Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default If the AXIS retcon is undone...

... what is to be done with Wanda?

If she’s made a mutant again, she falls under Krakoan jurisdiction and the right to try her for her many, many crimes

The sentence, however, would be a problem:
    • Executing her means that A) she probably falls into the resurrection protocols, and even if Xavier puts off her resurrection, her anima will probably corrupt Cerebro as surely as it did Vision’s wife, B)the Scarlet Witchcraft (no doubt tainted by Cthon and the Life Force) will pass to Billy
    • Exiling her to the deep runs the fairly obvious problem that Cthon’s already semi-psychotic Avatar/favoured meat-puppet is allowed to even crazier with nothing to do but listen to him (and while otherworld might be brought to heel in Excalibur, Elder Gods are another matter)

So what should be done?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

If she’s made a mutant again, she falls under Krakoan jurisdiction and the right to try her for her many, many crimes

• Executing her means that A) she probably falls into the resurrection protocols, and even if Xavier puts off her resurrection, her anima will probably corrupt Cerebro as surely as it did Vision’s wife, B)the Scarlet Witchcraft (no doubt tainted by Cthon and the Life Force) will pass to Billy
    • Exiling her to the deep runs the fairly obvious problem that Cthon’s already semi-psychotic Avatar/favoured meat-puppet is allowed to even crazier with nothing to do but listen to him (and while otherworld might be brought to heel in Excalibur, Elder Gods are another matter)

So what should be done?
    The retcon actually makes a different event much worse.

In AvX, Hope undoes "No More Mutants" by combining the Phoenix with her ability to use Wanda's mutant ability to wield Chaos magic, since Chaos magic harms the Phoenix. But if Wanda isn't a mutant, how did Hope do that?

OT: There really isn't a good option to deal with Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

So what should be done?
    If they retconned Wanda, Magneto would never let her be executed. He is many things, but one thing he definitely is an overprotective father and I think he would kill anyone who tried to hurt Wanda no matter what differences they have between them.

Honestly, I am not even sure how Lorna would feel, she did lose her powers after M-Day and had to go through a horrifying process (horseman of Apocalypse) to get them back. I am not sure if they have ever addressed whether Lorna forgives Wanda or not.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

I'm pretty sure Children's Crusade already established that the mutants weren't going to prosecute Wanda for M-Day.

BANNED

As the good captain already said "Wanda is an avengers, let her to us."

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    If they retconned Wanda, Magneto would never let her be executed. He is many things, but one thing he definitely is an overprotective father and I think he would kill anyone who tried to hurt Wanda no matter what differences they have between them.

Honestly, I am not even sure how Lorna would feel, she did lose her powers after M-Day and had to go through a horrifying process (horseman of Apocalypse) to get them back. I am not sure if they have ever addressed whether Lorna forgives Wanda or not.
    I love PAD but he totally droppped the ball on that when he had Lorna and Wanda meet up in All New X-Factor. He wrote Lorna like the older sister and Wanda was basically Mary Marvel.

BANNED

lol they should Adolf Eichmann her. The Banality of Wanda. 5 issue mini, readers can decide on her fate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

In AvX, Hope undoes "No More Mutants" by combining the Phoenix with her ability to use Wanda's mutant ability to wield Chaos magic, since Chaos magic harms the Phoenix. But if Wanda isn't a mutant, how did Hope do that?

OT: There really isn't a good option to deal with Wanda
    Might be a left over of the first Phoenix running with Agamotto and Odin (same for channeling the Iron Fist)?

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Didn’t Magneto concede to the X-Men and New Avengers putting her down?

There are some things blood can’t forgive

BANNED

They should just exile her. Let humans deal with the crazy witch since she loves them so much.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

They should execute Doom instead and give Wanda the cure.

She's an interesting character with donkey years worth of stories and mythos and so this intolerance of her character is un-X-meny.

Yeah, I wanna see her interactions with Jean, Storm, Betsy, Cyclops, Emma, Gambit, Nightcrawler and literally all the other characters, so what!!

These characters aren't insular and hive minded, gimme some character interplay, dynamics, diversities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol they should Adolf Eichmann her. The Banality of Wanda. 5 issue mini, readers can decide on her fate.
    I'm down. 10c

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Maybe they could give her the mental illness curing flower.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

OT: There really isn't a good option to deal with Wanda.
    Hope also copied the chi powers of a newborn dragon from K'un-lun, so unless that dragon was somehow a mutant, Hope could just inexplicably copy non-mutants in that event

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Hope also copied the chi powers of a newborn dragon from K'un-lun, so unless that dragon was somehow a mutant, Hope could just inexplicably copy non-mutants in that event
    I think the event was trying to imply that Dragons are precursors to mutants, but it was handled really sloppily.