Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I think the event was trying to imply that Dragons are precursors to mutants, but it was handled really sloppily.
    To be fair, every series could use more dragons.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Wow...

I didn't read Uncanny Avengers but holy crap Wanda...

That's messed up.
    Because it was the first issue and it spun right out of "Avengers vs. X-Men" it seemed like it was a deliberate attempt to get readers (many of whom wouldn't normally read an Avengers book) as angry as possible. It doesn't make much sense as characterization, because even if you think the worst of Wanda, what kind of an idiot would she be to make that speech at that time in that place, let alone one page after she was kneeling and weeping at Xavier's grave?

There is a real thing that this page gets at that is interesting, which is that Wanda was the most prominent post-1961 mutant who never joined the X-Men or one of the other mutant teams. That could be considered a betrayal of her people, or a fulfilment of the dream of mutant acceptance, or both at the same time, but Remender could not do this in a deft way at all, and that was a problem through the whole run. Everyone made their points in the jerkiest way possible.

Since the end goal of the Resurrection protocols is to bring back all 16 million dead Genoshans, and their secondary goal is to repower the 1 million mutants from M-Day, I'm sure Hickman has a plan to undo M-Day once and for all. Whether that plan succeeds or not is yet to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    She was still powered by the "Life Force" when she gave Rictor his powers back. She lost that power to Doom and hasn't pulled off anything on that scale since.
    Oh.......I forgot about how that all revolved around the Doom/Life Force retcon. Why didn’t Phoenix repower everyone when she came back for Hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Oh.......I forgot about how that all revolved around the Doom/Life Force retcon. Why didn’t Phoenix repower everyone when she came back for Hope?
    I'm going to take a guess and say "Brevoort"

AVX WANDA: "oh god guys i really f'd this one up my dudes omg omg omg"

UA WANDA: "im sobbin and im cryin' and i'm sobbin' and i'm cryin' omg this isn't epic"

UA WANDA ONE PAGE LATER: "Um, excuse you? Bish, that was like, a week ago! Get over it! Sheesh..."
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    1. Remender

2. Solid grasp on characters more than 20% of the time

Pick one.
    It wasnt intentional on his part but the Rogue/Wanda feud felt very in character. Ofc he expected ppl to side with Wanda and that backfired but that RiRi for u.

Rogue deserves a statue and a high ranking position in Krakoa government and the fact she has neither is frankly misogynistic.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Do you have the page of her hugging Wanda, too?

Wanda helped create a humanelss mutant paradise in that book that Havok destroyed, too lol.

BANNED

This one? Also Rogue dialogue is priceless maybe I should give Remender another chance.

BANNED

Remember when Rogue became Wanda's biggest fangirl?

And then Zub completely ignoring that in his short UA v3 run?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

god I wish we could fully transfer the "ignore bunn" spell someone cast to a universal "ignore remender" spell
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    1) There is nothing in this suggesting she could reverse it.

2) She literally did try to reverse it on Children's Crusade and literally wasn't able to.
    Yes there is. Back in Children’s Crusade, she repowered Rictor in testing if it was possible. And the reason she wasn’t able to reverse it was because Patriot interrupted the spell causing Wanda to lose the power to do so to Doom.

BANNED

I used to be in favor of undoing the re-retcon, but I changed my mind over time. Thanks to House of M, Wanda always brings out the worst in both the X-Men and fans. The less she has to do with any character related to the franchise, the better.

BANNED

I already lost patience by then. I was out the minute RiRi killed off Rogue.
    Last edited by tuck frump; 10-17-2019 at 02:28 PM.

BANNED

Sometimes I get sad for a writer who has their plot completely derailed and discarded. Remender isn't one of those, but denying his contribution to the funniest moments of mutant related books would be wrong:
    - Wanda going full ******* mode on Rogue at the very first issue
    - Rogue hugging Wanda mentioning that she murdered her, but everything was ok now and basically saying "hug it out, sis, come on!"
    - Wanda and Simon suddenly becoming soulmates after pages of her telling him he's like a brother for her
    - Kluh
    - Low Evolutionary
    - Luminous
    - Havok leading an Avengers squad

The man had the chops for accidental comedy like nobody else.