badly written or OOC in X-books then that's their only characterization regardless of whether or not that's actually true, but when the X-Men get put in a bad light in someone else's book that's just gets ignored as bad writing.
    We hated her when she was a mutant too. Whats your point?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

That's actually an irrelevant point with Wanda, though. Her "bad acts" didn't happen in X-books. She's known how she's known because of her portrayal in Avengers' books and company-wide events written by Avengers' writers. The X-books are just left to deal with the consequences and they use the character they're handed.

More like marvel want to screw over x-men and the whole complex things

BANNED

And then there's this whole victim syndrome thing the Xfandom loves to propagate

And then there's this whole victim syndrome thing the Xfandom loves to propagate
    To be fair the books got screw up after 2015. So part of the complex is true

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Remender had his share of issues and the use of Wanda got especially broad and harsh in UA, but frankly her self-loathing for mutantdom has always seemed like something seething under the surface for me since decades back. She has always kept her distance in large part due to Magneto. House of M was a terrible story from start to finish, but her lashing out at mutants seemed of a piece with her longstanding neuroses and later psychosis. (I know, I know, it was Doom, whatever) Did Remender express it in the most OTT way possible at times? Yes, he often goes for grand opera to the point of camp. Did I believe it was beyond Wanda? Nope.

She's a very complex, fascinating character who I am glad has been restored to functionality as a hero. But I also think she has a lot to answer for re: mutants. Bringing her into the mix again would mean the X-Men treating her like a war criminal IMO, and they should. (In fact, I'd kill for a crossover where they abduct her to Krakoa and do "the Trial of Wanda Maximoff" a la Eichmann, perhaps behind Magneto's back until it's too late.)
    I’m really behind this idea. If they really wanted to up the drama, I could even see Wanda being held in court amongst a jury of mutants. I know that’s the whole point of the Quiet Council, but I feel like more spicy character discourse and interactions can happen if she’s actually being confronted by mutants whose lives she may have ruined. Hell, throw in Quicksilver and call it “The Trial of the Maximoffs.”

Just chiming in to say this is Bendis/Remender's fault and that Children's Crusade SUCKED.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

You mean the COMPLETELY REAL FACT that X-Men books were left to rot in favor of the Inhumans so that Marvel could push properties it still held the movie rights for? Or them burying X-books from 2008 onward?

Victim syndrome doesn't apply when there are ACTUAL VICTIMS!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You mean the COMPLETELY REAL FACT that X-Men books were left to rot in favor of the Inhumans so that Marvel could push properties it still held the movie rights for? Or them burying X-books from 2008 onward?

Victim syndrome doesn't apply when there are ACTUAL VICTIMS!
    I'm not sure if having bendis,, sttuart immonen, sara picheli and mahmud asrar is Marvel sabotaging the line.

they just plug out the money from franchise 2016 onwards

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I'm not sure if having bendis,, sttuart immonen, sara picheli and mahmud asrar is Marvel sabotaging the line.

they just plug out the money from franchise 2016 onwards
    Bendis is sabotage to everything he touches with horrible writing, ignoring all continuity, and tons of inconsistencies but hey he's good at writing talking heads and people at breakfast tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    Bendis is sabotage to everything he touches with horrible writing, ignoring all continuity, and tons of inconsistencies but hey he's good at writing talking heads and people at breakfast tables.
    every writer igmores continuity, look at what hickman is doing on x-men.

I knew someone would come to say that brindis is opposite of Midas touch haha. But I don't think Bendis really screw up the x-books, it was more the fault of editors than him

BANNED

Hickman confirmed Bendis got tired of writing XMen because of editorial screwing the line over due to movies rights. Creators are not machines and working in an environment that dont foster creativity will mess with te quality of the work. Thats why the genral consensus is that Bendis run was good during the first year and whatever after that.